Disappointed in the future of Revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

So apparently we’re getting a condi shortbow. I for one am very disappointed. Revenant has never been about condi. The playstyle is boring, you spam Unyielding Anguish and your mace skills of cooldown. Fun.

Revenant, for me has been all about being in Shiro, with swords, whacking things, dodging around the place. It’s a shame ANet has decided that rev’s future is condi, it seems very odd that a class that is predominantly played power because its playstyle is incredibly fun and unique is being ditched for something boring and mundane.

Am I the only one disappointed?

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

>Revenant has never been about Condi

You what?

Revenant’s about invoking the power of different legends to alter your playstyle by having 2 toolkits to build for whatever role you want to play, be it straight power damage (Shiro), Condition (Mallyx), Tanking (Jalis), Healing (Ventari) or Boon support (Glint)

As much as I love Shiro, we can aspire to being so much more than just a power profession, and many before have expressed that Condi would be much better if we had a ranged weapon.; something we can finally get access to. Hell, we might even be able to use Shiro/Kalla in tandem to have an effective Hybrid build if they have reliable synergy with each other.

I also wouldn’t call a Spec we’ve yet to see in action boring and mundane either. Seeing how well it gels with our core specs as well as against the other new ones will be an interesting experience to say the least.

My only disappointment was that it was Kalla and not Pyre Fierceshot, and that Shiro got nerfed far too hard.

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Well shiro does absolutely nothing to boost power, so there really is not a power based legend, while there is already a condi based legend.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Revenant

Posted by: FairyNuff.3452

FairyNuff.3452

Well maybe seeing as how Hammer is a ranged weapon, Shortbow will be power (and melee) :p.

in Revenant

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

As it looks like the new E-Spec will get a new mechanic with F1-3. This could influence shiro playstyle pretty significantly.
I was myself dissapointed from the Herold. Its a boonbot with pretty no interaction with the core class. The most annoying from this class is the class mechanic witch is just 1 other skill. I am happy that the new e-spec will bring more diversity and interaction.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Revenant

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Huh?? Where did you get the idea that the shortbow will be a condi weapon?? You’re saying it like it was confirmed. Not sure about you, but I have zero idea what the shortbow skills will be. And saying it because ranger and thief shortbows are condi, this is no proof. Rev utilizes weapons differently than other profs, for example warrior axes are power based and swords condi, while with rev it’s the opposite.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

Huh?? Where did you get the idea that the shortbow will be a condi weapon?? You’re saying it like it was confirmed. Not sure about you, but I have zero idea what the shortbow skills will be. And saying it because ranger and thief shortbows are condi, this is no proof. Rev utilizes weapons differently than other profs, for example warrior axes are power based and swords condi, while with rev it’s the opposite.

Its not confirmed but its the only niche missing. Power Ranged, power melee, condi melee are all in the game now. Condi ranged isnt. In addition to that is the legend the granddaughter of fierceshot if i remember correctly. He was very fire heavy themed if i am right .

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

An hybrid weapon : power and the utilities can be the preparations from GW1 that will turn the skills condi . Thats my speculation.

in Revenant

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

Man you’re preaching doom and gloom, but I doubt you’ve actually played condi rev. It’s hilarious and such a fun counter to thieves for example.

If melees wanna fight you, they gotta stand in the fire. It’s so funny watching them try to decide what to do against every instinct

in Revenant

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I can’t even …. Revs NEED a ranged condi weapon.

in Revenant

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Waaaaiiiiit, condi is boring but power sword aa spam dps is engaging…? 0.o

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

condi shiro was one of the most fun build in this pvp…less boring then dps shiro glint thats for sure

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

We need better power. I’m sick of the Condi nonsense spreading into everything. I’m showing clear bias of course but that’s just how I feel.

in Revenant

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

If people think it will be condi just because Ranger and Thief SB are condi , you might get a huge surprise (Minstrel Shortbow Renegade).

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

rev needs a condi range weapon

in Revenant

InsaneQR.7412

We need better power. I’m sick of the Condi nonsense spreading into everything. I’m showing clear bias of course but that’s just how I feel.

Fixing and improving power weapons would benefit the class more than just a new power weapon.
I wish they had made GS a thing for the invocation line and made it Range Condi (a role it hasnt in the game yet).
If they did that we had a full set of weapon roles and they could go power with the new E-Spec.

Pale Raiders united.

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Well shiro does absolutely nothing to boost power, so there really is not a power based legend, while there is already a condi based legend.

True, Shiro works perfectly fine for condi DPS.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

FairyNuff.3452

I hope that the skills and traits of the e spec at least work for both Rev ranged weapons.

in Revenant

Posted by: DevisedDemise.2608

DevisedDemise.2608

i wouldn’t look at the future, considering base revenant since the last balance patch has been bugged/broken in PVE. as in skills/traits that aren’t working as intended. until everything’s fixed we’ll just end up pilling issues on top of each other. and knowing anet there wont be any fixes for a long long time.

in Revenant

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

So apparently we’re getting a condi shortbow. I for one am very disappointed. Revenant has never been about condi. The playstyle is boring, you spam Unyielding Anguish and your mace skills of cooldown. Fun.

Revenant, for me has been all about being in Shiro, with swords, whacking things, dodging around the place. It’s a shame ANet has decided that rev’s future is condi, it seems very odd that a class that is predominantly played power because its playstyle is incredibly fun and unique is being ditched for something boring and mundane.

Yes, you are. Rev needs another ranged weapon and another condi-capable weapon. My only disappointment is that it’s bundled in an elite spec when it should be a core addition to the class, because the core class feels unfinished.

in Revenant

narcx.3570

Yes, you are. Rev needs another ranged weapon and another condi-capable weapon. My only disappointment is that it’s bundled in an elite spec when it should be a core addition to the class, because the core class feels unfinished.

The biggest problem is that Revenant was released with HoT/Elite specs, so I don’t think the devs ever even considered it’s core… They just built a bunch of options to go with its elite spec. Which is why we’re probably going to see a lot more changes like the ones we’ve been getting in the last few patches (easy swiftness/might access from Invo, more traited dps from corrupt, alacrity in salv) to help everything function without Herald in the future.

in Revenant

FairyNuff.3452

If only the new E spec gave both longbow & shortbow, with lb as condi at range and shortbow as closer power just to switch it up.

in Revenant

Carighan.6758

How is having a restriction to the class automatically “is unfinished”, btw?

I mean, if we have classes, having upsides and downsides seems a natural thing to me, and why would “Has no condition ranged option” not be a valid downside?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

I personally am disappointed rev. was pushed as a “brawly” class (hence the reason for throwing hammers) We went in expected to be Strong as a power class and at first we were. The problem is Anet has this splinter in their mind lately to kill power builds and make Condi stronger. The problem is it killed the play style enjoyed by many has been castrated in the process. In order to improve the diversity of play styles, it is my opinion that the DPS form both Condi or Poer should be equal. Secondly, It is great that Condi is strong, however, the price of the optimum set for Condi damage (vipers) is locked behind a crafting wall and the price of crafting a set of exotic viper’s armor is around 100 gold or more. (about the price to equip a Zerk build in full exotics) Anet, please give Rev back its hit. We need to master at something and not be this class of Jack of All Trades, Master of None.’

in Revenant

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

I will never forgive Anet for not giving us the legendary Quaggan Stance

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

in Revenant

Carighan.6758

The problem is it killed the play style enjoyed by many has been castrated in the process.

Well, your numbers are smaller but there’s more of them.

There, that’s all which changed. Mace even feels really meaty on the attack, what with the #3 especially. You still use 5 weapon skills, you still have an auto-attack.

I bet you this: If you could not see the conditions on enemies, and not see any damage numbers above enemy heads, and skills did not have tooltips, most of us wouldn’t even know whether they dealt condition or power damage. That’s how similar they are in actual gameplay.

So it doesn’t truly matter, sorry. I’d rather use condition vs power for class balance, make some classes more based on conditions and others less for flavor reasons. They are too similar to make them two full specs on each class.

in Revenant

narcx.3570

The problem is it killed the play style enjoyed by many has been castrated in the process.

Well, your numbers are smaller but there’s more of them.

There, that’s all which changed. Mace even feels really meaty on the attack, what with the #3 especially. You still use 5 weapon skills, you still have an auto-attack.

I bet you this: If you could not see the conditions on enemies, and not see any damage numbers above enemy heads, and skills did not have tooltips, most of us wouldn’t even know whether they dealt condition or power damage. That’s how similar they are in actual gameplay.

So it doesn’t truly matter, sorry. I’d rather use condition vs power for class balance, make some classes more based on conditions and others less for flavor reasons. They are too similar to make them two full specs on each class.

Except that one can be reduced by toughness and the other is cleanseable…

And one scales off Power, Precision, and Ferocity; the other off of Condition Damage, Expertise, and (technically, but just barely) Precision.

And one delivers all the damage as a burst, while the other does it’s damage over time.

And one allows you to multitask and do other things while still dealing damage, the other does not.

So yeah, I guess they’re the same in the fact that they do damage to an enemy… But really, they’re quite different.

(edited by narcx.3570)

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Wait for the new elite spec reveal and most importantly, balance pass coming up in the next major release, confirmed by Karl in the last AMA.

We will discuss Revenant and post feedback after that. For now we have some icons, an elite spec name and logical thinking for speculations.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I for one welcome a ranged condi or hybrid weapon. But I wonder about utility skills. What would you like to see?

Personally I would love to see shouts, however that may actually end up OP.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

narcx.3570

I for one welcome a ranged condi or hybrid weapon. But I wonder about utility skills. What would you like to see?

Personally I would love to see shouts, however that may actually end up OP.

The one good thing about Rev is our utilities don’t fall under one of the normal categories of spells—rather are bonded to the stance. Because if they didn’t, I’m almost certain they’d have us become trap cheesers in the xpac. =(

in Revenant

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Pyre/dalesio legend? bow traps?

traps ewwwwwwwww…. more power creep to make players use them and think they are good, that was how anet made guards accept the traps…

i hope Anet as quited the traps as utitlities…— and start porting up skills from gw1

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Revenant

Carighan.6758

Except that one can be reduced by toughness and the other is cleanseable…

And one scales off Power, Precision, and Ferocity; the other off of Condition Damage, Expertise, and (technically, but just barely) Precision.

And one delivers all the damage as a burst, while the other does it’s damage over time.

And one allows you to multitask and do other things while still dealing damage, the other does not.

So yeah, I guess they’re the same in the fact that they do damage to an enemy… But really, they’re quite different.

Oh, they are in a lot of smaller effects, but c ompare other MMOs:

• DoTs often last 15-30 seconds, dealing damage over a very long time.
  • In turn, damage per cast-time spent is very high.
  • Scaling is often the same.
  • Defenses are usually different (DoTs cannot be blocked/parried for example).

The thing is, ultimately this changes the specifics of your damage profile, but not the point of your spec: DPSer.

You deal DPS. Some might be better at burst and worse at sustained (these are usually far on the DD-side of things), some are better at the opposite (usually those with a healthy mix), some are very good at dealing near full damage to handful of opponents (usually those good with DoTs).

But, the point is: They all focus on dealing as much damage as possible.

Contrast this with the other 5 basic RPG roles: Healer, Buffer, Debuffer, CC, Tank. They do fundamentally different things.

in Revenant

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

I for one am very disappointed. Revenant has never been about condi.

Revenant, for me has been all about being in Shiro, with swords, whacking things, dodging around the place.

I lol-ed. This is some major bias tread right here. Anet gave every if not most class a power/condi/heal path to go. It’s just a matter of how meta move things along. Revenant not about conditions? You drunk on your own love for shiro? How about clicking your F1 tab and change it to mallyx and use a mace/axe for once.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I for one am very disappointed. Revenant has never been about condi.

Revenant, for me has been all about being in Shiro, with swords, whacking things, dodging around the place.

I lol-ed. This is some major bias tread right here. Anet gave every if not most class a power/condi/heal path to go. It’s just a matter of how meta move things along. Revenant not about conditions? You drunk on your own love for shiro? How about clicking your F1 tab and change it to mallyx and use a mace/axe for once.

I would rather run a Condi Rev than a Power Rev after the first round of nerfs we got. Mace/Axe has been a lot of fun with Glint/Malyx. I cannot wait to run it with the new spec.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

I’ve had a lot of fun with condi rev, but I have always preferred the playstyle of power with this class. I have no issues with a condition ranged weapon, and am quite curious as to how the new elite spec will be.

That being said, I agree that shiro was nerfed far too much and has been left aside while most other legends have been buffed. I also do not like how forcefully Anet is shoving us into conditions, pushing away the potential for an even playing field for both power and condi rev to be viable.

Condi rev is the way to go for DPS, ventari’s latest buffs have made it a very reliable healer, but shiro and power revenant have been nerfed into oblivion. I can’t help but wonder if Anet is happy with the state of thier only expansion class.

in Revenant

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

I would rather run a Condi Rev than a Power Rev after the first round of nerfs we got. Mace/Axe has been a lot of fun with Glint/Malyx. I cannot wait to run it with the new spec.

I had always love condi. The moment they release Rev and showcase Mallyx I knew this is going to be awesome. Too bad they nerfed the ulti till it isn’t really worth using now. I was still hoping that it will spread alot more condis while we sponge it all up.

in Revenant

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I’m looking forward to the Renegade from what we’ve seen of it so far.
I think that Icerazor’s utility could have done a second of Chill instead of Cripple for some synergy with Mallyx’s Abyssal Chill, though.