Condi buffs.

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: tuvok.7806

tuvok.7806

Unfortunately, he’s real and in denial.
Minor Adept – Function Gyro “You gain access to the function gyro, which can be used to finish a foe or revive an ally at range.”
Half of the ahem function of this gyro is to finish a foe. I highly doubt they built half of this skill to finish the downed NPC at the bottom of AB meta.

Minor Master – Decisive Renown “When you successfully revive an ally or finish an enemy, you grant boons to nearby allies.”
Same as my point above.

Minor Grandmaster – Impact Savant “The duration of your outgoing stuns and dazes are [sic] increased, and the duration of stuns and dazes applied to you are [sic] decreased.”
Increase CC for is useful for breakbars…. I guess…

The whole Elite spec is designed for sustain(protection, toughness, regen) and anti-cc(Stability) which is extremely valuable in PvP/WvW. Not so much in PvE.

Congrats, you took your anti-PvP agenda and derailed an otherwise good thread.

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I think people are confused, gw1 and 2 have always tried to find a good balance of pve and pvp game, gw1 was more of a pvp game then gw2 in my opinion because of the crazy amount of builds.

I do think gw2 did focus more on pve then pvp and more so then gw1 though.

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Its Nerfing Time.1495

Its Nerfing Time.1495

snip

Whether or not something has a build on meta battle is irrelevant, it DOES have a use for PVE. It has a range longer than the Scepter and can be great for spike damage, projectile absorbtion, field combos. The DH spec was designed for PVE, transfers well over into PVP. Stop taking other peoples works as law and actually do some yourself.

I asked you previously, can you get a Legendary weapon from PVP itself? The answer is still no. Unless you can 100% get a weapon from PVP the answer is always no. Buying it outright with gold makes you no different than those who outright buy via gems to gold.

WVW IS PVP. The game has PVP and PVE, the focus is PVE. This is a PVE game that has PVP.

Renegade will be a PVE spec with a ranged Condi weapon which the Rev has needed since it was first released, thus addressing an issue (though why it takes a new elite to address such an obvious oversight I’ll never know). Will that transfer well into PVP? Probably. Does not mean it was designed for PVP.

Condi Rev in PVE is a good class to run, your opinion on it is irrelevant.

snip

WVW has been a bad idea from the start, trying tomeld PVE and PVP. They tried that back in GW1 and it was a failed idea then (making it so you couldn’t access UW or FoW unless your realm/server/etc was winning at PVP). When you take a stroll through the forums and read various topics regarding WVW, and how over-excited they get at even the slightest bit of attention, sort of shows you how bad it is.

Do I really need to get into how dumb meta groups or spreadsheet warriors are for raiding? Pretty sure the Scrapper is raid viable easily, people just don’t want it because their spreadsheet tells them it’s “bad”.

You’d be surprised as to what Anet would be fine with for a ridiculous amount of time (such as underwater combat, or the fact only two Rev legends work underwater, or the lack of a second underwater weapon).

snip

Yes, hilarious how easy it is to put down trolls in the Rev forum who love nothing more than to claim Rev is crap without doing testing themselves.

snip

What doesn’t make sense? Defending the Rev from people who don’t either play the class, or hate it because of PVP reasons, or think it’s crap because their spreadsheet tells them so?

snip

No, the thread got derailed because some people just literally cannot handle anyone defending the Rev in any way whatsoever, or crapping all over their precious spreadsheets.
PVP will always be irrelevant in a PVE game, especially when it comes to discussing said classes in a PVE setting.
The only ones in denial are those who look only at spreadsheets and not the game when deciding if they think a class is viable, you should learn the difference.

Gyro finishing enemies at range…..hmmmm…..now where do we see enemies that we need to use finishers on in PVE….oh right, those toxic sylvari maybe? orrrrr maybe it’s just a side bonus with the real focus being ally reviving? Does not prove it’s aimed at PVP, it just transfers well.

Guardian has “transfer boons + gain boons when reviving ally”. Your point?

Impact Savant is great for breakbars, I have a Scrapper build that uses that along with Daze runes.

The elite spec is designed to change the Engineer from a ranged Power/Condi build with either grenades or bombs to an upfront in your face Hammer build. It can be pretty tank with Marauders gear and combined with all the blocks it has, very very good for soloing.

Does it transfer well to PVP? Yes from what I read of more than one topic claiming it was “too OP”. Transferring well to PVP does not = designed for PVP.

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Game mode is a social construct!
Don’t just assume some game’s mode.

Fishsticks

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: tuvok.7806

tuvok.7806

Toxic Sylvari? You mean these guys?: Please tell me you’re joking. I’m talking about a HoT elite skill that is, AFAIK, is only useful in 1 scenario in the entire HoT xpac. Not lvl 11-28 maps.

I’m aware of the powerful rezzing ability of the function gyro which, in PvE, is outclassed by ever minor rez trait in the game due to it’s 20 sec cooldown. Meanwhile every rez trait gives a flat % rez speed increase all the time. Interestingly enough, function gyro’s rez is very powerful in PvP/WvW allowing you to double rez or rez/cleave in clutch situations. Hmmmmm…..

You use Mesmer runes on scrapper?! Okay, I’m convinced you’re a troll. What are you doing? Leaping in every 12 secs for that LEET breakbar dmg? Haha, for a second, I almost took you seriously. Good1

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Set.7461

Set.7461

Did he just argue the stomping portion of function gyro was made for those dumb sylvari NPCs? Like… really?

I play and enjoy all 3 game modes. Instead of talking about revenant, this turned into PVE prosetylizing.

Back on topic. Revenant is in a better spot, that’s for sure but pretending they were good and everyone just needs to L2P reeks of ego. Are you Rarnark? Ohh wait, you’re just a PVE queen with your mesmer runes scrapper. That might have been a good build when gyros had daze on destruction but that was removed many patches ago.

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Slade.2341

Slade.2341

Ok the change for rev is ok,but it need more condi clear.Give something a light feld or something .I hate how we are forced to be in condi kitten for the last year.I and many player dont think it is bad but rev needs more clear and the new sigi’s need to be in all the game.Anet some this crazzy condi kitten!give All classes more clear so condi users have to learn to play not us 1 and math……

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

Because, really, I’d rather just hop on my condiranger or ele and instantly get into a decent group AND START PLAYING, then I would trolling LFG for hours hoping someone will let me play my Rev (only to find out they let me play Rev because they don’t know what their doing or it’s a training run anyways.)

Same. While Condi Rev is “viable” and doable and I do love playing him I will wait until its more accepted and in the meantime keep getting raids on my cPS. I do have a static group and I can run my Rev with them on our “training newbies” day, so all good.

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

No nor would I like to be. The spreadsheet warriors are those taking somebody elses work (QT for example) and stating “this is the only way to play, nothing else is viable”. The only ones crying are those whose precious spreadsheets are ignored when they’re told it doesn’t matter.
I’ve argued that Rev is fine in ALL content, which it is. It’s viable in ALL content, which it is. The only people arguing against it are those who hate the Rev being viable and believe because it’s not on a spreadsheet, or low down on a spreadsheet, that it’s not viable.

Okay, yes, Rev is viable in the fact that you can use a Rev and clear any group content in the game. You can use anything and slug your way through most of the raid encounters. I mean, people easily five man a lot of the bosses…

BUT THE THING IS

Rev is not viable for raiding in the sense that if you show up in the Aerodome and hit LFG, that any even quasi-competent group will want to bring you with as a dps role. You talk about spreadsheet warriors with such negativity, but the people you consider to be spreadsheet warriors comprise about 99% of the raiding community. And calling them out on it won’t change anything. And while you can certainly mock their “This is the only way to play, nothing else is viable” mentality, they have made it true by standing by it and being the majority.

Because, really, I’d rather just hop on my condiranger or ele and instantly get into a decent group AND START PLAYING, then I would trolling LFG for hours hoping someone will let me play my Rev (only to find out they let me play Rev because they don’t know what their doing or it’s a training run anyways.)

A rev still brings unique things then dps even condi.

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

To quote a fair few people: wat?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

yea, you keep saying it and I keep waiting for you to actually say what it is they bring, that others don’t, better (or at least close to the same).
I would love nothing more for condi Rev to have that extra little something that makes it ok for me to swap out my cPS for him, but it just isn’t happening…yet. I have faith though!

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Ryou.2398

yea, you keep saying it and I keep waiting for you to actually say what it is they bring, that others don’t, better (or at least close to the same).
I would love nothing more for condi Rev to have that extra little something that makes it ok for me to swap out my cPS for him, but it just isn’t happening…yet. I have faith though!

Plenty of already stated this your just trying to prove it wrong because you really do not want to believe it, it is your choice I do not need any validation from you.

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Aside from the Ferocity Aura, literally the ONLY UNIQUE thing a Revenant brings to a group is Resistance… And while it may be tempting on fights like Sloth or Matt, it’s ineffective and ultimately unnecessary, since those conditions still need to be cleansed.

You could argue that using Pain Absorpton/Pulsating Pestilence in tandem is good for Matthias’s rain phase (would not work well for sloth as your druid would still need to cleanse spam you, which defeats the entire purpose of it), but really, if that’s the strategy you’re going to use, you might as well bring a necro, because they do more dps and won’t need to be cleansed afterwards (transfer vs copy).

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about Natural Resonance, which after it’s nerf became so forgettable that I actually forgot about it. But once again, redundant and useless… Nobody out there is going to be gearing themselves specifically around having NR because then they’d have to always have a rev in their sub to be effective, and nobody in the raid scene is going to handicap themselves like that.

(edited by narcx.3570)

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The arguments that a class needs to have ‘unique’ and ‘top end’ things to bring to team content, otherwise it’s a crap class, are nonsense to begin with. I will leave it to y’all to think about why that’s true. You absolutely do not need something unique to be useful in team content and you absolutely don’t need to have one thing that the class is the best at to be useful either.

I almost seems like everytime anyone uses these arguments, they have never teamed with good players that know how their class works to be successful in raids … maybe you all team scrubs that barely get by because they play meta .. poorly.

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

narcx.3570

I almost seems like everytime anyone uses these arguments, they have never teamed with good players that know how their class works to be successful in raids … maybe you all team scrubs that barely get by because they play meta .. poorly.

Speaking from a PUG standpoint, It’s pretty near impossible to team with ANYONE unless you’re playing the meta…

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

Sure, but that’s not based on what is true. From a PUG standpoint, I have no more faith in anyone’s ability to play the game just because they are outfitted with meta vs. not. Teaming players just because they setup for meta is just as arbitrary a condition on success as the colour they dye their armor.

That still doesn’t change the fact that not being unique or the ‘top’ class in something makes the class useless in teams.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

narcx.3570

Yeah, it doesn’t make them useless ON teams, but it makes them pretty useless for GETTING on teams. I mean, go ahead and spam LFG as “Rev LF (anything except Deimos and Trio)” and see how many groups you get into…

[Ren] even posted a video of a 10 rev Deimos kill earlier, but that won’t do one iota of good for the rev’s reputation in raids since they still do sub-par dps and sub par support. And while you can certainly sit there and say, “Oh, anyone who adheres to the meta is a scrub that needs to be carried by their OP classes,” the sad reality is, you HAVE to adhere to the meta if you want to be able to join raid groups. That’s just the community that we belong to. In fact, it’s almost to the point now where you need to be a multi-class if you want any hope of joining decent groups…

Condi buffs.

in Revenant

Obtena.7952

You belong to the community you make.