Condi Rev WvW?

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: Deadpool.6709

Deadpool.6709

Not really seeing a lot of Condi Rev’s out in WvW! Was wondering if anyone has a build or a draft build for a condi/roaming Rev Build. Want to change things up for my Rev (as im power Rev all the time).

Dead Poptart (lvl 80 Engi) [HoBo] Hobo For Hire [NSP] Part Time Guard Killer/Yak Killer

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Hehe yeah considering the myriad of options for us to use condi I can see why builds are in high demand :P

So… uh. I know we have a lot of options but this is what works for me: Use our one condi mainhand wep. And our one condi offhand wep. Oh and don’t forget our condi stance. And the condi traitline. Not sure what to do at this point…

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

You can get away with the usual Condi Revenant build on Metabattle and just swap Shiro out for Glint. You might not be able to chase so well without Phase Travel, but the Torment stacks should keep them from getting too far, assuming you dont lose it to heavy cleansing.

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Glint is better for sPvP as well I’d say. The heal, the buffs, the burn field, the ultis, the elite. It’s just better.

If you swap to Shiro with the crap heal in the general condi hell that is sPvP today you’ll be dead long before you can swap back.

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

Glint is better for sPvP as well I’d say. The heal, the buffs, the burn field, the ultis, the elite. It’s just better.

If you swap to Shiro with the crap heal in the general condi hell that is sPvP today you’ll be dead long before you can swap back.

Played old Shiro\Malyx buil on sPVP today its not so bad if u do things right.

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

I had something like this in mind. It’s far from some meta, but seems fun enough. Basically you’re tank. Stay in Mallyx and if things go south switch to Jalis and spam that elite.
I know Glint is pretty much mandatory nowadays, but I guess if you go condi rev might as well stay in Mallyx stance and have Jalis as backup instead of Glint, since Jalis offers more on the defensive side.
Salvation line… well, wasn’t really sure what to take as 3rd one and took Salvation for those unexpected blinds and daze on elite use. Devastation and Invocation don’t really offer anything to condi build, Herald is option if you take Glint as 2nd legend.
Balthazar runes make this burn oriented, but I guess any condi runes can work out.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJApnnfNWNSuJrJRHl/kskygS4S5QJorcrkFUlY9tuX9qbMN4IB-T1hMABheCA8W9Hn1DIjyPQfAAipEEg9HIEgi1A-w

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

Invoc can offer stun break on legend swap and 40% crit rate and some heal on skill use, and condi remove so it has what to offer.

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Pure condi is too squishy, I just went for celestial with perplexity runes kek

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: Jarettellis.7813

Jarettellis.7813

Condi rev is kind of fun in WvW.

I use this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAsc5nnvNeNS6JvJRVlHlsrykSYW5SJYssrkFNFpdRgIrLjmNdzoSA-TVjAABApqSQqVwz+Dip04alYhpMQGdDe8AAYTJIHHBgPOBAxoFAgDCApAeUaE-w

usual opening:
Shiro—>PT|Legend swap to Mallyx—>trigger sword 4 immob, hit sword 5. as soon as they are pulled hit your elite for a daze, bleed, poison, torment, burning (krait rune). by than the enemy has a few boons, so your AA triggers confusion and boon removal. hehe.

So if they havent melted by than due to all the condi, pressure with Fridge blitz, temporal rift and mace AA. Dont forget to the daze from salvation is on a 10 second timer, so you can cause alot of pressure with all that. And what they wont expect is your heal to cause an aoe blind.

Between S/S and M/A you should have no trouble keeping ontop of your enemy with this build. It does take practice however to get rotations down. But remember to be aggressive. Most do not expect a condition rev to be aggressive.

Good luck and have fun.

Vikings with Attitude (Zerk)

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Condi rev is kind of fun in WvW.

I use this
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAsc5nnvNeNS6JvJRVlHlsrykSYW5SJYssrkFNFpdRgIrLjmNdzoSA-TVjAABApqSQqVwz+Dip04alYhpMQGdDe8AAYTJIHHBgPOBAxoFAgDCApAeUaE-w

usual opening:
Shiro—>PT|Legend swap to Mallyx—>trigger sword 4 immob, hit sword 5. as soon as they are pulled hit your elite for a daze, bleed, poison, torment, burning (krait rune). by than the enemy has a few boons, so your AA triggers confusion and boon removal. hehe.

So if they havent melted by than due to all the condi, pressure with Fridge blitz, temporal rift and mace AA. Dont forget to the daze from salvation is on a 10 second timer, so you can cause alot of pressure with all that. And what they wont expect is your heal to cause an aoe blind.

Between S/S and M/A you should have no trouble keeping ontop of your enemy with this build. It does take practice however to get rotations down. But remember to be aggressive. Most do not expect a condition rev to be aggressive.

Good luck and have fun.

Out of curiosity why not M/S ans S/A? And what do you do when you get stuned in Malyx stance?

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

I’ve been running this (hybrid build) for 2 weeks now with great success:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAse5nnfN2gSuJvQRHlboskyPU4S5IKor8EllTlxe93nPNgEWQNjOKB-TVDFQBqTPQDOIAuTzAJVCSgTAAAeAAsb/BHqMINaIsn6PQRpxuUixgjAw5gDg1qWzaWg1Wbt1GQtSB81wK-w

My goal was to create a real hybrid build that would deal ample dmg on the sword as well as the obviously deadly condi burst from mace/axe.
This is a variation of the old condi pvp meta with Shiro dropped for Glint as I find it doesn’t synergize well with this build anymore, Glint/Mallyx is just so much better with amazing sustain from infused light and all the boons work really well with the boon duration from the durability runes and my choice of food.
I find mobility to still be great with perma swiftness and I can still chase people or escape (although not as well as Shiro) with unyielding anguish followed by frigid blitz.
With all the condi spam going on in WvW/PvP Mallyx is just amazing, I can easily get 6 seconds of resistance from pain absorption, overall surviveability is really good with extra vitality and toughness from the carrion and dire+rabid accessories.
With condi duration at almost 40% and torment at 70% you can imagine how deadly you are on mace/axe/Mallyx.

I usually start fights in glint/sword drop elemental blast around the enemy (or myself defensively) and follow with the usual sword 2/3 and depending on how they react I will either play defensively with shield 4/5 until they blow all their burst or try to chain CC them with elite facet followed by axe 5 into mace 2+3 (amazing condi burst) and switch to Mallyx and corrupt all their boons xD
The thing is once you do decent damage on sword (2k base power + easily 10-11 might when facet is on) people don’t expect that condi burst.

This build is extremely effective 2v1 I have some outnumbered footage I recorded I can upload it if there is demand

I highly recommend giving this build a try, it’s nuts.

NOTES:

• Viper back item: any legend (Ascension or ad infinitum)
  • Carrion accessories: citadel of flame and sorrow’s embrace dungeon collections
  • Viper amulet: either mordrem loop (hot story achievements) or bought with mag shards from the PVE raid
  • I would sometimes run Invocation depending on the mood, invocation works great as well giving you extra stun break and condi cleanse as well as additional 20% crit from rolling mists and burst damage from equilibrium, retribution still is the safer choice with taunt and stab (counter to burst from stealth or CC chain) as well as passive prot and dwarf damage reduction.
Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

(edited by PadreNike.1803)

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I had something like this in mind. It’s far from some meta, but seems fun enough. Basically you’re tank. Stay in Mallyx and if things go south switch to Jalis and spam that elite.
I know Glint is pretty much mandatory nowadays, but I guess if you go condi rev might as well stay in Mallyx stance and have Jalis as backup instead of Glint, since Jalis offers more on the defensive side.
Salvation line… well, wasn’t really sure what to take as 3rd one and took Salvation for those unexpected blinds and daze on elite use. Devastation and Invocation don’t really offer anything to condi build, Herald is option if you take Glint as 2nd legend.
Balthazar runes make this burn oriented, but I guess any condi runes can work out.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJApnnfNWNSuJrJRHl/kskygS4S5QJorcrkFUlY9tuX9qbMN4IB-T1hMABheCA8W9Hn1DIjyPQfAAipEEg9HIEgi1A-w

This is quite similar to what I was hoping to do in wvw for condi if I ever got my act together (I wish I could play more), except I was planning on Corruption, Retribution and Herald, losing the daze on elite in exchange for herald goodness like extra stab on dodge, bit of group might gen and bonus toughness while embracing darkness.
My main problem is I don’t know if lack of a ranged weapon will seriously mess me up in wvw or not. And the slowness. (Been more thinking of small group roaming rather than solo roaming so maybe the slowness might not be too much of an issue?)

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAse5nnfN2gSuJvQRHlboskyPU4S5IKor8EllTlxe93nPNgEWQNjOKB-TVDFQBqTPQDOIAuTzAJVCSgTAAAeAAsb/BHqMINaIsn6PQRpxuUixgjAw5gDg1qWzaWg1Wbt1GQtSB81wK-w

My goal was to create a real hybrid build that would deal ample dmg on the sword as well as the obviously deadly condi burst from mace/axe.
This is a variation of the old condi pvp meta with Shiro dropped for Glint as I find it doesn’t synergize well with this build anymore, Glint/Mallyx is just so much better with amazing sustain from infused light and all the boons work really well with the boon duration from the durability runes and my choice of food.
I find mobility to still be great with perma swiftness and I can still chase people or escape (although not as well as Shiro) with unyielding anguish followed by frigid blitz.
With all the condi spam going on in WvW/PvP Mallyx is just amazing, I can easily get 6 seconds of resistance from pain absorption, overall surviveability is really good with extra vitality and toughness from the carrion and dire+rabid accessories.
With condi duration at almost 40% and torment at 70% you can imagine how deadly you are on mace/axe/Mallyx.

I usually start fights in glint/sword drop elemental blast around the enemy (or myself defensively) and follow with the usual sword 2/3 and depending on how they react I will either play defensively with shield 4/5 until they blow all their burst or try to chain CC them with elite facet followed by axe 5 into mace 2+3 (amazing condi burst) and switch to Mallyx and corrupt all their boons xD
The thing is once you do decent damage on sword (2k base power + easily 10-11 might when facet is on) people don’t expect that condi burst.

This build is extremely effective 2v1 I have some outnumbered footage I recorded I can upload it if there is demand

NOTES:

• Carrion accessories: citadel of flame and sorrow’s embrace dungeon collections
  • Viper amulet: either mordrem loop (hot story achievements) or bought with mag shards from the PVE raid
  • I would sometimes run Invocation depending on the mood, invocation works great as well giving you extra stun break and condi cleanse as well as additional 20% crit from rolling mists and burst damage from equilibrium, retribution still is the safer choice with taunt and stab (counter to burst from stealth or CC chain) as well as passive prot and dwarf damage reduction.

Please upload your video. I actually subbed you a while back and would love to see this hybrid in action.

Thanks

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

NOTES:

Please upload your video. I actually subbed you a while back and would love to see this hybrid in action.

Thanks

Uploaded by popular demand xD:
https://youtu.be/fyN5kXchlyk

So the story behind this video is these 2 knuckleheads kept coming back to try and take the camp from me and died each time, on the 3rd or 4th time I decided to record it and got some nice action afterwards as well from war+thief.
I am by no means claiming I am god… I still sometimes random dodge or spam my skills willy nilly, plus these 2 were pretty bad but you can still see the build strength, very sustainable yet deals massive damage both power & condi.

I have some more recorded footage but since I’m on T1 it’s really hard to get uninterrupted action without someone joining you and as for 1v1s I really don’t find it a challenge on this build, you have much more room for error than pure Zerk Rev so I don’t really bother recording them.

And btw, thanks, I didn’t even know I have subscribers, I made the channel mostly for self documentation and entertainment :-)

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Uploaded by popular demand xD:
https://youtu.be/fyN5kXchlyk

So the story behind this video is these 2 knuckleheads kept coming back to try and take the camp from me and died each time, on the 3rd or 4th time I decided to record it and got some nice action afterwards as well from war+thief.
I am by no means claiming I am god… I still sometimes random dodge or spam my skills willy nilly, plus these 2 were pretty bad but you can still see the build strength, very sustainable yet deals massive damage both power & condi.

I have some more recorded footage but since I’m on T1 it’s really hard to get uninterrupted action without someone joining you and as for 1v1s I really don’t find it a challenge on this build, you have much more room for error than pure Zerk Rev so I don’t really bother recording them.

And btw, thanks, I didn’t even know I have subscribers, I made the channel mostly for self documentation and entertainment :-)

Thanks! i’ll take a look later. I liked playing shiro/mallyux condi rev in the past but have not tried glint/mallyx in wvw. Makes sense though since shiro/mallyx is slow for movement.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Condi Rev WvW?

in Revenant

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Makes sense though since shiro/mallyx is slow for movement.

lolwut? shiro/mallyx is extremely mobile: PT, UA, axe #4.

downed state is bad for PVP