DPS skills?

DPS skills?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’ve decided to get into revenant, knowing almost nothing about it. This is for PvE but I plan to use a similar build/gear in WvW.

Is anything other than sword 1 and 2 still a DPS loss and just used for utility? Or is autoattack used because it doesn’t detract energy from facets?

And staff is purely for utility as well?

DPS skills?

in Revenant

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Yes as revenant you dps rotation is just autoattacking and use 2 out of cooldown. Then you just upkeep facets (you can use the One that give swiftness for do dps) and swap to jalis when your Energy is low then upkeep hammers. Every skill you use that is not sword 1 and 2 is just a dps and Energy loss.

Staff AA is similar damage to sword but it doesnt proc that trait in devastation line that give you +%damage so it is also a dps lost. It is just for breckbar (if really needed) or utility (block and blast).

Parabrezza

(edited by lucadiro.4519)

DPS skills?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Roger that, thanks. It’s still somehow satisfying despite just autoattacking all the time. I think it’s the neat dodge animation and helping every random passer-by with boons.

DPS skills?

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I haven’t tested it thoroughly but I am pretty sure that sword 3 is a dps increase against a single target when you don’t have quickness. This will be most of the time unless you raid a ton and when you are not in shiro. At the very least it allows you to keep up high dps while evading instead of losing all of it while dodging.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

DPS skills?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Anything but auto attacking kills rev dps. Just wish all those cool skills had some value in pve other than low fillers.