Can someone explain the Mistward armor to me?

in Revenant

Posted by: Joe.2780

Joe.2780

So it says that it comes in collections? I’m sorry, I have been an on-and-off player since the release of the game, but I can’t figure out what it means on the wiki when it says “unlocked through collections.”

Any detailed info on how to get the armor would be amazing!

in Revenant

Posted by: Nimarrodd.7823

Nimarrodd.7823

As you fully invest in traitlines, you’ll open up the specific collection for the individual pieces. Then you have to collect all the stuff pertaining to them, found via crafting, drops, Mystic Forge, vendor, etc.

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

You can find them in Hero panel > Achievments > Collections > Specializations
The crafted armors you need are Scale (iron/wool), Gladiator (steel/cotton) and Barbaric (mithril/silk). Every other item required has a tooltip.

in Revenant

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Collections are a new feature filed under Achievements. How they work is you obtain various items that count toward the completion of the Achievement and once you’ve got them all, the Achievement auto-completes and there’s usually a reward chest that it gives you (in this case, a piece of Mistward Armor).

Some Collections require a special item or scenario to unlock them. Others unlock automatically once you obtain an item that is part of the collection.

For Mistward Armor pieces, the collections unlock as you complete specialization lines. So spending the hero points to fully unlock the specialization line Devastation unlocks one collection, Corruption unlocks another, and so on. There are 6 specialization lines in total, including the elite specialization Herald – one for each armor piece.

Once a collection is unlocked, you can go view it under your achievements and hover over various needed items to get hints for where you’re supposed to find them.

Note that once a required item has been soulbound (or in some cases, account bound) you don’t need to hang onto it. If you’re concerned about accidentally deleting needed items, you can double check by looking at the relevant collection and seeing if the spot for that item is filled out.

Many collections have required items that are only useful as part of completing the collection and can be sold to a merchant after the fact for 10 silver. You’ll encounter several of these in the Mistward Armor collections.

Or words to that effect.

in Revenant

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Actually, my memory is betraying me. I think the 6th collection – Mistward Helmet – either unlocks once the other five are unlocked or it unlocks at the beginning of Herald. Cause I know I had it unlocked way before I finished Herald.

Or words to that effect.

in Revenant

Posted by: Nimarrodd.7823

Nimarrodd.7823

Actually, my memory is betraying me. I think the 6th collection – Mistward Helmet – either unlocks once the other five are unlocked or it unlocks at the beginning of Herald. Cause I know I had it unlocked way before I finished Herald.

The blindfold unlocks once you obtain something required for it – either by completing one of the other Mistward collections, or getting one of the few drops it requires.

in Revenant

Posted by: Joe.2780

Joe.2780

Thanks so much guys!