Condi rev

Condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i was very hesitant to try this playstyle because it has a very exploitable weakness, and that would be range.
is there any way to get around this?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

i was very hesitant to try this playstyle because it has a very exploitable weakness, and that would be range.

If you’re not using Glint as a secondary stance, Shiro’s Phase Travel, OH Axe 4, and Mallyx’s leap are your options for closing distance for the most part.

Condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

If you’re running Glint, Off Hand Axe is required most of the time, I couldn’t really catch up to someone running away from me with ports with just Mallyx Leap, since the energy cost is hefty per use. If you run Shiro though you should keep up just fine, though you’re more vulnerable to getting bursted if you aren’t too careful since no Glint Heal.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If you mean attacking from range, outside of Hammer, there’s no real way as far as I know. If you mean catching up to targets, short of spamming Mallyx’s AoE to jump closer, there’s no real gap closer as far as I can tell.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

chill chill chill is your best friend in this scenarios

Condi rev

in Revenant

Lightsbane.9012

thanks for the replies, sadly none of them really give me much hope lol
really just adds to the fact that the Revenant is an unfinished class..

Condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Play with an elementalist and share his ice bow/fire axe or stop roaming with Revenant and zerg.

Condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

…Or maybe it just adds to the fact you can’t have everything with every spec?

Condi rev has better mobility than condi necro did previously, but people still roamed on that.

If you want to take glint instead of shiro of course you’re going to have mobility issues. But you have to be realistic with your expectations when roaming. If I’m using hybrid/condi rev I know I’m not about to be able to chase down a thief or warrior if they don’t want to fight. But you’re also a basically unkillable boon/condi machine in fights.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

Condi rev

in Revenant

Lightsbane.9012

…Or maybe it just adds to the fact you can’t have everything with every spec?

Condi rev has better mobility than condi necro did previously, but people still roamed on that.

If you want to take glint instead of shiro of course you’re going to have mobility issues. But you have to be realistic with your expectations when roaming. If I’m using hybrid/condi rev I know I’m not about to be able to chase down a thief or warrior if they don’t want to fight. But you’re also a basically unkillable boon/condi machine in fights.

power can have everything with its kit.
core condi necro also has two ranged options.

Condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Another thing you could do is go mace/shield and dual wield swords. I also run Glint/Malyx in a support themed build. Basicaly I would use Malyx to spread resistance to allies when getting condi bombed,then heal to eat all the condis on me and I would swap back to Glint for dps.

I only playtested the build in sPvP as I have not unlocked Herald spec for PvE and WvW but based on my initial playtests Condi Revenant can be a good bunker spec provided you spam banish enchantment. The only way that I know of to get around condi rev’s weakness for roaming is to have an elementalist partener to provide you with his ice bow.

Condi rev

in Revenant

Lightsbane.9012

Another thing you could do is go mace/shield and dual wield swords. I also run Glint/Malyx in a support themed build. Basicaly I would use Malyx to spread resistance to allies when getting condi bombed,then heal to eat all the condis on me and I would swap back to Glint for dps.

I only playtested the build in sPvP as I have not unlocked Herald spec for PvE and WvW but based on my initial playtests Condi Revenant can be a good bunker spec provided you spam banish enchantment. The only way that I know of to get around condi rev’s weakness for roaming is to have an elementalist partener to provide you with his ice bow.

i’ve been mostly zerging due to the fact that i know i’d have to rely on someone else’s range. it’s pretty fun being able to frontline and just melt people

Condi rev

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Ive been playing Glint/Mallyx with Staff Mace/Axe and have no problems keeping up with fleeing enemies.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "