Crystal Hibernation complaint

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

The skill is very pointless. One simple immobilize and your out. Should require 3 or 4 immobilize, knock downs, knock backs or other form of cc to break it. Not one. This makes it rather useless in every game mode. Tried it in SW multiple times every single time I ended up with 25 stacks of vulnerability. If it’s going to root us we need it to actually be functional.

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Need to make it so it doesnt interrupt our cast time. or maybe heal more.

in Revenant

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

it should not be affected by soft cc in the first place. even stability is better than this.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

It is a pretty awful skill. It just allows the opponent to kill you more easily.

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

It is a pretty awful skill. It just allows the opponent to kill you more easily.

Pretty much yea….I was looking forward to this to because revenant was a little squishy. This skill made it worse

in Revenant

Posted by: Zeroth.7046

Zeroth.7046

I suppose it is bugged: Even a blind attack from a Dust Mite (which is a single blind that deals no damage outside of applying blind) breaks the defiance bar, while it works fine on mobs. It may be a case of the player bar being bugged, because otherwise this ability is absolutely horrible.

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

It really needs the defiance barmechanic removed.

It should just be a flat block w/ heal combined. The Revenant lacks “oh kitten” buttons, and this would be a nice one, but as it is, it just makes you a sitting duck and WILL leave you even more vulnerable.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

It really needs the defiance barmechanic removed.

It should just be a flat block w/ heal combined. The Revenant lacks “oh kitten” buttons, and this would be a nice one, but as it is, it just makes you a sitting duck and WILL leave you even more vulnerable.

Lol I couldn’t agree more. Even half the heal and remove this defiance bar. It’s supposed to be an oh crap button but it’s a oh let’s die quicker button

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

it should not be affected by soft cc in the first place. even stability is better than this.

Yeah soft CC makes it so easy to counter. Should only be affected by actual hard CC skills.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

+1 at a bare minimum let us move around while using it. But I also think it should not ground us and simply block. I mean it’s 20 energy for a suicide button at this point…

in Revenant

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

(based on ignoring the bug that causes it to break from one blind)

if the breakbar and damage reduction activated instantly and stayed on (think Obsidian Flesh) and lasted a bit longer (for the break bar to actually… be a “breakbar” and not just function like stability/defy pain, the breakbar is supposed to make a target immune to chill, blinds, and immobilizes, none of these affect us while we’re rooted for this skill with such a short duration)
then it’d be fine
it’s trash the way it is now

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

Also dont like how the Smoothing Bastion trait will interrupt my heal skill and put it on cooldown, basically putting me in a bad situation because the skill itself doesnt heal much.

in Revenant

Posted by: Mad Pig.2890

Mad Pig.2890

It leaves much to be desired. I was running clerics and the healing is still poor. I like the idea of it being a way to save yourself from a bad situation but its just holding off temporary damage. Add some condi removal or buff the healing, just something.

The warriors shield 5, you can move yourself to a position to recover from.

You think your life is hard? You don’t even main a Ranger.
~Desolation~

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

The heal is good, but it only takes some chill to destroy it (1 freeze granade). Needs AT LEAST to allow movement and take no damage from previously applied condis

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Wtb Condi reflect on it so only stuff like daze stun etc work

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

I hope Roy can give some input on this hopefully.

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I don’t mind that the skill roots you because it seems thematically fitting – IF, that is, it can be balanced around the self-root.

Atleast in PvP/WvW scenarios, the self-root means that opponents can anticipate and prepare burst against the Rev for when the skill ends. And the defiance bar would probably be difficult to balance – either it will be unbreakable in 1v1 or trivially easy to break in zerg vs. zerg (WvW).

Because of this I agree with JoshuaRAWR, that the defiance bar should be removed and the skill make you completely invulnerable.

Alternatively, the break bar could maybe be kept if movement is allowed while channeling, but I feel this would not be as fitting for the intended aesthetic of the skill (though balance must always come before aesthetics).

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

I don’t mind that the skill roots you because it seems thematically fitting – IF, that is, it can be balanced around the self-root.

Atleast in PvP/WvW scenarios, the self-root means that opponents can anticipate and prepare burst against the Rev for when the skill ends. And the defiance bar would probably be difficult to balance – either it will be unbreakable in 1v1 or trivially easy to break in zerg vs. zerg (WvW).

Because of this I agree with JoshuaRAWR, that the defiance bar should be removed and the skill make you completely invulnerable.

Alternatively, the break bar could maybe be kept if movement is allowed while channeling, but I feel this would not be as fitting for the intended aesthetic of the skill (though balance must always come before aesthetics).

Just change the animation to be the Rev channeling a clear dragon orb around their body floating in midair which allow movement.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

The whole train of thought of the skill being super strong yadayada comes mostly because they probably made it thinking about PvE raid content, now bear in mind or at least (with all due respect of course) most devs are in the average player skill level, which means they’re good at theorycrafting, but certainly do not try to min-max or look to make strong overall skills for every skill slot in the game, think about new players trying to get you in the break bar they’ll whine about how it’s so strong, specially if it didn’t root you on place.

What the skill needs to be solid:
1) allow moving
2) Remove or at least reduce the absurd ammount of vuln
3) Reduce daze to 1 second, if the vuln stays then just remove the daze alltogether

If it’s not fixed it’s yet another shield skillset that won’t see use, why? easy you have block on Sword off-hand, it’s mobile, on lower cooldown AND a set up for a burst, heck even in a bunker set-up shield is a bad idea even for support builds, outside of maybe future raids.

I went and tried shield 1v1 with a friend, had success but Sword off-hand was better (even better than axe), so I ran into a stun-evade Thief running DD and a Mesmer running Chrono with MoD, 3 hits and the shield was gone the burst was insane and I was a freekill, used sword and found the same duo some matches later wasn’t surprised that I had more survivability with sword off-hand.

(edited by Rygg.6237)

in Revenant

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

yeah roy needs to buff skill five.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

theme =/= gameplay.
Shield is an elite spec weapon. It needs to be useful before fitting.

The whole train of thought of the skill being super strong yadayada comes mostly because they probably made it thinking about PvE raid content

Nah, VB mobs can hard and soft cc too. It only takes 1-2 hits to break and you can’t cancel even if you see the skill incoming. Only weaponswap and then dodge, meh. At this point you could allow the skill to be canceled with dodge, like Charrzooka #5 (Claw of Jormag ambient weapon), since it’s already exploitable.

Also the skill prevents point capture liek an invulnerability, while it’s WAY inferior to an invuln. Only the healing is nice about that, I hope it doesn’t get nerfed.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I confirm it’s too much easy to break it…togheter with the root I ended using it only just outside of the heat of the fight just for the heal…it’s sad, there are manyore powerful block/heal skills in game….

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

Nah, VB mobs can hard and soft cc too. It only takes 1-2 hits to break and you can’t cancel even if you see the skill incoming. Only weaponswap and then dodge, meh. At this point you could allow the skill to be canceled with dodge, like Charrzooka #5 (Claw of Jormag ambient weapon), since it’s already exploitable.

Also the skill prevents point capture liek an invulnerability, while it’s WAY inferior to an invuln. Only the healing is nice about that, I hope it doesn’t get nerfed.[/quote]

Then that confirms that Shields will never see use on Revenant if the skill stays as is, and also that break bar on players needs a ton of rework.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Oh didn’t realize soft cc worked as well, was 1v1’ing a guildie, n thought I had to use a hard cc to do any appreciable damage to the defiance bar

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Then that confirms that Shields will never see use on Revenant if the skill stays as is, and also that break bar on players needs a ton of rework.

It’s still better then any offhand in pve. Both OH sword and axe would lower MH sword dps, just wasting energy, and both have far inferior defense/support capabilities.
Shield is not perfect but it’s still out best OH, and gives 65 armor for free. Also #4 is pretty decent and #5 gives som heal at least.

Still I believe #5 was supposed to be a “panic button”, but it’s not. The root and the very short breakbar force you to think very carefully about when to use that skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zeroth.7046

Zeroth.7046

It’s still better then any offhand in pve. Both OH sword and axe would lower MH sword dps, just wasting energy, and both have far inferior defense/support capabilities.
Shield is not perfect but it’s still out best OH, and gives 65 armor for free. Also #4 is pretty decent and #5 gives som heal at least.

Still I believe #5 was supposed to be a “panic button”, but it’s not. The root and the very short breakbar force you to think very carefully about when to use that skill.

Sword offhand is fine thanks to the block. Axe is the DPS and Condi off-hand to use, I’m not sure what you are talking about (specially because axe 4 is a DPS increase and not a loss).

That said, the shield 5 should get its defiance bar checked for soft-CC (I noticed soloing lupi today that the defiance bar goes down but isn’t broken y his CCs, which tells me blinds/chills breaking it instantly is a bug). Furthermore, the ability to move would be greatly appreciated, or at least some sort of buff to its current state.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Until you can move with Crystal Hibernation and Soft CC doesn’t affect break bar then Shield is pretty much garbage. The only good use I’ve even heard for it was the post above talking about it being passive armor for your offhand. Even then I’d still rather have Axe for the on demand CC (to overload break bars on encounters) and the ability to dodge out/in as needed on fights with any kind of mobility.

Rest of Herald is pretty great though. Shield is a huge disappointment not worth using in just about every setting.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Seems you’re unaware of just how much damage the axe #4 skill does.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Way less then sword AA + the 2 seconds of quickness you lose fot those 10 energy. Currently no rev skill does more dps then that. How many can you lend in 2 seconds? 3 full AA rotations factoring quickness. I’m sure it’s above anything axe can do.

And you’re clearly underestimating how much the extra might, armor and healing from shield does in a whole fight. Even the +65 armor alone is enough considering that not using OH skills at all saves a lot of energy

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

theme =/= gameplay.

I certainly agree. I think it’s important that Shield 5 provide usefulness to the Revenant as an emergency button, but also that the opponent (in PvP/WvW) has access to counterplay.

If Shield 5 remains unusable while moving, I think that is a good justification to make it provide complete invulnerability (no break bar). In this case the counterplay is the opponent readying actions for when the channel ends (and the Revenant responding to this as well).
If Shield 5 is usable while moving, I think it needs to retain the break bar, otherwise it is probably too strong (short cooldown, decent self-heal, and complete invulnerability). I don’t like the break bar personally because it seems impossible to balance between the game modes (PvE, PvP, and WvW). So that’s why I prefer Shield 5 remain unusable while moving. But in any case, I do agree that it needs some changes.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Revenant

Sylent.3165

theme =/= gameplay.

I certainly agree. I think it’s important that Shield 5 provide usefulness to the Revenant as an emergency button, but also that the opponent (in PvP/WvW) has access to counterplay.

If Shield 5 remains unusable while moving, I think that is a good justification to make it provide complete invulnerability (no break bar). In this case the counterplay is the opponent readying actions for when the channel ends (and the Revenant responding to this as well).
If Shield 5 is usable while moving, I think it needs to retain the break bar, otherwise it is probably too strong (short cooldown, decent self-heal, and complete invulnerability). I don’t like the break bar personally because it seems impossible to balance between the game modes (PvE, PvP, and WvW). So that’s why I prefer Shield 5 remain unusable while moving. But in any case, I do agree that it needs some changes.

I kinda like the root idea with the invulnerable. No break bar. I think the rooting truly symbolizes the protection they are doing with the healing.

I highly doubt they will remove breakbar though, so I think simply a large buff to the breakbar might do the trick. By large I mean no soft cc, and at least 2 or 3 hard cc’s to break it.

in Revenant

Knighthonor.4061

CH counters Chaotic Release elite skill. The wings go off but has no effect…