Can we reduce cd on phase traversal to 3sec?

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

As in title..being unable to catch thief is not fun by any means. If really nothing will be done ill visit thief section and ask for same treatment to add cd’s on their abilities.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

And why do you think you’re supposed to always catch thieves?

You know, I don’t think they need or they will, but if they gonna buff it back somehow, I’d like to see something like this: no cooldown. When you use Phase Traversal, you get a specific debuff that lasts 3/5 seconds. While the debuff is up, every next Phase Traversal use costs twice as much energy. So you can wait for the debuff to go out (working like a fake cooldown) and have the same energy cost or you can spam it two, three times, but only if you have like 80%, 100% energy stored.

Pumpkin – Mag

(edited by Pumpkin.5169)

in Revenant

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Disagreed. 5 sec is quite nice imo.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Bc they been uncatchable for far too long. Bc Shiro was supposed to chase and murder everyone that tried to flee. Always hated the fact that i couldnt run from the thief but thief could reset at will. They have far too much mobility which doesnt require target unlike us which is wrong.

Either we get back no cd and just increased energy cost, decreased cd on pt or im gonna asking for nerfs and cd’s to them.

in Revenant

Posted by: pola.5832

pola.5832

Thieves are kinda trash right now, the only way to kill a rev with a thief, is a really REAAALLY big skillcap between the 2. Only thing thieves can do right now, is escape (and thats again all prof).

You asking for them to not being able to run? that is you sucking and not being able to burst them fast. Like really, thieves tickle me in spvp. You saying you hate the fact that you cant run from a thief? why would you even run from them, thieves are in a pitiful state right now, you don’t run, you just bait them, then go back and burst them, and use your reveal skill.

I play a revenant btw, and i honestly thing 5 seconds are great. we already have UA as a anti-escape skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Verenhimo.3296

Verenhimo.3296

Bc they been uncatchable for far too long. Bc Shiro was supposed to chase and murder everyone that tried to flee. Always hated the fact that i couldnt run from the thief but thief could reset at will. They have far too much mobility which doesnt require target unlike us which is wrong.

Either we get back no cd and just increased energy cost, decreased cd on pt or im gonna asking for nerfs and cd’s to them.

Theives are in a bad spot and you want to make it worse for them? Also you make it sound like your demands will be heard and not just ignored because of flimsy excuses like “shiro is for chase and murder lol XDDDD”

in Revenant

Posted by: darksoverign.5360

darksoverign.5360

An assassin can’t catch a mere theif… yep makes total sense.. XD as for thief’s being in a bad spot you obviously haven’t tried the evade spam theif yet.. follow that up with being able to stealth to get rid of us using unrelenting assault on them. and you have a hellish time. it’s not like he asked for a nerf to the energy cost. 2 seconds of a cooldown on a 30 energy ability is not much to ask. even 1 second off it would be nice 5 seconds is a bit too long with shiro momentum should be a playstyle jumping from player to player sliting throats as you go.

(edited by darksoverign.5360)

in Revenant

Posted by: ESKan.6782

ESKan.6782

An assassin can’t catch a mere theif… yep makes total sense.. XD

If you intend for Arenanet to make one profession inherently better than another because of flavour reasons, please don’t ever get into game design.

[PD] – Far Shiverpeaks.
Nameless Inversion/Ascension/Evasion/Ruination/Impression/Perdition/Compassion/Tactician
Guild Wars 2 will be an amazing game when it’s finished. Compare Prophecies to EotN!

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Thieves are kinda trash right now, the only way to kill a rev with a thief, is a really REAAALLY big skillcap between the 2. Only thing thieves can do right now, is escape (and thats again all prof).

You asking for them to not being able to run? that is you sucking and not being able to burst them fast. Like really, thieves tickle me in spvp. You saying you hate the fact that you cant run from a thief? why would you even run from them, thieves are in a pitiful state right now, you don’t run, you just bait them, then go back and burst them, and use your reveal skill.

I play a revenant btw, and i honestly thing 5 seconds are great. we already have UA as a anti-escape skill.

Just bc they are trash doesnt mean they should be able to get away at will. And i never said that i have to run from thief, but unlike thieves i cant escape from 1vX yet our mobility skill got cd while the one that can be used to chase/escape do not. That makes little sense.

Shiro was supposed to be all about dps and mobility to chase his opponents and right now he doesnt fuction well at the chasing part. For me thats mean half broken legend.

in Revenant

Verenhimo.3296

Just bc they are trash doesnt mean they should be able to get away at will. And i never said that i have to run from thief, but unlike thieves i cant escape from 1vX yet our mobility skill got cd while the one that can be used to chase/escape do not. That makes little sense.

Shiro was supposed to be all about dps and mobility to chase his opponents and right now he doesnt fuction well at the chasing part. For me thats mean half broken legend.

Find me a direct quote where a developer has said that Legendary Assassin stance is about having mobility and chasing people.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Find me a direct quote where a developer has said that Legendary Assassin stance is about having mobility and chasing people.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-shiro-legend-revealed-revenant

“Shiro will be a dark and sinister legend who focuses on slashing attacks and mobility”
Rip mobility.

Tbh i dont even use that much if at all unless i fight mes but even then..i have hammer in general. Howered when im trying to chase some runner thats where Shiro fails. Not like stealth wasnt enough to actually prevent our mobility, now also cd to completely kill it.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

Verenhimo.3296

So you quote me a gaming website?

But I digress, 5 seconds is FINE. you’re not going to get buffs just so you can stomp a already crippled PvP class just because “hurrdurr hes an assassin xD”.

Like what in the world were you thinking when you felt that the class deserves a buff to play counter to one profession? especially considering how strong the skill is as it is.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

And yeah, Shiro with 5s cd 1200 targeted blink that goes through Z axis and terrain totally does not have mobility.

5s cd 1200 range is not mobility now, lol. Every other single class would sacrifice a entire set of utilities for it. Even thieves.

Pumpkin – Mag

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

And yeah, Shiro with 5s cd 1200 targeted blink that goes through Z axis and terrain totally does not have mobility.

5s cd 1200 range is not mobility now, lol. Every other single class would sacrifice a entire set of utilities for it. Even thieves.

This +1

My guard would sell his first born for a 5 second CD teleport through all axis. And dont say Judges Intervention. Thats a 36 sec CD when traited.

Heck guards would take it with a 10 sec CD and thank their blessiings.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: Element.4319

Element.4319

So you want to even the leveling field? I’d agree to decrease CD on PT if you decrease base health and armor to “Assassin” level (like a thief) when they enter Shiro stance; you know, since you’re all about them being an “Assassin” and evening the playing field. Cause when do Assassin’s where heavy kitten armor, they need to wear cloth!

The more people whine about the 5 CD on PT, the more I love the change, and I was already fine with it.