Coalescence of Ruin too much damage

in Revenant

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Well my thief still does way more dmg than my revenant, so still find it balanced.

in Revenant

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Eh… when Rapid fire was buffed the QQ was epic and consumed the forums to the point where everyone and their mother thought a nerf was on the way. But guess what… the damage boost stood and people eventually learned counter play. Same thing could very well happen here.

in Revenant

Posted by: HiddenFlames.7258

HiddenFlames.7258

L2p issue nothing to see here.
The skill already has a 3/4 cast time and a tall tale animation and a long travel time.
Get gud scrub.

in Revenant

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

CoR is absolutely not fine in its current state. Yes, it has some elevation issues and can be dodged, but there are only so many times you can dodge an attack on a 2s CD, especially with the popularity of Sword as a secondary weapon which you need to save defensive abilities for.

I had what would have been a fantastic duel against a skilled Revenant the other day in WvW. We were both playing tactically, successfully dodging/mitigating each others big attacks… until I ran out of dodges/evades 10s in and ate an 11k unblockable CoR. Not cool :’(.

Edit: Seeing references to Rapid Fire here, which is interesting. Let’s keep in mind that Rapid Fire has a long cast duration (allowing you to avoid/mitigate a considerable amount of the damage) and can be reflected/blocked by special fields/auras. While CoR doesn’t hit targets at max range instantly, it does not lock you into a long cast and can not be mitigated/punished in the same way. Once it hits it instantly does the full damage of the attack depending on which pulse tags the target. The only thing RF has going for it at this point in the game is extra range.

(edited by aB EXT.1287)

in Revenant

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Eh… when Rapid fire was buffed the QQ was epic and consumed the forums to the point where everyone and their mother thought a nerf was on the way. But guess what… the damage boost stood and people eventually learned counter play. Same thing could very well happen here.

Well to be fair. Rapid fire could be body blocked or even destroyed/reflected. I think a big part of the issue with CoR is that it ignores the most common forms of mitigation against ranged attacks. And the frequency of which it can be used.

Lets be honest. If rapid fire couldn’t be blocked or reflected most people here woudlnt be saying “just dodge out of the way” Theyd be screaming there heads off for massive nerfs to the skill. The two skills have similar functions (highly telegraphed ranged dps that occurs moderately regularly and is capable of chewing active defense). But CoR is superior largely because theres less overall counterplay involved in heavy team fights. (If your fighting a reaper and trying to deal with corrupts. There is often LITTERALLY nothing you can do against COR. Your out of stamina. Chilled. And probably bleeding to death already)

Edit: Also on a solid crit CoR does the same damage as a full Rapid fire (assuming every arrow hit and most of the arrows crit) It has the potential of delivering that every 2 seconds. Making it superior from a damage aspect as well. Can you imagine the shear amount of tears if rapid fire had a 2 second cooldown?

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Yeah, I agree. I do think that CoR damage is kind of crazy, but there’s no way that it would hit for 12k against a target with 3k armor unless there was a very unique set of circumstances.

The only way this happens is if it’s boosted through the moon such as with Cruel Repercussions and even then I’d be very skeptical of a 12k hit on 3k armor. Boasting inaccurate numbers just isn’t going to do anyone any favors.

CRepercussions goes off a lot because of Guardian’s Aegis. It’s almost impossible not to see at least one block with CORuin which if you run untargeted (so an auto attack doesn’t get it) means you can fire off the second one a few seconds later for MUCH higher damage.

As for “git gud” to be honest there’s no get good part of the skill in WvW. There’s enough ground targeted things you are going to get hit by this. It’s just how it is. Same goes for most ground targeted stuff in large scale (read 20 v 20 or more) you’re just not going to avoid it because often times it’s on you before you can see it through all the visual noise (Friendly and enemy looks identical).

The more logical counter is simply kill the Revenants. If you are rocking maximum DPS gear you don’t have any armor let alone a large health pool. We are very vulnerable to CC without a Guardian group similar to Necros.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

Balance actual combat around spvp, not wvw. Unless its solo capping WvW structures or something. You can stack so many modifiers and get all sorts of extreme situations. 20k killshots, nerfomg, etc.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Yeah, I agree. I do think that CoR damage is kind of crazy, but there’s no way that it would hit for 12k against a target with 3k armor unless there was a very unique set of circumstances.

The only way this happens is if it’s boosted through the moon such as with Cruel Repercussions and even then I’d be very skeptical of a 12k hit on 3k armor. Boasting inaccurate numbers just isn’t going to do anyone any favors.

CRepercussions goes off a lot because of Guardian’s Aegis. It’s almost impossible not to see at least one block with CORuin which if you run untargeted (so an auto attack doesn’t get it) means you can fire off the second one a few seconds later for MUCH higher damage.

As for “git gud” to be honest there’s no get good part of the skill in WvW. There’s enough ground targeted things you are going to get hit by this. It’s just how it is. Same goes for most ground targeted stuff in large scale (read 20 v 20 or more) you’re just not going to avoid it because often times it’s on you before you can see it through all the visual noise (Friendly and enemy looks identical).

The more logical counter is simply kill the Revenants. If you are rocking maximum DPS gear you don’t have any armor let alone a large health pool. We are very vulnerable to CC without a Guardian group similar to Necros.

I agree revenants are vulnerable to CC. But the hammer revenants defensive skills AREN’T affected by CC. So once you burn through the cooldowns there VERY easy to kill. Its just getting through those cooldowns in the first place that can take awhile. Most builds burst phases last 6-10 seconds. A decent revenant (doesnt take alot of skill to pull it off) can stay alive that long going through UA,Shield 5,Trait Shield 5, Glint heal) and have a fight thats in there favor afterwords if the enemy used all there cooldowns. So taking a revenant atleast in small scale usually takes a bit of time as you have to save cooldowns yet simultaneously force there procs to occur without burning yours.

Ghost Yak

in Revenant

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Maybe toughness is bugged.. Well puttinh higher CD is kittentated CD is so clumsy on Rev when we already manage Legendary CD and energy upkeep. We should be more like thief.

Toughness isn’t bugged. Fact of the matter is that most of the new skills released have extremely high coefficients and new traits only ramp them further.

Backstab is notorious for hitting for lots of damage. Fact of the matter is that it’s now not really that strong compared to the new skills.

Example being that CoR’s damage values are higher than backstab. UA on a single target is the equivalent of two backstabs. Gun Flame’s damage is higher than backstab and Berserker alone gives almost 30% more damage modifiers. Gravedigger is a better coefficient than backstab. True Shot is almost 10% better than a backstab.

Consequently, what made stab really hit hard was also a lot of damage modifiers coming into play a pure damage build. A lot of the specs offer similar if not better damage modifiers than what would constitute a “meta” thief build. On the revenant, it’s extremely so.

This skill’s big balance problem is WvW. A huge number of enemies all using this ability wipes massive groups of players instantly at choke points. There’s no point in building siege because CoR does it better. CoR even does better damage than Barrage, which was previously the highest-hitting skill in the game assuming the targets stayed in the field and did not dodge or attempt to mitigate the damage in any way. UA also does more damage, and Barrage has a huge channel/spread damage and more hits to proc retal off of which could easily drop the ranger.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zeale.1073

Zeale.1073

Hammer 2 has to be aimed and is easily avoidable at max range. If you are paying any kind of attention you can simply alter your trajectory and avoid it. You literally see it coming, and you don’t even have to evade to get out of the way. If the person “leads” you with the shot and you run into it, L2P. This skill does do very high damage at max range, but the telegraphs and slow speed to get there are, in my opinion, a fair trade-off.

in Revenant

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

People saying “you can dodge it” are obviously not talking about WvW, and probably don’t play WvW. In SPvP, this skill is kinda ok, because you can dodge it after you notice the tell. In WvW though, there is no way you’re gonna see this coming, especially not from 5 guys in a crowd of 40, all at once. Meteor Shower and Rapid Fire have easy counterplays in WvW. CoR has no counterplay (unless you are 1v1-ing a guy, but that’s not what we’re talking about here).

With 3500 armor and no vuln stacks, this usually hits me for 5k. I never get hit for less than 3k, and high hits are 8-10k.

Also, true story – if you are running away from a rev, and they cast this, you can get hit by it twice. Since it does 3 damage ticks as it moves outward from the caster, you can get hit with one tick, take a step, and get hit with a second tick as you cross the border between the patches on the ground. I got one-shot by this skill from full health as I was hit for 8k, then 10k almost instantaneously. Very rare occurrence, but just another lolwut moment you will experience with this skill.

No idea why ANet puts skills like this in the game.

in Revenant

Posted by: damnwidget.9301

damnwidget.9301

People saying “you can dodge it” are obviously not talking about WvW, and probably don’t play WvW. In SPvP, this skill is kinda ok, because you can dodge it after you notice the tell. In WvW though, there is no way you’re gonna see this coming, especially not from 5 guys in a crowd of 40, all at once. Meteor Shower and Rapid Fire have easy counterplays in WvW. CoR has no counterplay (unless you are 1v1-ing a guy, but that’s not what we’re talking about here).

Yeah well, in 1v1 you don’t even need t dodge it, just strafe left or right in a GvG situation probably is a good idea to have a bunch of druids and probably change some aspects of how we engage, there is a totally new class and 8 new elite specs obviously old tricks need to be reviewed and modified, adapt or die they say.

With 3500 armor and no vuln stacks, this usually hits me for 5k. I never get hit for less than 3k, and high hits are 8-10k.

If you got hit by a 10k CoR you should have 25 stacks of vuln on you and the reve 25 stacks of might with 3800 power or more and 240% critical damage with 7 damage modifier from Devastation + %7 damage modifier from invocation + 5 from runes of rage or 10% from scholar (100% hp pool on him) and even with all that 10k just sounds as not very realistic to me.

As the following formula: (2400 * 3800) * 2.40 * 1.07 * 1.07 * 1.05 * 1.25 / 3500 = 9397

Also, true story – if you are running away from a rev, and they cast this, you can get hit by it twice. Since it does 3 damage ticks as it moves outward from the caster, you can get hit with one tick, take a step, and get hit with a second tick as you cross the border between the patches on the ground. I got one-shot by this skill from full health as I was hit for 8k, then 10k almost instantaneously. Very rare occurrence, but just another lolwut moment you will experience with this skill.

Another true story is that sometimes you don’t get hit at all even in flat terrain cos you don’t get hit by any of these “patches”.

If there is any kind of irregularity in the terrain you will probably not get hit, if it is used in a downhill you don’t get hit at all neither, if you move behind any kind of tree/stone you don’t get hit neither.

The situation that you described and those that I described are bugs and need to be fixed ASAP.

No idea why ANet puts skills like this in the game.

Me neither http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/True_Shot

[SoW] Sông Of War – Baruch Bay

in Revenant

Phoenix the One.4071

Maybe toughness is bugged.. Well puttinh higher CD is kittentated CD is so clumsy on Rev when we already manage Legendary CD and energy upkeep. We should be more like thief.

Toughness isn’t bugged. Fact of the matter is that most of the new skills released have extremely high coefficients and new traits only ramp them further.

Backstab is notorious for hitting for lots of damage. Fact of the matter is that it’s now not really that strong compared to the new skills.

Example being that CoR’s damage values are higher than backstab. UA on a single target is the equivalent of two backstabs. Gun Flame’s damage is higher than backstab and Berserker alone gives almost 30% more damage modifiers. Gravedigger is a better coefficient than backstab. True Shot is almost 10% better than a backstab.

Consequently, what made stab really hit hard was also a lot of damage modifiers coming into play a pure damage build. A lot of the specs offer similar if not better damage modifiers than what would constitute a “meta” thief build. On the revenant, it’s extremely so.

This skill’s big balance problem is WvW. A huge number of enemies all using this ability wipes massive groups of players instantly at choke points. There’s no point in building siege because CoR does it better. CoR even does better damage than Barrage, which was previously the highest-hitting skill in the game assuming the targets stayed in the field and did not dodge or attempt to mitigate the damage in any way. UA also does more damage, and Barrage has a huge channel/spread damage and more hits to proc retal off of which could easily drop the ranger.

Seige still does more dmg last time I checked, and applies varie conditions. Though you could do that with CoR aswell.
But alot of skills deals more dmg than backstap, but as far as I can see CoR should not be one of them. But thief Vault is very powerful.
I still think they need to increase the energy cost, that would solve alot. The CD? Fine with me tbh, it is the lack of punishment in case of energy that is the main problem.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Guys..hammer is not even considered to be meta and you asking for it to be nerfed already. Something which is pure l2p issue tbh.

And ZvZ? How one would even try to make an argument about some skill being op there when its one huge aoe mess?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Cor (and other rev skills) is a well predictable, very shiny skill, little like ranger gs 2. The problem is not the skill but the meta itself. I dont like this pirate ship. No place for warriors and other heavy melees.
You see crazy dmg because the special circumstances. You and your enemy build around dmg, not survive. Everything is full with glass cannons. Our thieves, eles etc always laugh on ts because they literaly one shot/hit everybody. Totaly like the first months of the game

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

CoR scales extremaly good with Power for the 3rd impact. While in PvP it will be not so crazy and about the damage of True Shot on last impact, in PvE Wonderland called WvW I can raise the tooltip damage (!) to about 4k. That’s almost twice the damage compared to PvP. Now add all damage modifiers and other stuff you can use in WvW.

My point is, WvW is unbalanced because it is still PvE. If it’s completly destroying WvW “balance” as you say, then reduce power scalling and raise the base damage.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Phoenix the One.4071

Couldn’t we all just roll Hammer revenants in WvW? Problem solved

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I agree revenants are vulnerable to CC. But the hammer revenants defensive skills AREN’T affected by CC. So once you burn through the cooldowns there VERY easy to kill. Its just getting through those cooldowns in the first place that can take awhile. Most builds burst phases last 6-10 seconds. A decent revenant (doesnt take alot of skill to pull it off) can stay alive that long going through UA,Shield 5,Trait Shield 5, Glint heal) and have a fight thats in there favor afterwords if the enemy used all there cooldowns. So taking a revenant atleast in small scale usually takes a bit of time as you have to save cooldowns yet simultaneously force there procs to occur without burning yours.

But you are also talking about a power based opponent. In that regard the rev has its strenght, while vs a condi he needs all that you mentioned to prolong it, as it sort of works as his “condi removal” by avoiding/denying to much condi application. If a strong condi build gets to do its rotation on rev after infused light, then rev goes quickly down, it makes it balanced. Regarding hammer, it is strong, but again if the enemy goes in melee range it lowers the damage output.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: Toad.8043

Toad.8043

Reducing the damage of CoR may be warranted…. but only when opponents cannot achieve 100% avoidance by simply having half a yard of vertical height above the revenant using CoR.

Seriously? Asking to nerf an attack that one can avoid completely simply by taking advantage of the terrain that exists on all maps? I am realizing that the pathways commanders call out directions for the zerg movement put them in positions that negate CoR. Granted, their motivation is not to avoid CoR, there are other tactical reasons to take the path the commander is directing us to… but a tangential benefit is completely shutting down CoR from the enemy zerg.

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

UHHH complaining about WvW? Lol if they balanced the game taking in consideration WvW the game would be twice as worse. There are alot of other skills they would have to tweak first if you want to balance around WvW too, so just no… this would be a bigger mess.

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in Revenant

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

“Damage is perfectly fine where it’s "
http://imgur.com/94Lk49l

Most broken skill in WvW at the moment. But you know, I should ignore everything else and save my dodges for this only.

We have no idea how much Vulnerability you may have had at the time. All a Herald needs to do is poke you a bit with the Sword before using the Aspect of Strength to hit you with 20 Vulnerability, meaning it’d be at 25, then swap to Hammer and pummel you. If you were running away, that’d mean the damage went higher as well. The further it cascades, the harder it hits. That Rev/Herald was also squishy, so there’s that.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in Revenant

Posted by: PrinceKhaled.5104

PrinceKhaled.5104

UHHH complaining about WvW? Lol if they balanced the game taking in consideration WvW the a game would be twice as worse. There are alot of other skills they would have to tweak first if you want to balance around WvW too, so just no… this would be a bigger mess.

Nice words!

End of story, this skill is not as OP as you think in PvP. Ask the mesmer burst and rapid fire rangers. This skill is actually very weak in close range combats.
If you’re gonna fix skills for WvW, then please don’t forget to start with reapers/nercos wells (which won’t make sense to nerf)

in Revenant

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

UHHH complaining about WvW? Lol if they balanced the game taking in consideration WvW the a game would be twice as worse. There are alot of other skills they would have to tweak first if you want to balance around WvW too, so just no… this would be a bigger mess.

Nice words!

End of story, this skill is not as OP as you think in PvP. Ask the mesmer burst and rapid fire rangers. This skill is actually very weak in close range combats.
If you’re gonna fix skills for WvW, then please don’t forget to start with reapers/nercos wells (which won’t make sense to nerf)

You mean those 2 wells on 30 sec cool down which deal 3 CoR damage per 6 pulses combined ? Thanks for the laugh.

in Revenant

Posted by: PrinceKhaled.5104

PrinceKhaled.5104

You mean those 2 wells on 30 sec cool down which deal 3 CoR damage per 6 pulses combined ? Thanks for the laugh.

Before posting anything please put your butt down and think.

2 wells, 3 CoR damage (according to you, which is not true because wells have other effects as well) per 6 pulses AND bigger aoe radius AND no animation of casting (you just find yourself standing on top of it).
Now someone smart will come and say “but you can dodge out of the wells”. That’s exactly the point, the third impact of CoR is the most damage, dodge out of it, it is HIGHLY animated. Regarding the first impact, it is incredibly weak!
You know what also is pathetic? That people are always taking it on its high damage end which is 7 to 9 K, which is not the common damage. This happens when other boons, condis and traits are taken into consideration such as 10 stacks of vulnerability or so. That kitten commonly happens in WvW not PvP. If you received 10 stacks of vulnerability in PvP, then I am sorry to say, you deserve the 7 to 9 K damage up your “face”.

Are you still laughing now? I am happy to make you laugh more.

(edited by PrinceKhaled.5104)

in Revenant

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Using it at early game PvE, CoR IS pretty obviously powerful. Long-range, can hit 7 times, and a 2 second evasion frame make it one of the most powerful Revenant weapon skills in the game. This however is just early game, I still haven’t gotten my Revenant up to endgame, where it’s possible that its power subsides in PvE…and in WvW, there’s so much crap going on at once that of COURSE it’s going to kill somebody. You can kill people in WvW with a wet noodle during zerg battles, simply because everything is already going to be hitting you to begin with to wear you down.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Revenant

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

I think we can all agree that in SPvP this skill is ok. The damage coefficient is really high…but in situations where you can focus on 1 -3 targets at a time, you can learn to avoid it pretty well.

In WvW though this is a monster. The main issue is that it brick-walls any choke point on a map. With just 3-4 Revs lined up and spamming CoR down the alley of a choke, you will kill almost anyone instantly if they get hit. Skills from other classes, like Meteor Shower, Wells, and even piercing Rapid Fire are more forgiving, because the damage is done in pulses. If you dodge roll through, you may get hit once or twice between the dodge rolls, but you at least have time to react and get out if you can. With CoR though, if you get hit between dodge rolls, you are most likely going to die. That 10k+ burst just blows you up.

I understand the skill is buggy when terrain is involved, and that’s a separate issue that needs to be corrected. But that should not be used as justification for the high amount of damage CoR puts out.

in Revenant

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

Before posting anything please put your butt down and think.

2 wells, 3 CoR damage (according to you, which is not true because wells have other effects as well) per 6 pulses AND bigger aoe radius AND no animation of casting (you just find yourself standing on top of it).
Now someone smart will come and say “but you can dodge out of the wells”. That’s exactly the point, the third impact of CoR is the most damage, dodge out of it, it is HIGHLY animated. Regarding the first impact, it is incredibly weak!
You know what also is pathetic? That people are always taking it on its high damage end which is 7 to 9 K, which is not the common damage. This happens when other boons, condis and traits are taken into consideration such as 10 stacks of vulnerability or so. That kitten commonly happens in WvW not PvP. If you received 10 stacks of vulnerability in PvP, then I am sorry to say, you deserve the 7 to 9 K damage up your “face”.

Are you still laughing now? I am happy to make you laugh more.

Bigger Aoe Radius ? It doesn’t mean anything since it’s capped by 5 players as CoR. Wells secondary effect for boon striping is worse then Null field. Vuln stacking is trash. Those Wells brought by necroes just for the damage purpose. While Revenant will do sustainable damage from range, and yeah consider the glint and having 2 revs in a group for perma 25 might stacks and 90 + crit chance. And no buddy you can predict what zerg movement direction is, and by sending it to those who lead it will hit those who were in the middle at the end of it’s path.

Rage Runes, or Scholar Runes Revenants in full zerk can dish out 9 k + damage with CoR on regular basis. So please go away with your l2 move l2 dodge arguments. Those who can land it, will land it.

And if so, noone use CoR or Hammer lel. What’s the problem with it’s nerf ?

in Revenant

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

And when that happen, you might have missed you chance to get a big hit in.. and he might be standing in melee range taking nearly no dmg.
also if it is a mesmer, he wil evade, guardian will block and thief dodge..

So getting hit by such spell might also show that you are not the most skilled player.. granted range vs range it is very good.. but rangers outrange it. And only when the trait trigger will it bdeal these sick number.. but guess ppl forgot all about DH and moved on to the next nerf-thing..

that said 5 energy is way too low.. make it 25-35.
that said I would like to see removal of CD and increased upkeep through traits.

Um, no. This is an attack, not a utility skill. No weapon attack has an energy cost greater than 15.

That said, I have been hit just as hard by fellow full Zerker classes since release. You are complete glass cannon and easily countered. This is a L2P issue. Being full Zerker has a built in counter.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

(edited by Taldren.7523)

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Tbh i would like to see energy increase on CoR to 10-15 but
remove cd completely or keep it as it is

in Revenant

Phoenix the One.4071

And when that happen, you might have missed you chance to get a big hit in.. and he might be standing in melee range taking nearly no dmg.

So getting hit by such spell might also show that you are not the most skilled player.. granted range vs range it is very good.. but rangers outrange it. And only when the trait trigger will it bdeal these sick number.. but guess ppl forgot all about DH and moved on to the next nerf-thing..

that said I would like to see removal of CD and increased upkeep through traits.

Um, no. This is an attack, not a utility skill. No weapon attack has an energy cost greater than 15.

That said, I have been hit just as hard by fellow full Zerker classes since release. You are complete glass cannon and easily countered. This is a L2P issue. Being full Zerker has a built in counter.

You are missing the point here. Nothing to do whether it is utility or not. As Stated through out many post, I want to see removal of CD and major increase in energy cost.. alot like thief, where you decide if you want to spam an attack three time or maybe save some for evade or the like.

in Revenant

Phoenix the One.4071

I most agree though, WvW as a revenant is kinda dull.. I mean I cannot count the times where I encounter a zerg and just get down, just to see that the whole enemy zerg is downed aswell… It is those moment where you, and the other revs in your zerg, press “2” (CoR) just as the opponents revenants press “2” (CoR). And then it end up being a downed battle to rally first… I mean most of my friends run with traits benefitting downed state, just for this.
So WvW is clearly "Who press “2” first"-battle.

in Revenant

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

If you’re getting stomped by the hammer 2 skill you’re just bad…..there’s really nothing else to it.

Hammer, although I do like it’s move set, has tons of problems with it. It’s AA is on too long of a CD, it’s #2 misses if you are on an incline/decline/a little to the left/right. Not to mention you dont even need to dodge to dodge it, just walk left or right. It’s 3 has camera bugs, and it’s 5 should be a 1 second cast…but instead it’s almost 2.

In other words if you’re diein to hammer, you should probably go play an easier PvP game, like WoW. This one isn’t for you.

in Revenant

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

If you’re getting stomped by the hammer 2 skill you’re just bad…..there’s really nothing else to it.

Hammer, although I do like it’s move set, has tons of problems with it. It’s AA is on too long of a CD, it’s #2 misses if you are on an incline/decline/a little to the left/right. Not to mention you dont even need to dodge to dodge it, just walk left or right. It’s 3 has camera bugs, and it’s 5 should be a 1 second cast…but instead it’s almost 2.

In other words if you’re diein to hammer, you should probably go play an easier PvP game, like WoW. This one isn’t for you.

^This.

Really the reason people are seeing high damage numbers in WvW is because of
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cruel_Repercussion

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Revenant

Taldren.7523

You are missing the point here. Nothing to do whether it is utility or not. As Stated through out many post, I want to see removal of CD and major increase in energy cost.. alot like thief, where you decide if you want to spam an attack three time or maybe save some for evade or the like.

No, I really think you are missing the point. We get at max, 5 energy per second and have utilities that eat energy. Something thieves do NOT have.

Thieves big weapon abilities are what, 4 initiative? They have a pool of 12 to 15 initiative. They gain initiative at a base rate of 1 per second and have traits that generate it while in stealth, when you evade, stealing, swapping weapons, ect. Their utilities do not diminish their initiative pool at all.

Revenant has NOTHING that grants bonus energy and utilities that diminish or completely remove our ability to regain it at all. Your suggestion would be the worst thing that could happen to the class as we would never be able to use our utilities and elites just to be able to power our weapon attacks.

in Revenant

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

This skill atm is ruining WvW raids even further than they were ruined before with stabi changes and the shift towards pirateshipping.

2,0 damage coefficient at 1200 range, on 2 seconds cooldown, 5 targets, gg Anet!! It’s like… I don’t even know what to say about those numbers up there, really…

in Revenant

nacario.9417

This skill atm is ruining WvW raids even further than they were ruined before with stabi changes and the shift towards pirateshipping.

2,0 damage coefficient at 1200 range, on 2 seconds cooldown, 5 targets, gg Anet!! It’s like… I don’t even know what to say about those numbers up there, really…

Then may i suggest fully upgrading SM and use the much anticipated feature, the stealth fountain to hide in, 2 min stealth.

Power Ranger PvP

in Revenant

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Then may i suggest fully upgrading SM and use the much anticipated feature, the stealth fountain to hide in, 2 min stealth.

Sounds like a lot of fun…

in Revenant

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Was really surprised one time when I got hit by this skill for 12k after trying to burst dps the rev without succes (too tanky) so didn’t make sense to have a tanky rev dealing so much damage. CoR needs a damage nerf, not a cd nerf imo.

Also the rev in general needs a nerf. It currently takes no skill to play the class succesfully.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Revenant

Posted by: damnwidget.9301

damnwidget.9301

Was really surprised one time when I got hit by this skill for 12k after trying to burst dps the rev without succes (too tanky) so didn’t make sense to have a tanky rev dealing so much damage. CoR needs a damage nerf, not a cd nerf imo.

Also the rev in general needs a nerf. It currently takes no skill to play the class succesfully.

If the rev did hit you for 12k he wasn’t tanky at all, you need to learn to don’t hit the herald when he pop Infuse Light…

[SoW] Sông Of War – Baruch Bay

in Revenant

nacario.9417

If the rev did hit you for 12k he wasn’t tanky at all, you need to learn to don’t hit the herald when he pop Infuse Light…

This And rev has access to blocks too, a blocking target can still be squishy though. Yes the world is hard.

Power Ranger PvP

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Yep, obviously. Thats why i see olny a few revs in pvp while everyone and their mom runs condi reaper and dh.

in Revenant

Phoenix the One.4071

No, I really think you are missing the point. We get at max, 5 energy per second and have utilities that eat energy. Something thieves do NOT have.

Thieves big weapon abilities are what, 4 initiative? They have a pool of 12 to 15 initiative. They gain initiative at a base rate of 1 per second and have traits that generate it while in stealth, when you evade, stealing, swapping weapons, ect. Their utilities do not diminish their initiative pool at all.

Revenant has NOTHING that grants bonus energy and utilities that diminish or completely remove our ability to regain it at all. Your suggestion would be the worst thing that could happen to the class as we would never be able to use our utilities and elites just to be able to power our weapon attacks.

Sorry, let me state it better then.. You are missing MY point.
I think hight cost is better. We got more energy than they got initiative points.
We got no way to increase that enery or upkeep, but other people have suggested that this should be given to us, so we might get a 7 energy upkeep.
We get 50 energy just from changing legends.
And if CoR is ruining the game, I see no prob in increasing its energy cost, especially not if we can increase our upkeep. That would still make it good and we would not be able to mindless spam it, since we would be left without utilities.. Thief can do this, well guess what we are not thief.
And the only profession with a stunbreak that do not have a direct CD.

in Revenant

Phoenix the One.4071

Yep, obviously. Thats why i see olny a few revs in pvp while everyone and their mom runs condi reaper and dh.

DH gonna be nerfed.. I consider running alot spvp with dh before the nerf.. Well anyhow still a teameffort.

in Revenant

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Coalescence of Ruin hits harder than Backstab.

Think about it for a second.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

DH gonna be nerfed.. I consider running alot spvp with dh before the nerf.. Well anyhow still a teameffort.

The point is fotm rerollers pick up easier to play yet efective class. We had a lot of revs on launch in pvp and most of them disappeared within few days for some reason

Howered i consider herald to be too easy to play compared to base rev.

in Revenant

Taldren.7523

Sorry, let me state it better then.. You are missing MY point.
I think hight cost is better. We got more energy than they got initiative points.
We got no way to increase that enery or upkeep, but other people have suggested that this should be given to us, so we might get a 7 energy upkeep.
We get 50 energy just from changing legends.
And if CoR is ruining the game, I see no prob in increasing its energy cost, especially not if we can increase our upkeep. That would still make it good and we would not be able to mindless spam it, since we would be left without utilities.. Thief can do this, well guess what we are not thief.
And the only profession with a stunbreak that do not have a direct CD.

Your incorrect about initiative/energy.

You get 12 to 15 initiative automatically as a thief. Big attacks are 4 initiative, so you could use 4 of them before running out and takes 4 seconds to regain.

You want a high energy cost on weapon attacks. 25 energy cost on a big attack would mean we could use it 4 times and would take 5 seconds to regain.

Seems similar, but it is NOT. Thief regains initiative from stealth, steal, evade, weapon swap, signet, ect based on spec/build. Revenant doesn’t regain energy by any means other than time and swapping of a legend every 10 seconds.

Thief has no initiative cost on any heal, utility, or elite which they can use freely while waiting on initiative. Revenant is completely shut down from doing anything while waiting on energy. No weapon attacks outside of AA, no utilities, no elite, and NO HEAL.

Thief can have a stun break in each of their utility slots if they wanted and can be used any time regardless of their initiative at the time. Revenant without energy can’t and the cooldown doesn’t matter when it takes 30 energy to use which is a built in 5 second cooldown doing nothing else but waiting on the energy to do so.

Again, your idea would be horrible as the Revenant would have to choose between doing their weapon attacks -or- heal -or- use a utility -or- use an elite. It would be the most restrictive class in the entire game.

in Revenant

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

To be honest I think the only real problem at the moment is Cruel Repercussion trait with it. Whoever thought a 50% damage mod would be fine needs to rethink it in my opinion as it offers way too much variance and creates excessive outliers like with the third CoR hit.

CoR with all its limitations in terms of elevation and many things essentially causing it to miss doesn’t really deserve a nerd imo. If they fixed it then maybe a slight toning down might be needed but as it currently is its too unreliable outside of flat terrain.

Thing I would like addressed though is the way hammer is a ranged weapon but any kind of elevation renders all but the auto attack and hammer 5 useless.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Yeah, I really think cruel repercussion should be redesigned. It could give 5 stacks that buff damage by 10% and consume one stack per hit instead, or something of that nature.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

I think cruel should just go. It rewards bad gameplay. Why you should be rewarded for failing to land a hit?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I think cruel should just go. It rewards bad gameplay. Why you should be rewarded for failing to land a hit?

Fine by me, I was merely offering a suggestion that would fix the problem without scrapping it entirely.