Can Jalis Replace Glint?

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Do you think Jalis can be used as a viable replacement for glint on power builds? why or why not?

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Hrrrmn.

Pros: Heal removes conditions. Heal does not rely on enemy’s actions. Vengeful Hammers can synergise with Assassin’s Annihilation for area damage and sustain. Forced Engagement is cheaper CC than Winds of Chaos.

Cons: Heal has a lot less potential healing. More expensive stunbreak. No Revealed. No team buffs apart from RotGD (Facet of Chaos is probably more useful damage reduction overall) and Inspiring Reinforcement (generally only useful for stomping in sPvP). Forced Engagement doesn’t have the area CC that Winds of Chaos does, nore can it push downed enemies off points.

I guess it could be worth a try, but you are giving up a lot and the main thing you’re getting back is Vengeful Hammers and a more reliable heal. Now, if Inspiring Reinforcement was buffed to something that was actually useful…

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Hmm, for what game type?

In pve, the main reason people want a rev is for the buffs. So I’d say no.

In PvP, I dunno… Not even factoring in the group buffing, Glint still has a lot of useful skills (invulnerability, reveal, weakness, ranged vulnerability stacking, and an instacast condition to boon clear if you’re using Leadership Runes). So you’d be trading all that for Jalis’ super expensive slow/taunt, wierd stability lightning field that you can blast for group swiftness I guess, a group protection that’s really only good if you take retribution to make it work on condis, a decent heal, and hammers—which can actually get you killed vs anyone who reflects ranged damage on their blocks.

For WvW. Maybe… Although with the amount of running around vs actual fighting, I’d probably kill myself without lazy perma-swiftness.

(edited by narcx.3570)

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

Isn’t jalis and glint the norm for pve?

From what I understand for power builds is running glint and jalis. Who are you using with glint?

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

In WvW zergs yes in roaming possibly

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Ragion.2831

PvP game mode, sorry forgot to specify, i find no point playing pve since theres no real sense of character progression so i forget that it exists.

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

In pvp, no. Jalis is 100% unviable in a pvp environment. The heal is horrible. The utilities are too costly, and their effects are too weak, and and just not suited for pvp. The only thing that is even somewhat “decent” about the legend is the Elite skill, and it has wayyy to high of an energy cost for such a short lasting effect that honestly doesn’t even tie in well with the gameplay of rev.

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Jalis is, unfortunately, very undertuned. In particular, Vengeful Hammers has absurdly low values, while Road is a bit all-over-the-place and generally kind of unreliable. All in all, it’s mostly just inferior to the other legends. It does work as an okay tank setup in PvE, but tanking is not the best role for the Rev as they do better with DPS and buffs. I can’t imagine any real use for it in PvP.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Ragion.2831

In my experience i find that usually when you have a high defensive ability that doesnt last very long it means that it is only effective canceling short bursts of damage so you can survive long enough to do high amounts of damage.

So Jalis elite 5 second duration with a 5 second protection is only effective if you can do a lot of damage but not so much if you have to use it multiple times in a short space of time. This type of balancing does make sense, the problem is this is the wrong era.

Before the June 23rd 2015 patch Jalis wold have been a pretty good legend. Actually all of revs legends would have been considered viable (the ventari tablet resummon would have still been a problem). We would be seeing more legends being used but the studio balances with no direction.

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

narcx.3570

From what I understand for power builds is running glint and jalis. Who are you using with glint?

Per fractals, if there was a chrono in your party it was Glint/Jalis, if not then Glint/Shiro.

For raids it was usually Glint/Mallyx so you could be on the boon removal team.

However, since the last patch it’s “just play warrior” since nobody will take your rev to raids.

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Per fractals, if there was a chrono in your party it was Glint/Jalis, if not then Glint/Shiro.

However, since the last patch it’s “just play warrior” since nobody will take your rev to raids.

This made me chukkle and cry at the same time.
In pvp its mainly shiro/mallyx and glint. The heal of glint is really strong and the reveal is neccesary against thiefs.
All legends miss something and need balance tweaks. Only Glint is status quo.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Einlanzer.1627

This made me chukkle and cry at the same time.
In pvp its mainly shiro/mallyx and glint. The heal of glint is really strong and the reveal is neccesary against thiefs.
All legends miss something and need balance tweaks. Only Glint is status quo.

Agreed. Generally, Glint brings too much to the class. Shiro is the only other legend that is noteworthy.

Ventari is too fickle to use effectively, and healing is very situational to begin with.
Jalis is just Glint with much worse utility
Mallyx is okay, but Revs are too lacking in condi weapon options to make great use of it

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

Comparing Glint/Shiro to Jalis is like Comparing a Ascended armor to a Masterwork Armor. No contest.

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

narcx.3570

Mallyx is okay, but Revs are too lacking in condi weapon options to make great use of it

Mallyx sort of acts as an aoe condition weapon though because most rev’s just flash demon stance for the aoe burn proc and then spend all of their energy spamming banish enchantment. But ya, mace is horrible… It’s not realistic to stay on a target with mace’s auto attack and not just get annihilated by a quick focus fire.

Can Jalis Replace Glint?

in Revenant

Einlanzer.1627

Mallyx sort of acts as an aoe condition weapon though because most rev’s just flash demon stance for the aoe burn proc and then spend all of their energy spamming banish enchantment. But ya, mace is horrible… It’s not realistic to stay on a target with mace’s auto attack and not just get annihilated by a quick focus fire.

Yeah, it’s awesome as a trash clearer. I’m not sure if there’s anything in the game that feels as OP as a condi Rev in Mallyx fighting a large number of relatively weak enemies. It just seriously lacks versatility, and does not work well at all in tougher fights against one or two enemies.