Craziest Idea i had for Rev...

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

….is exchangable weaponskills.

I know it sounds silly but when you think about it you will notice that Rev has basically two lines of weaponskills. Because weapon and legendskills are both irreplacable and locked to what you pick.

Now think about it what would happen if rev has for every weaponskill slot 2 options?

Like Sword with raw dmg skills and the option to mix and match them with a condition counterpart or Hammer has a Melee counterpart with Conditions and Staff a Ranged Condition Variant.

Each skill is swapable indipendently and has its own utility and effects including AA.

What do you think about this?

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

But then would Rev only need one weapon set ever? And how would animations work? If I have equipped a sword and slotted a hammer attack in AA, what would that look like?

It’s a cool idea, but I’m not sure how to make it work…

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

Well for it to work we would need fewer weapons than we already have and lose weapon swaping. I have toyed with this ideea and played a few games with Mace/Axe + Sw/Sw – obviously the OP beat me to it with this suggestion by posting it first,but here are my 2 cents on the toppic.

From an animation stand point for this ideea to work we would have to lose both hand swords as well as mace mh and axe oh in favor of dagger/dagger due to the fact that the animations of both swords, mace and axe can be recycled easiest within daggers (exception being precision strike from sword mh).

Unfortunetly dagger/dagger would be a poor fit for staff animations and arguably hammer animations, but with dagger/dagger holding the abilities of both hands swords, mh mace and oh axe, the rest of the skills can be condensed within Staff because this weapon is able to mimic animations of all hammer skills….except for Hammer AA which would have to be changed to a fast striking chain (hopefully they recycle the first 2 bits of the animations from melee version because those bits are the most awesome).

(edited by Jack Skywalker.5674)

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

Well for it to work we would need fewer weapons than we already have and lose weapon swaping. I have toyed with this ideea and played a few games with Mace/Axe + Sw/Sw – obviously the OP beat me to it with this suggestion by posting it first,but here are my 2 cents on the toppic.

From an animation stand point for this ideea to work we would have to lose both hand swords as well as mace mh and axe oh in favor of dagger/dagger due to the fact that the animations of both swords, mace and axe can be recycled easiest within daggers (exception being precision strike from sword mh).

Unfortunetly dagger/dagger would be a poor fit for staff animations and arguably hammer animations, but with dagger/dagger holding the abilities of both hands swords, mh mace and oh axe, the rest of the skills can be condensed within Staff because this weapon is able to mimic animations of all hammer skills….except for Hammer AA which would have to be changed to a fast striking chain (hopefully they recycle the first 2 bits of the animations from melee version because those bits are the most awesome).

You misunderstood a little bit what i meant. I thought of these weapons as we have them now with additional 5 skills you could swap like utility skills as you wanted with weaponswap still working.
In my idea you can run sw/sw on both sets but with different skills in each slot and even mixed up if you wanted to. Or one time Hammer Ranged and one time melee. Or sw/sw on one set with condi dmg and staff ranged ob the other set with condi.
Just how you like it. With several trait fixes this could provide a looooot of build variaty.

Every weaponskill has basically another option you could choose if you will say so and not mixing axe and sword skill or something like that.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

You misunderstood a little bit what i meant. I thought of these weapons as we have them now with additional 5 skills you could swap like utility skills as you wanted with weaponswap still working.
In my idea you can run sw/sw on both sets but with different skills in each slot and even mixed up if you wanted to. Or one time Hammer Ranged and one time melee. Or sw/sw on one set with condi dmg and staff ranged ob the other set with condi.
Just how you like it. With several trait fixes this could provide a looooot of build variaty.

Every weaponskill has basically another option you could choose if you will say so and not mixing axe and sword skill or something like that.

It sounds like you are saying that each weapon skill would have an alternative skill you could slot instead? For example, hammer auto-attack would have an alternative auto-attack that might be melee range. Sword #2 might have an alternative that you could slot instead, which does condi damage? So, every weapon skill slot would have two options and you get to pick to slot one of the two.

Since Rev is very limited in weapon options compared to other professions, I think this sounds reasonable. It would be a lot of work for ANet and likely wouldn’t happen except in an expansion. And they might remove weapon swap from Rev if they do it.

They could also look at giving Rev weapons two auto-attacks like Rev spear has underwater. E.g. hammer could have one melee auto attack and one range auto-attack. The only downside is that each auto-attack has its own separate skill slot, so we’d have to lose one skill or condense two skills into one to fit in an additional autoattack on each main-hand or two-hand weapon.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

It sounds like you are saying that each weapon skill would have an alternative skill you could slot instead? For example, hammer auto-attack would have an alternative auto-attack that might be melee range. Sword #2 might have an alternative that you could slot instead, which does condi damage? So, every weapon skill slot would have two options and you get to pick to slot one of the two.

Since Rev is very limited in weapon options compared to other professions, I think this sounds reasonable. It would be a lot of work for ANet and likely wouldn’t happen except in an expansion. And they might remove weapon swap from Rev if they do it.

They could also look at giving Rev weapons two auto-attacks like Rev spear has underwater. E.g. hammer could have one melee auto attack and one range auto-attack. The only downside is that each auto-attack has its own separate skill slot, so we’d have to lose one skill or condense two skills into one to fit in an additional autoattack on each main-hand or two-hand weapon.

Exactly this was my idea. Sadly as you said it probably wouldnt happen but i just wanted to share the idea eitherway.
If they would remove weaponswap it would castrated kinda the idea but this had to be tested first to judge it on the balance side.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This could work if and only if we only had one weaponset, maybe. Say Mace/Ace, which even becomes ranged with some legends or so.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

This could work if and only if we only had one weaponset, maybe. Say Mace/Ace, which even becomes ranged with some legends or so.

Why only then? Its just like giving two attunements to each weapon just you can swap the skills like utility skills (each skill seperately) out of combat but not inside combat.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

You got it half right – in my vission mace/axe and sword/sword would be replaced by dagger/dagger so it would be easier for devs to recycle animations and make condensing weapons possible. Outside of this detail you got the basic gist of my ideea.

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

You got it half right – in my vission mace/axe and sword/sword would be replaced by dagger/dagger so it would be easier for devs to recycle animations and make condensing weapons possible. Outside of this detail you got the basic gist of my ideea.

But this suggestion on the other hand misses mine. Think about it that way: Sword has 10 skills (off and mainhand) axe has 4 skills and mace has 6 . 2 of each if them are the auto attack, all of these skills can vary from power to condi from range to melee etc. You can mix and match them as you like like utility skills on other classes.
With your suggestion you just put axe, mace and both swords in one weaponset which isnt my intend.

Pale Raiders united.