Condi duration working against you?

in Revenant

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I’m asking about legendary Demon stance, here.

Embrace the Darkness (legendary demon stance elite) Applies and reapplies torment to the player every 4 seconds, but applies resistance only once… which doesnt even last long enough to mitigate the first application of torment.

Unyielding anguish…. (in pve) it doesn’t apply the resistance until midway through the skill’s activation…. and again… doesn’t last long enough to outweigh the negative conditions applied to the player. The skill doesn’t even apply resistance at all in pvp…. which may or may not be a bug.

I’m starting to think….. do our traits/runes/sigils effect the conditions we apply to ourselves?

Is boosting your condition duration on revenant essentially destroying its functionality by making your self-applied conditions last longer than your applied resistance…. therefore doing more harm than good?

If so…. this is a disaster.

in Revenant

Posted by: Falchoin.6152

Falchoin.6152

Yes, all that duration does apply to the self conditions too. Which would be a good thing, if we could actually get any reasonable uptime on the resistance boon. As it is now, even traited for resistance on demon skill use, resistance is just too difficult to maintain and demon stance just falls flat.

in Revenant

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I’m starting to think….. do our traits/runes/sigils effect the conditions we apply to ourselves?

Is boosting your condition duration on revenant essentially destroying its functionality by making your self-applied conditions last longer than your applied resistance…. therefore doing more harm than good?

Welcome to necromancer hell.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Revenant

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well now you know what necros have had to deal with for 3 years… get used to it.

in Revenant

TheBlackLeech.9360

Well now you know what necros have had to deal with for 3 years… get used to it.

My necromancer is one of my favorite toons…. and it is and always has been 100% playable because it is nowhere near as broken as a class whose claim to fame is a failed execution of manipulating conditions.

In the case of Necromancers, a couple stacks of bleed, vulnerability, or poison applied to yourself for a powerful offensive output is a more than acceptable tradeoff. Even worst case scenario…. you are running plague signet and are pulling condis off of allies…. the condi pulling only has an uptime while the signet is not on cooldown, and if the signet is not on cooldown and you have too many condis, just use the signet to get rid of them.

On revenant… using your elite skill only to have it deal more damage to you than it does to the enemy is broken.

On revenant… using a skill that transfers conditions from allies onto yourself in exchange for a resistance buff that doesn’t even work is a ticket for the fast track into downed state.

in Revenant

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

My necromancer is one of my favorite toons…. and it is and always has been 100% playable because it is nowhere near as broken as a class whose claim to fame is a failed execution of manipulating conditions.

In the case of Necromancers, a couple stacks of bleed, vulnerability, or poison applied to yourself for a powerful offensive output is a more than acceptable tradeoff. Even worst case scenario…. you are running plague signet and are pulling condis off of allies…. the condi pulling only has an uptime while the signet is not on cooldown, and if the signet is not on cooldown and you have too many condis, just use the signet to get rid of them.

On revenant… using your elite skill only to have it deal more damage to you than it does to the enemy is broken.

On revenant… using a skill that transfers conditions from allies onto yourself in exchange for a resistance buff that doesn’t even work is a ticket for the fast track into downed state.

You lost me at “powerful offensive output”.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Haha this is gold the irony is killing me. It may be too soon but 3 more years to go.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Revenant

TheBlackLeech.9360

You lost me at “powerful offensive output”.

hopefully this finds you

in Revenant

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

A “master” of corruption necro can kill himself in 30 seconds, while cutting his damage output in half and increasing the damage he takes.

It is very powerful… in favor of the enemy.

What does he gain by this crippling blow against him? 4 corrupted boons which will be immediately reapplied, 8 stacks of might that last almost as long as the skill cast time, and a “heal” that blinds you. Yep i’m really feeling the power lol.

Of course other classes can:

apply 25 stacks of might with 100% uptime… penalty… none.
heal themselves…. penalty…. none
use their significantly more powerful elite skills… penalty… none…

your attempt to defend necro is laughable at best, and rev is even worse off than necro if that was even possible.

in Revenant

TheBlackLeech.9360

A “master” of corruption necro can kill himself in 30 seconds, while cutting his damage output in half and increasing the damage he takes.

It is very powerful… in favor of the enemy.

What does he gain by this crippling blow against him? 4 corrupted boons which will be immediately reapplied, 8 stacks of might that last almost as long as the skill cast time, and a “heal” that blinds you. Yep i’m really feeling the power lol.

Of course other classes can:

apply 25 stacks of might with 100% uptime… penalty… none.
heal themselves…. penalty…. none
use their significantly more powerful elite skills… penalty… none…

your attempt to defend necro is laughable at best, and rev is even worse off than necro if that was even possible.

How can you even try use this to justify your qq about necromancers?

You don’t need to bring that trait if you don’t find it useful or don’t know how to use it properly.

Why would you take the trait to begin with it it didn’t benefit you in some way?
You wouldn’t.

Imagine if every single necromancer was forced to run that trait whether he wanted to or not…. and reaped none of the positive effects.
That is the situation revenant is in.

Revenant’s entire legendary demon stance revloves around what your one necromancer spec, (again that actually does have some positive aspects…. and again you don’t have to have if you don’t want to), brings to the table.

One of your utilities is essentially locked as screwed up version of plague signet (without the ability to ditch your conditions) that will kill you almost instantly if your allies have even a small handful of conditions on them. …for no benefit.

…and your elite skill does nothing except make you take damage unless you are loaded with conditions…. and if you are loaded with condis you are already screwed.

There is nothing in your argument that has proven that necromancers have it worse than revenant…. because they simply don’t.

Trying to argue otherwise is silly.

Did you even get to participate in the beta?

Something makes me doubt you even played as revenant today.

Being able to extend your self-applied conditions beyond the duration of your resistance is something that needs to be addressed if anyone is ever going to use the legendary demon stance, period.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

in Revenant

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

In the case of Necromancers, a couple stacks of bleed, vulnerability, or poison applied to yourself for a powerful offensive output is a more than acceptable tradeoff.

If you do play necro that much it’s clearly a power build; otherwise you would have known the answer to your original question. Corruptions don’t hurt as much on a power build but the other poster is correct: running condi gear + corruptions has been near suicidal since the 6/23 patch.

I’m very disappointed to see more of the same with the revenant.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Revenant

TheBlackLeech.9360

In the case of Necromancers, a couple stacks of bleed, vulnerability, or poison applied to yourself for a powerful offensive output is a more than acceptable tradeoff.

If you do play necro that much it’s clearly a power build; otherwise you would have known the answer to your original question. Corruptions don’t hurt as much on a power build but the other poster is correct: running condi gear + corruptions has been near suicidal since the 6/23 patch.

I’m very disappointed to see more of the same with the revenant.

yep power necro for life.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

I’m guessing it could be a good investment to stack boon duration for higher resistance uptime.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

(edited by Malchior.1928)