Dmg reduction revenant! (raid)

in Revenant

Posted by: Szeraf.5781

Szeraf.5781

I was toying around with what can I get from a Dwarf/Glint build, that focuses flat out damage reduction. Best kind of damage is the one you don`t take. Went with soldier amor, not sure about it tho. The power is needed because of the raid timers.

I would like to stick with these traits for now and build the rest around it. Lets fill in the empty spaces.
Pvp matters only? Don`t care.
Glint/Shiro might be better? Considered it, may try later.

Was thinking about keeping a set of Cleric with me to pop full support if needed.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemn3gWNSuQrJRbo/ksP0gS4I6QJ4EdrkFalh9la6RNgBWwO6q3G-TRhXAB8o+DAK/Ud/BHUCCi+ASBYxQL-e

in Revenant

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Soldier set is quite bad for raids. Even with a lot of power you wont do as much damage due to lack of crit chance and crit damage. I use Full Berserker mainly. If we need the tank I’ll change 1 trinket to Knights and change herald revival trait into the one that gives toughness for upkeep.

I dont see a reason why would you need to waste 1 raid slot for damage reduction. Might be good in the future but at the moment its just waste of spot.

in Revenant

Szeraf.5781

With all respect, how do you deal with the kiting and the 2-3K damage the guardian puts out every idk 5second? I mean it follows the one with the most toughness and you get hit pretty often. Im confused how you do that with berserker gear.

in Revenant

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

I go shiro/glint like tank in raids with commander armor + soldier accessories.
This build http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdskFNFiNMnpNtDIANwugJshA-TRRQABdo8bFlgLr+DA7P0j+ASBYxQL-e

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

(edited by Evilek.5690)

in Revenant

Szeraf.5781

I go shiro/glint like tank in raids with commander armor + soldier accessories.

Interesting, can you show us your build?

in Revenant

Nephziel.6053

To be fair the raid bosses do not hit that hard. Since I am the one with most toughness if tanking it means the boss will follow me. So people can use their waterfields on me and spam blasts which will still hit the boss. If I get really low I just pop my infuse light and go trough the damage field or the red orb and I’m up to full health. My AA’s chain hits on average 6k+ and go sometimes much higher which means Im still contributing enough dps.
I do not use Shiro due to having 2 chronos In my organized group so I have Mallyx for boonstrip phase.
2nd boss I didn’t tank mostly because one of the guildies swapped to his dire engie to test his build. We didn’t manage to beat him yet. Highest we got was about 5% since we thought we had enough damage to burst him down so we didn’t open a path to updraft.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

So far, none of the bosses require this amount of heal and/or tank.

The most limiting factor usually is lack of damage. If your raid is dying to mechanics and you need to offset this with more tank/heal, you are very likely not going to make the timer.

Future bosses might differ in this respect though.

in Revenant

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

No more zerker meta. Heh?

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Revenant

Nephziel.6053

Bunch of peope knew the meta wouldn’t change. No matter what you do you are still gonna need damage dealers in order to get trough the content faster.

I don’t know why people belived the glass-builds would die. It makes no sense.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Bunch of peope knew the meta wouldn’t change. No matter what you do you are still gonna need damage dealers in order to get trough the content faster.

I don’t know why people belived the glass-builds would die. It makes no sense.

ofc they wouldn’t die, but now there are other spots in a raid/party besides dps (tank, support, healer), also many classes are better in condi (so viper/sinister) than zerker

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?