Condi rev needs to be toned down in pvp

in Revenant

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

The viper condi mallyx revenant is way too easy to play and way too effective. The amount of conditions you can do with condi rev is insane. Area pulsing torment + elite pulsing torment with mace and axe doing more torment and 4 stacks of burning on 3s cooldown + conditions going through blocks and evades + applying full party resistance.

No wonder top teams are using condi revenant and oRNG uses 2 of them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

1. You can’t do all of that at the same time because energy exists.
2. You have to stand in the AoEs.
3. It mostly just spams Torment.
4. Has no stun break.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Dev1 “Okay you see how good torment revenant is? And people are calling for Mallyx buffs lol!”

Dev2: “nerf it!”

In a nutshell this is what is going to happen. I admit i’m mostly tired of trying to have faith in arena. HOT was rushed, revenant class still beta… I’m afraid we are going to be dependant on Glint stance for almost one year. I don’t know if i’m going to have the patience. I really don’t. Maybe it’s the time to play and like another profession. What seduce me in the class was the possibility of versatility with different legends most the ritualist vibe of the class. Actually the versatility is just a myth, staying in Glint legend almost 90% of the time. I’m becomming tired.

in Revenant

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I said it in a thread a long time ago.

Condi Revenant is going to have the same problems as condi Mesmer because it’s mostly torment and confusion based.

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

All of that sounds nice and OP if said that way, but in reality the condi pressure from Revenant is minimal. The 3s cooldown burn you mention takes energy (not to mention you have to stand in the pulsing), so if you used it on cooldown then you couldn’t do the other things you mentioned all that much. As to all the torment, that’s well and good, but the stack can be cleansed very easily since Mallyx is pretty much a one trick pony.

Condi Engi, Elementalist, Mesmer, and even Necro all out perform the condition specced Revenant.

Power is in a decent place and support is darn close to a good place. However condi certainly isn’t since the last minute gutting of Mallyx elite in BWE3.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

There is a reason why oRNG uses 2 condi revenants and almost everyone in top pro league uses them. The burning skill takes 5 energy which is about 1 sec.

(edited by The Ace.9105)

in Revenant

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

There is a reason why oRNG uses 2 condi revenants and almost everyone in top pro league uses them.

Seriously, the level of denial around here is crazy. How much more evidence do you need that nearly every team having one and some teams having two?

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

There is a reason why oRNG uses 2 condi revenants and almost everyone in top pro league uses them.

Seriously, the level of denial around here is crazy. How much more evidence do you need that nearly every team having one and some teams having two?

It’s not denial. Fact is that it has a lot of weaknesses and shortcomings.

A lot of teams used it? Okay, cool.
One team used 2? Sweet.

When it turns into another D/D Ele scenario where pretty much all teams run 2 or a team wins with like 4 of them, then we can complain.

Why do we want Mallyx changes? It’s just a Torment-bot now instead of being as awesome as it was in BWE. There’s far less strategy involved.

in Revenant

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

How much more evidence do you need that nearly every team having one and some teams having two?

I think it’s because people don’t understand them well enough to know how they’re countered yet.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s easy to shut down. You just won’t do that rolling 2 bunker druids and 2 bunker tempests + sending Power Rev against it which has extremaly bad matchup with anything Mallyx.
Condition Revenant can’t do anything against old non-Reaper Cele Necromancer due to Path of Corruption for example. It just dies.

Torment is strong, but while you apply it, you’re vulnerable at the same time. And Condition Revenant takes much more skill than Power Revenant.

If anything, I say it again – look at Rune of Durability. There lies the problem.

As for design itself – I still hope for overhaul, because while this Legend might output a lot of AoE Torment, it lacks depth compared to BWE2 version.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Revenant

Israel.7056

The old stun lock warrior build could be really annoying too.

in Revenant

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

4. Has no stun break.

When you consume Facet of Darkness you get a stun break. See wiki for Gaze of Darkness.

Also, Invocation, Minor Grandmaster trait — Invoking a Legend breaks stun.

What I found more disconcerting was lack of skill(s)/trait(s) for movement increase. Only exception is Facet of the Elements which gives you swiftness (33%) for an upkeep cost of 1 energy.

in Revenant

Malchior.5732

4. Has no stun break.

When you consume Facet of Darkness you get a stun break. See wiki for Gaze of Darkness.

Also, Invocation, Minor Grandmaster trait — Invoking a Legend breaks stun.

What I found more disconcerting was lack of skill(s)/trait(s) for movement increase. Only exception is Facet of the Elements which gives you swiftness (33%) for an upkeep cost of 1 energy.

None of these are in Mallyx.

in Revenant

Israel.7056

I don’t think many condi revs are going to be running invocation over retribution.

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Whats need to be toned down in case of condi rev? Cus i literally laugh at them while running 0 cleanse outside of legend swap. They have some torment and that is. Try to fight ele or any decent thief and tell me how it went. Its just a torment bot in current state.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

EU is condi hybrid damage rev meta, NA is marauder dps rev meta
and condi viper rev is indeed stronk specially against tempest which are all over the place

(edited by lighter.2708)

in Revenant

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Can someone link the build that people are talking about? Thanks

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

in Revenant

Rym.1469

in Revenant

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

^Isn’t that the Herald one though? I thought it was some other build with Shiro/Mallyx that got used during the ESL.

Edit: Never mind, it’s not actually a >Herald< build even though the description says the opposite.

Edit #2: Never mind, I was associating Herald with Glint stance.

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

(edited by No Pulse.2967)

in Revenant

Rym.1469

Pretty much every single PvP build uses Herald traitline and Shield as they’re incredibly vital, even if not Glint Legend herself.

Depends on your role and playstyle. You can be tough teamfight brusier with Celestial’s Mallyx or rather mobile assasin-like condition build with Viper’s.

in Revenant

Posted by: ShadowCatz.8437

ShadowCatz.8437

Can two on swap sigil trigger at the same time like that Doom/Geomancy set?

In that build for Condition Mallyx there are on swap sigil on every weapon. Will it really work?

What about when one use the same sigil on each weapon set like in Celestial Mallyx? I thought Sigil of Energy would be sharing an internal cool down of 9 sec. and therefore would not be possible to trigger twice as often in the way Celestial Mallyx is expecting to make use of that sigil.

There is also some strange combination of Corruption lines Resistance (to get more damage pr condition) and at the same make use of condition cleanse on legend swap from Invocation (it is suggested as a variant to Retribution in Celestial).

(edited by ShadowCatz.8437)

in Revenant

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

The viper condi mallyx revenant is way too easy to play and way too effective. The amount of conditions you can do with condi rev is insane. Area pulsing torment + elite pulsing torment with mace and axe doing more torment and 4 stacks of burning on 3s cooldown + conditions going through blocks and evades + applying full party resistance.

No wonder top teams are using condi revenant and oRNG uses 2 of them.

I bet you that your condi build is useless against mine and that you are full of …. you sure rev have so much condi? Lol please show us a video before you make up some funny comments. Btw is this op using sarcasm or serious?

in Revenant

Rym.1469

Can two on swap sigil trigger at the same time like that Doom/Geomancy set?

In that build for Condition Mallyx there are on swap sigil on every weapon. Will it really work?

What about when one use the same sigil on each weapon set like in Celestial Mallyx? I thought Sigil of Energy would be sharing an internal cool down of 9 sec. and therefore would not be possible to trigger twice as often in the way Celestial Mallyx is expecting to make use of that sigil.

There is also some strange combination of Corruption lines Resistance (to get more damage pr condition) and at the same make use of condition cleanse on legend swap from Invocation (it is suggested as a variant to Retribution in Celestial).

I’m currently using Doom/Geo on S/Sh and Geo+Energy with Aristocracy runes in Celestial Mallyx since everyone runs with perma protection. You don’t always swap on cooldown. Mind you, both weapon swap and legend swap procs Geomancy and Energy.

I haven’t really updated my Cele build on that site for a long time, so some things may be little outdated. As for Invocation cleanse, there are so many conditions with Reapers around that 1 less doesn’t make a difference.