Challenging or too easy? Pvp

in Revenant

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

So, i see many ppl complaining rev is too easy to play
…..from my experience it really isnt that easy, as im downed by condis within seconds from lack of condi removal, and rev heals are total garbo. Unrelentimg assault tends to miss almost every single hit from like 2 dodges lol. So, whats ur opinion? Challenging or easy?

in Revenant

Posted by: Spicy.2481

Spicy.2481

…..from my experience it really isnt that easy, as im downed by condis within seconds from lack of condi removal, and rev heals are total garbo. Unrelentimg assault tends to miss almost every single hit from like 2 dodges lol. So, whats ur opinion? Challenging or easy?

Probably easy to burst ppl down at really low skill, but to master the class and be truly effective to its full potential I would say one of the hardest classes in the game. I play necro, engi and revenant in pvp, and I would say that revenant is the hardest to really play well with, granted I main necro and the current meta scrapper is just kitten durable so you can make few mistakes and still survive heavy focus.

in Revenant

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Unrelentimg assault tends to miss almost every single hit from like 2 dodges lol.

Uuuuuuh ok.. so you say that people should spend 3 dodges to counter 1 skill?
wow! yeah UA must be kitten because it miss if someone dodge twice, my god man… are you for real?

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

Rev can be challenging because if you’re used to cooldowns being your only resource, it’s easy to spend energy too fast, and a Rev with no energy is very dead.

I personally think that the capacity to swap both weapons and legends makes it a bit more challenging as well, but that may be subjective.

I do notice a large variation in Revenants that I fight in PvP – some are hard to kill, while others are very easy, even within a single build type (Power Glint/Shiro). This suggests that Revenant may indeed be challenging to many people, especially if they are new to it. However, it also suggests that once you learn the class, it can be very effective.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Probably easy to burst ppl down at really low skill, but to master the class and be truly effective to its full potential I would say one of the hardest classes in the game. I play necro, engi and revenant in pvp, and I would say that revenant is the hardest to really play well with, granted I main necro and the current meta scrapper is just kitten durable so you can make few mistakes and still survive heavy focus.

Couldn’t have said it better. Only difference with me is that I havent played engi/scrapper. But I can say that fighting a decent player using a scrapper is very challenging.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Posted by: Frank.3791

Frank.3791

Thanks guys.
The main reason i asked this is because im unsure if i should main rev and uncertain about the future of rev…..
Many ppl are complaining its op, so, im pretty sure anet is gonna do some nerfing april patch.

in Revenant

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

Alot of people where using the fact that there was some rev stacking in the esl finals and they where the most represented profession (if memory serves) as an indication that they are OP. There are a lot of problems using the absolute bleeding edge 1% of top pvp players and trying to balance around them as they may as well be playing a completely different game to the average player.

Rev is no doubt a strong profession that stacks well ,it has clear weaknesses though and if you are not a skilled player you will most likely find it difficult to stay alive. As for will it get nerfed in the future? of course it will as will every profession at some stage. MMO balance is constantly changing just compare season 1 to season 2 and then next season people will be complaining about something new the cycle continues.

At the end of the day play the profession/s you enjoy its way more satisfying than just jumping to whatever is supposedly “meta” then switching to a new proff when it is inevitably nerfed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

With all the CC and condi spam this season, there’s no doubt that unless you have an Ele with you, Rev will be hard to play, it’s reliant on your team mates more than other professions.