Can we get some options for ranged cond dmg?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kabbal.2819

Kabbal.2819

I’d love to play a condition build for PVE but after a few attempts at various fractals and world events, I had to give it up. It’s mainly because we have no real condition damage when we aren’t in melee. There are countless encounters where players have to fight ranged for most if not the entire duration, and we do significantly less damage.

I would love to get another ranged weapon that is for condition damage, but I would settle for some traits under the corruption specialization and some tweaks to utilities. What we currently have does little to nothing for us at range.

Traits

Rampant Vex – Critical hits have a chance to cause torment. (5.25 seconds of torment, 33% chance on critical).

This still is just awful. You get about 2-3 procs per min auto attacking with the hammer with Viper’s/Sinister. Let alone its torment, which is the WORST condition damage in PVE.

Venom Enhancement – When you apply torment, also apply poison. Poison last 50% longer. (7.5 seconds of poison, 20 second ICD)

The poison ticks are for 100-150 dmg in Viper’s/sinister with no chance of stacking. Lack luster trait and mostly likely intended as a method of reducing a targets healing in pvp.

Frigid Precision – Chance to chill your foe when you land a critical hit. (Chance on critical 50%, Chill duration 2.5 secs, 10 sec ICD)

Please remove this skill and consider adding something that enhances hammer so it applies conditions. IE “Hammer Bolt now applies X condition”

Diabolic Inferno – Burn nearby foes when using an elite skill. (2 stacks of burning for 4 secs, 5 targets, 360 range, 10 sec ICD)

Like the skill, but should be changed to “Next attack cast Searing Fissure at target’s location”.

Legendary Demon Stance

Banish Enchantment – Deal damage, apply confusion, and remove boons from your foe. (600 range, 3 stacks of confusion for 6 secs, 2 boons removed, 5 targets)

Confusion is like torment, good in pvp, crap in pve. 600 range sucks.

Unyielding Anguish – Leap toward the targeted area, creating a demonic field that torments and chills foes. (Chill 1 sec, Torment 6.75 sec, 5 targets, 5 pulses, 4 sec duration, radius 240, Dark field, 600 range)

Like this skill, can’t safely use offensively at range though.

Embrace the Darkness (elite) – Summon the power of the legendary demon to transform into a powerful avatar. Increase all attributes and pulse torment to nearby foes. (10% to all stats, torment 8 secs, 5 targets, interval 1 sec, radius 240)

Great skill in melee, not so great at range. Would be nice if it was something like:
“Pulse poison and torment to nearby foes.” (4 secs of torment, 1 sec of poison)
This way you could auto attack with hammer and projectile finish poison for 2 secs.

Empowering Misery and Pain Absorption are good as is.

I might add more to this post later. Gotta run and wanted to get this up. Thanks for any feedback, thoughts, praise, kisses, etc..

in Revenant

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

A ranged condi weapon would be great, unfortunately at this point i think it’s all set in stone and we are not getting any new weapon in the foreseeable future.

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Agreed that a ranged condition-based weapon really is needed for Revenant. I’d like to see it be a main hand weapon so that we can dual-wield while ranged. (My preference would be for a ranged main hand axe.)

Your other observations are good too. We really need that trait that’s been mentioned that would make Torment affect foes like they are moving even when they are standing still. (Especially for PvE.)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

How many new weapons were added to the game in the three years it was out?

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I suggested durring the betas to rework the mace a bit like they worked the spear. In short, since we don’t have a ranged option that works well with condies at all (hammer is nice, but has no synergy with condi build), I propose that the mace be given a similar treatment as the underwater spear for Revenant.

Proposed Solution: give the mace the same treatment as the underwater spear received
- This would put good use to the amazing mechanic that has become available recently and applied to spear. It seems a shame not to use this new mechanic more
- The mace is a good condi weapon, but sometimes range is just needed and this would allow more seamless weapon usage as (mentioned above) the hammer just feels out of place in that type of build
- This would encourage smart placement and more interesting battle presence since you get different results depending on range
Proposed change for AA (though would love to see other ideas here):
- 0-160 range – slightly more direct damage than current and slightly less condi duration applied
- 161-600 range- Less direct damage than current, about the same condi duration applied
- 601-900 range – Very little direct damage, add poison to the second attack, slightly increase torment duration

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I can only think of two classes with serious ranged condi… ele staff and war longbow. Everything else condi is midrange or melee.

mid-range condi:
thief & ranger SB
ele, mesmer, and necro scepter
engi pistols
revenant axe
ele focus
war sword off
revenant mace (#2/#3)

melee condi:
thief d/d
revenant mace (#1)
guard torch (the aoe)
ranger torch (the aoe specifically)
ele & ranger dagger
war sword off

I certainly might have missed some weapons where at least half their skills do decent condi damage but… not really anything much doing long range. So I would not expect condi to become long ranged for anyone any time soon.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in Revenant

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

None that i recall.

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I suggested durring the betas to rework the mace a bit like they worked the spear

I like that idea. Since it doesn’t give the Revenant another weapon but just reworks an existing one, it may actually have a chance of being implemented.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

None that i recall.

Exactly.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kabbal.2819

Kabbal.2819

I can only think of two classes with serious ranged condi… ele staff and war longbow. Everything else condi is midrange or melee.

mid-range condi:
thief & ranger SB
ele, mesmer, and necro scepter
engi pistols
revenant axe
ele focus
war sword off
revenant mace (#2/#3)

melee condi:
thief d/d
revenant mace (#1)
guard torch (the aoe)
ranger torch (the aoe specifically)
ele & ranger dagger
war sword off

I certainly might have missed some weapons where at least half their skills do decent condi damage but… not really anything much doing long range. So I would not expect condi to become long ranged for anyone any time soon.

900 range attacks would be fine by me.

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

You’re going to have to wait for the next expansion for Roy to come back.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

You’re going to have to wait for the next expansion for Roy to come back.

I am just hoping they took the rest of the year off for holiday time

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer