Condi vs power revenant build

in Revenant

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Actually i love the revenant. I like diversity and change my builds.
But… There are really really big differences between power and condi build, in terms of viability.

First, concerning pvp
The power build has a lot more defense than power one. Mace compared to sword has no defense. Also the condi build has no real weapon switch option. You can switch to staff or sword/x but it’s more for defensive tool, the condi dps dissaper when you switch.
But power build has two decent switch with staff or hammer, without loosing dps!

Also the power build run shiro when the condi one run malyx (to improve condi preasure). Shiro gives another time a lot of defensive tools and high mobility when malyx has just condi management and boons removal (with high cost).
Condi weapon is also a close range weapon, why it doesn’t have gap closer like sword 3 Or shiro phase traversal? And all our condi zones are easily dodgeble.

I dont want a power build nerf because i love this build and find it balanced! Hard skill for high reward. But with the constant malyx nerf since the hot release and the condi weapon set, i wish a balance between power and condi build by helping condi one.

Anet why allowing dh, scrapper, chrono high cc capacity, and nerfing the first version of unyelding anguish? Why allowing the reaper corrupt and condi transfer and nerf the first version of embrace the darkness?
I hope that you will balance mace/x to sword/x to allow condi build to run also shiro! With sword you can just spam 1 to down ennemy to kill them. Try to do the same with mace and you will see.

2) concerning wvw
The power hammer is the reference. No chance to condi build, with no serious ranged option. Why taking condi build when hammer can spam 4-5k damage to 5guys with 1200 range?

3) pve and raid
I have tried to raid as condi viper, the raid lead just kicked me and tell me “it’s power build or nothing”. He was not wrong but it’s not normal. You have to work on torment pve/raid damage.

(edited by epouvante.7392)

in Revenant

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

Mace+Axe is main condi weapons and you still can apply torment via trait with autoatacks and Mallyx has now good condi copy ty to reworked trait. In spvp shiro\mallyx with viper is decent.
I run mallyx\glint in wvw and its so good)
And raid leader is right in Raid ur team need ur DPS so zerk is better then condi. Even ventari Rev in raid is better then condi)

in Revenant

Posted by: epouvante.7392

epouvante.7392

Mace+Axe is main condi weapons and you still can apply torment via trait with autoatacks and Mallyx has now good condi copy ty to reworked trait. In spvp shiro\mallyx with viper is decent.
And raid leader is right in Raid ur team need ur DPS so zerk is better then condi. Even ventari Rev in raid is better then condi)

I know that mace/axe is condi… I think you dont understand the topic, compare mace/axe to sword/ shield and you will see that the condi set have 0 defensive tool (sword3, shield 4 and5), and actually in pvp you need that.
Also condi doesnt have a condi switch with defensive tool.
In wvw is not the same, you have more condi armor with defensive stats. And you run in a bus…

in Revenant

Posted by: Kruczq.3087

Kruczq.3087

Lets hope that next elite spec gives us ranged condi weapon

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I know that mace/axe is condi… I think you dont understand the topic, compare mace/axe to sword/ shield and you will see that the condi set have 0 defensive tool (sword3, shield 4 and5), and actually in pvp you need that.
In wvw is not the same, you have more condi armor with defensive stats. And you run in a bus…

I don’t think it’s fair to compare mace/axe to sword/shield though. Axe is an offensive OH and shield is a defensive one, so it makes sense that X/shield would have more defense than X/Axe. Furthermore, shield is compatible with either a power or condi build, and so is axe. Axe #4 has good power scaling and no condi damage while axe #5 has good condi application.

I think to be more fair we should be comparing Mace/Shield to Sword/Shield. In this case, Sword/Shield does indeed still have more defense due to the evade on sword #3. But sword also has poor multi-target damage, while multi-target damage on mace is very good.

One could argue that Mace needs axe OH for the gap closer and can’t use shield… but I don’t think that’s a valid argument. Shiro has a gap closer and Shiro is fine in both power and condi builds (though not meta in condi build). Furthermore, I run a pure condi build which uses Mace/Sword (for defense) and Mace/Axe (for CC / mobility) rather than the Mace/Axe and Sword/Shield meta. This way mace gets both the defense from shield and the mobility from axe when needed.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: raven.9870

raven.9870

mallyx/glint with mace/axe sword/shield, wanderer and leadership(or whatever rune you prefer) it’s more usefull then classic power build from rev..at least in spvp... revenant suffer from condition unless use mallyx,and with a condi build you are capable to stay on poin 1v1 or mid fight with ease. also counter other revenant power build,and keep pressure on a team fight even better. sure is less powerful,if we compare to the pre nerf but it’s still capable to be a real pain in the kitten more then a power build

Victory at any cost

in Revenant

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

I play old variation of shiro\mallyx rev with m\a+s\sh with viper ledership its decent) in some matches i switch viper for wanderer and shiro for glint this build is good in 1v1 and in team figts bcs of boonrip and resistance)

in Revenant

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

mallyx/glint with mace/axe sword/shield, wanderer and leadership(or whatever rune you prefer) it’s more usefull then classic power build from rev..at least in spvp… revenant suffer from condition unless use mallyx,and with a condi build you are capable to stay on poin 1v1 or mid fight with ease. also counter other revenant power build,and keep pressure on a team fight even better. sure is less powerful,if we compare to the pre nerf but it’s still capable to be a real pain in the kitten more then a power build

+1 ive been playing Glint/Mallyx mace/Axe Sword/Shield in sPvP for some time now and its pretty good. In this current condi meta its much more balanced than power rev especially soloQ. Powe rev is better if you can duo with a Druid or Scrapper.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Revenant

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Kinda OT but we still haven’t gotten a ranged condi weapon for revs.
Until then you are going to be at a disadvantage due to lack of weapon choice other than mace and axe.

Shortbow/longbow would be the likely weapons. It could even be 900 range like guardian,mesmer, or necro scepter

Lets hope that next elite spec gives us ranged condi weapon

There’s no reason it would take another elite spec or expansion for this to be added. It is an oversight.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in Revenant

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

You’ve just got to learn how to think about it; Axe 5 is a group interrupt via pull, if you use it right you should pull 2 people in a node fight every time you use it. Axe 4 is a cheap, 900-range teleport with high damage and chill, so use it to escape heavy aoe. Easily done once you practice, Axe skills are an example of active defense. Shield 5 just makes you a sitting duck anyways, if you’re being focused it makes you more of a target and makes you vulnerable to unblockables. Think outside the box, Anet gave you the tools to stay alive and deal damage at the same time.

in Revenant

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

The thing is, Rev weapon cooldowns are so short you can mix up much more than people typically try.

For wvw, I’ve settled on Mace/Sword and Sword/Axe as my two weapon sets with Hammer swapped in once and a while for disorganized zerging. Mallyx/Glint for legends of course. I always run Invocation/Glint, when roaming I mix in Corruption, zerging Retribution for the stability on dodge.

With Mace/Sword, you have your condi-weapon with short CDs and sword-4 for defense on a 10sec CD.

With Sword/Axe you have evade frames on sword-3 and a weapon for chasing/mobility/control with axe.

Admittedly, I’m more of a hybrid than pure condi type build.