Celestial Hybrid viable?

Celestial Hybrid viable?

in Revenant

Posted by: AehAZE.1867

AehAZE.1867

Has anyone tried this in either of the betas?

Maybe a Mallyx / Herald build with say Sword / Axe and Mace / Shield?

Celestial Hybrid viable?

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I’ve tried and so have many others. I don’t think it works very well though for a variety of a reasons. The main reason is that there is no hybrid weapon option, since mace’s power coefficients are too low.

Your survivability isn’t very good since revenant can’t heal through half of its health every 10 seconds like ele, and can’t spam weakness like necro (even though I’m not always too confident in celestial on necro).

The might stacking is technically there, but it’s scattered across so many trait lines that it’s cumbersome to use, and forces you to give up thing s elsewhere. The might traits in invocation and retribution also suck. Facet of strength gives you might, but in a rather slow buildup, since it’s supposed to be team might rather than personal.

You could run shiro over glint for better personal might stacking, but worse team support. Overall since revenant is geared towards doing two things well at a time, it’s best to stick with that and not go full out hybrid. A mace/axe hammer build could work if mace power damage got improved, and if the might stacking trait in retribution got better, since as cele you’d need retribution for sustain.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Celestial Hybrid viable?

in Revenant

Posted by: AehAZE.1867

AehAZE.1867

Thank you sir. I assumed as much…. Just needed to hear it from someone else. To much Theorycrafting going on, Have no idea which way I am gonna go still and only a month to decide. Trying to get my ascended armor ready for him

Celestial Hybrid viable?

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Oh well then in that case it might work. I only pvp, so I was talking about pvp celestial stats. In WvW it would probably work much better since you can overbuffing everything, but that’s not my scope of interest so I can’t say for sure.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Celestial Hybrid viable?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Ascended Armor is difficult to predict. It’s tough to tell because right now they’ve mentioned higher level fractals are gonna scale Precision/Toughness meaning they’ll crit more (more dmg) and reduce Power based damage (Power/Crit/Crit Dmg). This means we might potentially need tankier or condi based setups as well. Also who knows what roles are going to end up and land for raid requirements for all we know we’ll end up desired as Ventari Cleric healers in raids.

For now I made a full Berserker heavy set and am massing mats and recipes for other off sets like Sinister/Nomads just in case.

Celestial works okay with Condi based builds (mace/x), but outside of those it wastes the condi/healing parts of Celestial and better to go power based stats. It’s serviceable, but probably better other options.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Celestial Hybrid viable?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Yeah i’m probably crafting a zerk or Pvt ascended armor too since is the safest/sorta cheapest bet. A forge switch is always available eventually ;-)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?