Crystal Hibernation

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Could this skill be adjusted so that it doesn’t root, or at least change Soothing Bastion trait so that it does something else?

Unwilling root is not good.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Could this skill be adjusted so that it doesn’t root, or at least change Soothing Bastion trait so that it does something else?

Then don’t choose the trait. It’s a very good trait, IMO, and I wouldn’t want it changed.

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

It’s cause yeah, Soothing Bastion is death sentence

Stella Truth Seeker

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The boon increase doesn’t work anyway, so that’s basically your low cd pre-patch version of Runes of Svanir or Vampirism aka Dracula.

You know how the Shield #5 works. If you don’t like the skill and want to move, get Sword OH – #4 block is usable on move.
If you don’t like trait proc, get Bulwark – less CC = better survival

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Lazy Mesmer.7923

Lazy Mesmer.7923

Totally agree, love the idea of soothing bastion but in practice it feels like you’re CCing yourself. It’s not so bad when it’s a planned Hibernation as you’re controlling it, but the trait is reliably a nasty surprise

Klaev
[PRXM] Praxium

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I don’t mind so much when I use it myself (though it would be better if it didn’t root). It’s bad when it goes off on auto though. I want to like it, have tried it in both PvP and WvW but ultimately had to give it up because the root is so bad.

Especially if you’re fighting a necro or anything that has unblockable skills.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I would certainly like to see trait icon for that like Clarion Bond on Ranger to know when it’s up, as concept is good, but I can’t be sure in longer fights when I can depend on it working.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Then don’t choose the trait. It’s a very good trait, IMO, and I wouldn’t want it changed.

I tried it out in WvW the other day.

It interrupted me mid-stomp, which then allowed the enemy to stomp a nearby ally that I was trying to rally, which then rallied my target.

It’s going back on the shelf. Forever.

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

So I brought this up during BWE2 that I also didn’t care for the root. Roy’s response was, basically, if it doesn’t root then it’ll have to be “heavily rebalanced.” I took that to mean basically it wouldn’t heal anymore.

Now while the skill is not useful for WvW or high mobility situations, it’s pretty great in PvE and that’s where I use it. Most cases I prefer Axe for WvW roam so that isn’t a huge loss.

Basically you treat it like a 3rd mini heal. Combined with Infused Light, which can heal for very little, and Enchanted Daggers, which also heals for a little, it makes for 3 smallish heals that can work well together.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Narth.6094

Narth.6094

If you want a block that doesn’t root you and doesn’t heal you on a small cd then take the offhand sword over the shield.

Asking it to healing, not lock you in place, and block is pretty much just making offhand sword obsolete and useless.

I do agree that Crystal Hybernation is quite annoying in PvP. Especially when you pop the glint heal right as you get thrown into CH. imo.

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Sure, if unblockable CC wasn’t handed out like candy with HOT … but in the real game (not on paper) it sucks hardcore. Any unblockable CC and you get no healing or mitigation out of it. Instead you make it so you can’t dodge the incoming CC and guarantee the enemy the advantage.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Crystal Hibernation

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I do agree that Crystal Hybernation is quite annoying in PvP. Especially when you pop the glint heal right as you get thrown into CH. imo.

I’ve done that to myself a number of times in PvE. But I feel like that is a l2p issue on my part. I need to anticipate that and either heal earlier, or wait for the trait to activate and be prepared to heal after.

But yeah, I get where it would not be good in pvp/WvW, but I’d rather not screw up why is a good PvE trait. I’d think most WvW folks would be using bulwark anyway.