Do we need condi cleanse on Glint?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

With Glint coming as a legend I’m a bit worried about combinations. If she doesn’t have condi cleanse are we going to be forced to use her with Jalis?

On old classes I can slot my condi cleanse on any build, but with Revenant we may need 1 condi removal in almost every legend to make combination with Shiro possible.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

This is another reason why Revs need another 1-3 utilities to choose from for each Legend. One of those should be some sort of condi cleanse. This way you give the Revenant flexibility while still being relatively weak to conditions. At most they would then have two condi removals (one in each Legend) plus the Jalis heal, and that’s if you choose to slot all available condi removal. With one always being gated behind a Legend and energy cost being the limiting factor that it is now I still think this puts Revs very high on the “weak to condi” list. Glint notwithstanding, Revs don’t have great condi removal in traits. Even Engis, who are pretty weak to condis just in their skills, can can some pretty decent removal with the right traits.

I guess to answer your question, I think yes we do need condi removal on Glint. However I don’t think this really solves much of that problem by itself.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

(edited by Adamantium.3682)

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Imo all legends need access to condi removal (except Mallyx) and stunbreaks otherwise rev wll remain unviable. Nothing hard to dumb down condi bomb on someone once they swap to Shiro, 10sec is a lot of time for conditions to wreck someone.

Thus;

Impossible odds – transfer conditions. Great synergy with Mallyx.
Jalis – using Jalis skills removes conditions via trait
Pain absord – stunbreak
Purifying Essence – stunbreak

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

This is another reason why Revs need another 1-3 utilities to choose from for each Legend. One of those should be some sort of condi cleanse. This way you give the Revenant flexibility while still being relatively weak to conditions. At most they would then have two condi removals (one in each Legend) plus the Jalis heal, and that’s if you choose to slot all available condi removal. With one always being gated behind a Legend and energy cost being the limiting factor that it is now I still think this puts Revs very high on the “weak to condi” list. Glint notwithstanding, Revs don’t have great condi removal in traits. Even Engis, who are pretty weak to condis just in their skills, can can some pretty decent removal with the right traits.

I guess to answer your question, I think yes we do need condi removal on Glint. However I don’t think this really solves much of that problem by itself.

Malyx is one of the strongest anti-condi toolkits in the game. With the 50% boon duration bonus, a revenant could probably stack 20 seconds or so of resistance on themselves in team fights and then heal for 10k while being immune to condi’s.

Jalis removes 3 on heal. Eh, not horrible.

Ventari can remove 3 condi’s about every 7 seconds.

Staff removes 2.

Trait to remove condi on legend swap.

Trait to remove condi on dodge roll every 10 seconds.

So, all in all, it doesn’t seem far off from any other class in the condi-handling department. It’s potentially the best if fully traited running staff malyx/ventari with corruption, invocation, and salvation.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

And whats about power builds? Which one will run ventari? Lol.

Mallyx ressitance is also stripable, dont have too high hopes for 20sec of resistance if opposite team has brain. We also dont know if f2 is upkeep ability or ability with normal cd and limited duration like other skills.

People been running both Jalis and staff, we all know how it ended vs any condi build. Olny Mallyx somewhat stood some chance due to spamming autoatk+pain absord but if you tried to use banish or leap you combined with wep skills you melded to condi as well due to lack of resistance.

obey me

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Are we already giving up at Shiro+Glint?

in Revenant

Recursivision.2367

And whats about power builds? Which one will run ventari? Lol.

Mallyx ressitance is also stripable, dont have too high hopes for 20sec of resistance if opposite team has brain. We also dont know if f2 is upkeep ability or ability with normal cd and limited duration like other skills.

People been running both Jalis and staff, we all know how it ended vs any condi build. Olny Mallyx somewhat stood some chance due to spamming autoatk+pain absord but if you tried to use banish or leap you combined with wep skills you melded to condi as well due to lack of resistance.

Signet necro is about the only condi build that’s going to apply condi’s and strip boons—and revenant performs fairly well against them.

Also, banish traited has about the same resistance uptime as pain absorption in 1v1’s. So it can be used against condi builds.

And it’s still the strongest anti-condi toolkit in the game.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Well…from the look of it..Yes. Glint seems to be more group support oriented and should shine more with Ventari/Jalis. If it can work with Shiro then cool, after all i planned to run Shiro+Glint. If not..meh.. hi Jalis, how are you?

+I dont like the fact it has cd’s. It goes against rev desing.

Signet necro is about the only condi build that’s going to apply condi’s and strip boons—and revenant performs fairly well against them.

Also, banish traited has about the same resistance uptime as pain absorption in 1v1’s. So it can be used against condi builds.

Mesmer can strip boons quite well with shatters. And no, banish has lower amount of resistance than pain absord. For 35 energy you gain 6sec resistance (and even more so if you have allies around), for 2 banish which cost 40 energy you gain 4 seconds.

There are also other builds necro has that strip much better. Reaper will get 8cd aoe boonstrip on shroud 2.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

We still lack condi cleanse on Revenant. Jalis can’t be mandatory in every build

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

We still lack condi cleanse on Revenant. Jalis can’t be mandatory in every build

I don’t think it’s a lack of condi clenase. See Recursivision’s post. I think it’s a matter of where each are located and not necessarily being handy to certain Legends/Traits builds.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Revenant

Recursivision.2367

Well…from the look of it..Yes. Glint seems to be more group support oriented and should shine more with Ventari/Jalis. If it can work with Shiro then cool, after all i planned to run Shiro+Glint. If not..meh.. hi Jalis, how are you?

Mesmer can strip boons quite well with shatters. And no, banish has lower amount of resistance than pain absord. For 35 energy you gain 6sec resistance (and even more so if you have allies around), for 2 banish which cost 40 energy you gain 4 seconds.

There are also other builds necro has that strip much better. Reaper will get 8cd aoe boonstrip on shroud 2.

Where are you getting 6 seconds on pain absorption? I still see 4—5 if it gives you an additional 1 second even with no allies around.

And yeah, mesmers can run strip on shatter. But if they’re a condi mesmer, that requires them to spec into a sub-par trait line just to counter you. Or we’re talking two separate players to hard counter you and, let’s be honest, if you’re getting focused by a shatter mesmer and a condi build you’re going to be dead either way.

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

So everyone runs Glint/Jalis Power or Glint/Mallyx Condition (stays in Mallyx) … great. In PvE, it’s Glint/Shiro…neat.

Ventari remains garbage. woot.

Hint, make Legend swap condition removal (and stun break) baseline. Problem solved.

Honestly, Revenant feels a lot like Warrior on release with huge problems dealing with every condition in general and a couple of very key/required utilities in order to actually function. The difference is Revenant must take specific Legends in order to get those needed utilities.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Where are you getting 6 seconds on pain absorption? I still see 4—5 if it gives you an additional 1 second even with no allies around.

And yeah, mesmers can run strip on shatter. But if they’re a condi mesmer, that requires them to spec into a sub-par trait line just to counter you. Or we’re talking two separate players to hard counter you and, let’s be honest, if you’re getting focused by a shatter mesmer and a condi build you’re going to be dead either way.

Ah right..i forgot that i been running traveler runes. Thats where extra second coming from.

6s (and 1,25 for each ally) on pain absord – 35 cost
4,5 on banish – 40 cost

Seems balanced. And it is not rare to see mes removing boons via shatter actually.

Also i am still not sure what you trying to archieve here when its clear as day that power revenant lack condition removal. Am i really supposed to get condition/healing support legend and spam pain for ressitance to not melt in your eyes? Do you even played this class in Shiro/Jalis combo? It is like a warrior before they got cleansing ire and brawler recovery, when i faced condi build i had 2 options..run or get wrecked.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Entirely possible one of the Glint auras has condition removal, perhaps paired with resistance on activation. We shall find out tomorrow.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Atm we only have condi cleanse on Jalis, Ventari and condi management on Mallyx, making one of those 3 mandatory in every buil.

But even Mallyx builds like the condi cleanse from Jalis and Ventari builds are not good in power or condi builds, but only for support and wvw backlines (and even there Ventari+Jalis is good).

I’d love to be able to use Shiro+Glint.

Entirely possible one of the Glint auras has condition removal, perhaps paired with resistance on activation. We shall find out tomorrow.

Hoping in the facet of light.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I mean, this is meant to be a support stance, right? Condi cleanse is support, right?

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Why do people quote Jalis as condition removal? They have 3 removed every 30 seconds. That’s very low removal. The only “real” removal we have is Ventari and let’s be frank, no Dps build wants or can afford to mess around with the clunky tablet just to remove some conditions. Revenant is far too squishy for all of that noise, especially with Marauder type stats. They need some competitive self cleansing and keep Ventari as the group cleanser/support.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Because Jalis low condi removal is better then nothing. Ventari is not really viable on normal builds, and summoning the tablet to clear condis takes too long.

I agree. Glint (and maybe Shiro) also needs condi removal, because Revenant is pretty weak on that (unless you’re running Mallyx+Jalis, but I’d like to be able to use Glint+Shiro without dying out of bleeding).

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Maybe instead of removal, Resistance boon should just be more common than on just in Demon Stance with one ability. Example, give Replenishing Despair a 3s Resistance boon with a 10s ICD.

Then there is some opponent counterplay.

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Maybe instead of removal, Resistance boon should just be more common than on just in Demon Stance with one ability. Example, give Replenishing Despair a 3s Resistance boon with a 10s ICD.

Problem is, there is WAY too much boon removal right now to just sit around with absolutely no way to get rid of burns, of example. It doesn’t take much down-time on resistance to completely melt you.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

Problem is, there is WAY too much boon removal right now to just sit around with absolutely no way to get rid of burns, of example. It doesn’t take much down-time on resistance to completely melt you.

Some people dont realize that. They also forgetting that on release their will be another Mallyx rev to keep their resistance in check. Ele will get pulsing boon removal on warhorn and who knows what else other specs gonna bring to the table.

obey me

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Since it’s confirmed that glint won’t have condi cleanse, should we start thinking about viable builds?

in Revenant

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

How good is shiro’s burst in a maruader/zerk amulet setup? While this is a longshot, mesmers are generally fine wihtout condi removal on burst specs…. but they also have stealth and mobility whereas rev doesn’t..

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Revenant

Recursivision.2367

Some people dont realize that. They also forgetting that on release their will be another Mallyx rev to keep their resistance in check. Ele will get pulsing boon removal on warhorn and who knows what else other specs gonna bring to the table.

What ele skill is that again?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

How good is shiro’s burst in a maruader/zerk amulet setup? While this is a longshot, mesmers are generally fine wihtout condi removal on burst specs…. but they also have stealth and mobility whereas rev doesn’t..

Rev is not really a burst class.

Back on topic, what do you think about https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Cleansing

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

What ele skill is that again?

http://dulfy.net/2015/07/24/gw2-tempest-elementalist-elite-specialization-livestream-notes/#Warhorn_Skills

Not sure what changed since then as the olny thing i made was dh, reaper and rev, but it still most likely removes boons.

As for condi cleanse we should w8 till stream+forum post about upcoming changes. Theres no way to leave rev in current state with no condi removal.

obey me