Did anyone have success with Ventari?

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

While I understood the concept of it, playing as it was a little awkward. I couldn’t get the Elite to work on players (figured the knockback would be awesome projecting down to cliffs and capture points in WvW and PvP respectively)

Did Anyone have success with Ventari build? I’m theorizing it would be fantastic as a backline tool, projecting it forward and such but I felt like I was the only one in WvW ever actually trying to make it work.

Possibly something like Shiro/Ventari Build. Staff/Hammer?

in Revenant

Posted by: krzysiek.9061

krzysiek.9061

There’s a one problem that people don’t understand – Ventari wasn’t made for solo play.

I think it’s more like a mobile medical centre – place Ventari and people will go there if they’ll need help. With cleric’s set and with #8 skill I had 2k healing on target, plus regeneration.
Elite was amazing with kb from bridges in WvW but sometimes #6 is bugged and I can’t see my tablet. Also, #6 uses your energy so people will know what’s going on. And tablet needs time to release the energy. Because of that, everything seems too slow.

I had Ventari/hammer/cleric combo and it was amazing for WvW. Not for 1vs1 or zerg AoE but for healing only. And bubble is the best skill for Revenant.

Tablet should be insta cast after swapping to Ventari. #6 should stay as a skill for placing your tablet. The idea of moving tablet with you is really bad. Even if #6 will work as “return button” it will be much, much slower to work with tablet because before placing your tablet, you’ll need to use return button. Tablet will start moving into your direction and before you’ll place it again, the tablet will be next you.

People don’t like Ventari because GW2 was about zerk and dmg. Because of that, healing looks strange.

(edited by krzysiek.9061)

in Revenant

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Well as i tested it in wvw i found it really helpfull to protect the dudes on the catapults. Just slide the tablet over to them, put up the shield and watch the rangers ontop of the wall eat their hearts out. Also works pretty good on chokepoints like caves to the supply camps. No projectile based attack passes the bubble what can take a lot of pressure of a fight. Other then that… the heal is rather weak for having to micro manage the thing the whole time and the condi clear.. ehh.. i give it that it works pretty good. It also looks very cool.. so thats that.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I had a lot of success using it along with Hammer.

Just need the Gauntlet glows though. Why’s that still missing?

EDIT: Success with group support, mostly in WvW, and some PvE open world.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

They said multiple times that Ventari is meant for selfless heal. It’s to heal others.
You can’t say “Shiro has poor self healing, let’s compensate with Ventari because it’s the healing legend”, because Ventari is worse then Shiro for self sustain. It’s meant to help others.

And yeah, if used correctly Ventari can be useful for any group play. Needs some work on healing tho, it felt low.

in Revenant

Posted by: nobleroar.2078

nobleroar.2078

well, i did not succeed in using ventari in pvp mode despite moving with team mates. I do like the graphical effects +1 though .

Positive: Projectile block is nice.

Negative: Too cumbersome.

Hope Ventari can be faster! come’ on centaur !

Jade Quarry
Mesmer | Night

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

You guys have to consider that outgoing heal wasn’t working. If it did work we would have been able to heal around 4k-6k per Natural Harmony.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

I liked playing with Ventari….but I think, the #6 Table-Command shouls be instant cast without interrupting your skills.

This would make the fights more fluid an I thinks, it’s far away from beeing OP….the heal amount isn’t that high and it is also a good thing, if you are prevented from using skills, if u can use it in that case while stunned and so on…take it as an upgrade for survivalability

in Revenant

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I feel I might have an unfair advantage when playing Ventari compared to some. I’ve done a lot of MMOs where I played a support that micromanaged healing and a summon that I had to tell to do specific things.

The tablet is a lot easier than that so I’ve had no trouble but I will say it takes some getting used to. It also helps when a team also takes responsibility for their position as much as someone working with the tablet.

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

You guys have to consider that outgoing heal wasn’t working. If it did work we would have been able to heal around 4k-6k per Natural Harmony.

Exactly this. It does work with the Staff skills though, and I was able to heal allies in PvE for 6k with Staff 4 while in full cleric’s.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

whoa that’s huge.

And yeah, Ventari wasn’t working properly in the last BW. It should be fixed according to the last announced changes for the next one.

With the upcoming changes to Shiro and Jalis, and the newly announced Glint, I think it will be hard to choose the legend setup.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I haven’t played Ventari for a while, mainly because I just don’t like how the whole tablet thing works. I don’t want to have to drag the tablet with me wherever I go – it should follow you, like Minions or Spirit Weapons.

The tablet, when summoned, should follow you wherever you go, and disappears when you decide to use it.

I’m glad they got a bit of a damage buff since last time, but I’m still a bit sceptical about using Ventari.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Revenant

Posted by: Olaf.8241

Olaf.8241

This past BWE I used dual swords with the Ventari Legend, and I have to say the self-sustain is pretty good. It could use a bit of a buff on the healing, but I’d say it works well with Magi’s.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

I used ventari in wvw, and i liked it

i tried using the elite to set up a trap to knockdown a zerg that was runnig at me when i was roaming on eotm .. . .LOL thats when i found out the skill has like a 2 second charge time XD

in Revenant

Posted by: Manarain.7940

Manarain.7940

I could outrun a centaur!

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I could outrun a centaur!

lol,,, yeah that got a laugh out of me…

in Revenant

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

i played most of my Revenant Time on the BWE in Fractals. (Got an Ascendend Armor Piece out of that, so meh!). I mostly used Shiro/Ventari with Mace/Axe + Hammer. Ventari is absolutely unbeatable in Terms of usefulness in the following Fractals:

Asura/Harpy (Projectiles)
Dredge (Projectiles)
Molten Alliance (During the Weapontest)
Mai Trin (The on Demand AoE Condition Cleanse is great for stacking to bring her shield down)
Cliffside during the last fight.

I might have forgotten some, but yes i had great success with Ventari and my PUG Teams were very thankful that they had the Centaur with them.

in Revenant

Posted by: Elbritil.3817

Elbritil.3817

I loved the whole idea, and i like it even after the bw, but realy need some improvement in commanding, the reaction time is awful, the summon and resummon is a pain. Would be a nice thing to see the tablet as it is + as an item to pick up like banners. Would be fun i think

in Revenant

NapTooN.6283

I loved the whole idea, and i like it even after the bw, but realy need some improvement in commanding, the reaction time is awful, the summon and resummon is a pain. Would be a nice thing to see the tablet as it is + as an item to pick up like banners. Would be fun i think

For Starters it would look pretty silly if a tiny Asura picks up the Giant Tablet and carries it around. And it won’t happen because it would open the doors to People trolling the Revenant.

Hey you want to Support our Party? Nope i will pick your Tablet up and drop it right back in that Corner over there!

in Revenant

Elbritil.3817

For Starters it would look pretty silly if a tiny Asura picks up the Giant Tablet and carries it around. And it won’t happen because it would open the doors to People trolling the Revenant.

Hey you want to Support our Party? Nope i will pick your Tablet up and drop it right back in that Corner over there!

Adding to the idea, what i forgot. Only the rev who summoned the tablet could pick it up ^^

in Revenant

NapTooN.6283

Adding to the idea, what i forgot. Only the rev who summoned the tablet could pick it up ^^

That would take even more time to redeploy than it does now

in Revenant

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Thanks for all the healing feedback from people who found usefulness. Gave me lots of good ideas.

in Revenant

Posted by: Chaser.2870

Chaser.2870

All of ventari skills are WAY TOO SLOW
and every utils has casting and long animation time
this prevents casts utils while tablet moving
theorycrafting? good, but real wvw? sucks, very very sucks…
if no redesign, no one uses that legend in wvw

in Revenant

Elbritil.3817

That would take even more time to redeploy than it does now

Maybe it would, but if tablet summons on legend swap on exactly the revs position, then just an f key to equip it. In this case command could turn to a rush to location skill with a leap finisher. It wouldnt take too much time and all utioity would occure on the revenant. To drop the tablet the normal banner drop mechanism is enough, or just explode it in ur hands with the elite as a blast finisher. If ventari is a selfless healer, then the tablet weapon skills could be some party aura aply, buffs, some lesser healing etc. It could be fun, and maybe usefull. For b3ginner players: every class(except warrior) has its trick to learn to be an effective player, they just need some time to learn ut. The thing about balance and design had to be about the main mass of players, not the pro upper10% or the beginner and “noob” lower 10%. This is how medicins or limits in real life are designed, for the 80% of the population on a Gauss curve.