Dissapointed about the legends talking

in Revenant

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

I got quite excited for the Revenant when I read this blogpost a while back:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hidden-arcana-role-playing-the-revenant/
(I know this article is a bit about imagining some things yourself, but it made it seem a lot better than it is)
As I’m quite into the lore of this world this was the main draw for me. Hearing the legends speak and talk to you.
I didn’t play Revenant in the betas as I wanted a fresh experience with Rev at launch. I heard from my guildies that also wanted this that they were disappointed in this aspect of the Rev. So I tested it for myself and I agree.
I have never heard any legend talk outside of combat. I’ve heard a max of 4 lines from a legend and a lot of roaring and grunting. TBH there is mostly grunting and roaring, 9/10 times there have been grunting. I didn’t expect long conversations but what we have now feels very lacking.

I know some people find the characters talking annoying but that’s a separate issue which we should totally have a slider for so we can decide ourself. But a reason for that is that it’s always the same line over and over and over again. The Rev did this a bit better but there should be more lines for them and a bit less grunting. If the legends had at least 8-10 lines each mixed up with the grunting, roaring and war cries I think would be so much better and less annoying as there is a lot of variation.

Some of the Voice acting is a bit awkward but personally I really like Jalis and it feels great hearing him but how it is now it will get get old with all that grunting. I don’t want this to another reason to turn down game sounds. Especially since it’s good.

I’ve seen a few posts about this from beta but I haven’t seen any dev response about it.
Is this really all there is supposed to be? That’s such a shame. Even if this is only flavour It does so much for the class.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I’m with you saying i expected at list a little bit more talking, like while idleing, dying or near (i totally hear Shiro say “You disapponted me” when we die )
we can hope they will add some fluff later, but i won’t hold my breath for it

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I don’t have a source but the general idea given to us was Legend’s we invoke were to talk to us. More than just switching to them, but while using that legend we would at random get some input from them talking. At least that is what I took away with it.

It would be funny if your character goes idle as Shiro and he starts to complain that we are standing around not killing things.

in Revenant

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I share this disappointment too

Was looking forward to some fun banters and an insight on lore from these legends

cmon Anet you can still make it happen! we believe in ya!

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I hoped my Legends would badmouth me when I screw up or die ;/

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

Whenever I hear Shiro say “I have returned to fight at your side” or “I demand that you release me”, no matter how many times I hear it, it always gives me goosebumps.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Whenever I hear Shiro say “I have returned to fight at your side” or “I demand that you release me”, no matter how many times I hear it, it always gives me goosebumps.

Haha yeah gotta agree on that, the dwarf aint too bad either with his roar

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

Since I’m almost always using Shiro/Mallyx for damage or Shiro/Jalis for tough spots I don’t notice much of Ventari or Glint, but I’m pretty sure I’d pay more attention if I used them as often.
Impossible Odds is just so good, you become the ultimate assassin with Super Speed and Quickness.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Since I’m almost always using Shiro/Mallyx for damage or Shiro/Jalis for tough spots I don’t notice much of Ventari or Glint, but I’m pretty sure I’d pay more attention if I used them as often.
Impossible Odds is just so good, you become the ultimate assassin with Super Speed and Quickness.

“What will you do with this true ultimate power??”

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I agree that Mallyx sounds effects are superior, by far.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144