Condi Hammer suggestion

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Because we dont have any decent condi ranged weapon i would suggest to change Field of the mists on hammer to be a icefield to have synergy with abyssal chill.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Because we dont have any decent condi ranged weapon i would suggest to change Field of the mists on hammer to be a icefield to have synergy with abyssal chill.

1. ridiculously useless, Hammer is physical damage. End of sentence. Why change it.

2. Revenant gets Shortbow in next expansion, which will be condition damage based. So why change something we have now, if we get what we need anyway?

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

Posted by: FairyNuff.3452

FairyNuff.3452

1. ridiculously useless, Hammer is physical damage. End of sentence. Why change it.

2. Revenant gets Shortbow in next expansion, which will be condition damage based. So why change something we have now, if we get what we need anyway?

Though the leak said longbow for revs?

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Icon looks very much like a Shortbow.
Others mentioned that to be the case as well.

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

It said Bow. I bet it will be shortbow since its only used by 2 classes yet (Thief, Ranger), while LB has Warrior, Ranger, DH. Not sure though.
And yes, Icon looks like it, also the picture of the Rev holding the quite small bow screams for shortbow.

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

And where does it scream that it will be condi ?

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

Well i think you dont get what i am.suggesting. It is just an icefield. It will give more control in range and could have some use for condi revs.
It just opens more build diversity nothing more. It is still a condi weapon.

I think the renegate weapon is a shortbow and will be condi. A ranged pure condi weapon is missing on the spec and a SB wasnt featured in an E-Spec so far.

Pale Raiders united.

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

Posted by: FairyNuff.3452

FairyNuff.3452

Ahh the only source I saw said longbow.

I hope it isn’t a condi weapon personally, but seeing as revs current ranged is power the bow will be different.

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

Ahh the only source I saw said longbow.

I hope it isn’t a condi weapon personally, but seeing as revs current ranged is power the bow will be different.

Well it is actually not mentioned once what kinda bows we will get. SB is the more probable choice because of the new legendary and it is currently just used from 2 classes.
The condi ranged is pretty much clear because it is the obly niche we havent filled yet.

Thats actually why i suggested this to give us a little bit more wiggleroom for condi ranged and bit more controloptions on hammer.

Pale Raiders united.

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

For what it’s worth I kitted out a rev and traited Malyx, Shiro, Glint and did well enough. Just rampagers exotics, berserker runes, and a few pieces of condi ascended jewelry I’d had lying around from playing other professions(coudl have got by with rampagers or some other set for the accessories and probably the weapons as well). The weapons were crafted exotic Sinister(two swords one hammer).

I used Superior sigils of blood and superior sigils of frailty for the dual sword set up and then superior sigil of Ice and superior sigil of frailty on hammer.

Superior Sharpening stone and Plate of Orrian Steak Frittes.

Ice triggered regularly enough on hammer to get the second torment proc off. Frailty(with a ten second duration proc on low cooldown) did a better job than crit procs of keeping the life leeching from Shiro up and running. Between the food, the runes, a little self might, and the other kit there was well in excess of 2300 power or better. With Glint aura’s up there was over seventy percent to crit. That’s more than enough to do respectable power and condi damage at range and that – apart from the runes(24 gold giver or take these days) was done on the cheap.

Sword number two proc’d chill so that was easy too. It wasn’t a world beater but on a rev what is? The big drawback was condition cleansing but that’s a rev problem no matter what. I ran with Glint and Ventari for legends. Ventari for light group support/projectile blocking, and sporadic condi cleanse, but admittedly I hate the stone and even though I’ve grown proficient with it I still find it too fiddly to want to use it as opposed to needing to use it.

That said, I could see why you’d want an organic chill on the hammer for pvp where gear is restricted but that’s about the only instance. Otherwise having organic chill with the ability to go for a blood or another damage sigil(fire or Air) on the hammer would be nearly having our cake and eating it, but that’s just my opinion.

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

For what it’s worth I kitted out a rev and traited Malyx, Shiro, Glint and did well enough. Just rampagers exotics, berserker runes, and a few pieces of condi ascended jewelry I’d had lying around from playing other professions(coudl have got by with rampagers or some other set for the accessories and probably the weapons as well). The weapons were crafted exotic Sinister(two swords one hammer).

I used Superior sigils of blood and superior sigils of frailty for the dual sword set up and then superior sigil of Ice and superior sigil of frailty on hammer.

Superior Sharpening stone and Plate of Orrian Steak Frittes.

Ice triggered regularly enough on hammer to get the second torment proc off. Frailty(with a ten second duration proc on low cooldown) did a better job than crit procs of keeping the life leeching from Shiro up and running. Between the food, the runes, a little self might, and the other kit there was well in excess of 2300 power or better. With Glint aura’s up there was over seventy percent to crit. That’s more than enough to do respectable power and condi damage at range and that – apart from the runes(24 gold giver or take these days) was done on the cheap.

Sword number two proc’d chill so that was easy too. It wasn’t a world beater but on a rev what is? The big drawback was condition cleansing but that’s a rev problem no matter what. I ran with Glint and Ventari for legends. Ventari for light group support/projectile blocking, and sporadic condi cleanse, but admittedly I hate the stone and even though I’ve grown proficient with it I still find it too fiddly to want to use it as opposed to needing to use it.

That said, I could see why you’d want an organic chill on the hammer for pvp where gear is restricted but that’s about the only instance. Otherwise having organic chill with the ability to go for a blood or another damage sigil(fire or Air) on the hammer would be nearly having our cake and eating it, but that’s just my opinion.

It was not even a PvP idea actually. Just in general. Because revenant has these distinct weapon roles and legend roles some cross play possibilities could benefit the classes build diversity. Ofcourse in PvP and WvW it would give Rev a decent range condi option. And for PvE it would give a good Range option for Beginner who try condi.

Pale Raiders united.

Condi Hammer suggestion

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

Well i think you dont get what i am.suggesting. It is just an icefield. It will give more control in range and could have some use for condi revs.
It just opens more build diversity nothing more. It is still not a condi weapon.

I think the renegate weapon is a shortbow and will be condi. A ranged pure condi weapon is missing on the spec and a SB wasnt featured in an E-Spec so far.

Pale Raiders united.