Do you think revenant is squishy?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

In my personal opinion with skill 3 not dodging, the 2 skill not having an added blind (which would really make the skill usable) and the heals being so small I was losing a lot of fights I would not lose as any other class even tested ele and mesmer which I never played past level 20 before and was doing much better.

If we are going to be this squishy in melee a damage boost would be needed, or some more survivability.

Thank you

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

From hp/s point hes fine due to siphon now, olny Shiro heal needs to be changed to heal 6,5k at once otherwise it will always sux. Other than that proper condi cleanse and active defenses is all he needs.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Rygg.6237

Rygg.6237

It’s not that it’s squishy, it’s that Revenant has no chance to survive under pressure because of several things: 1) Energy is really hard to manage under constant pressure, try to survive a burst in PvP outside teamfights, you won’t be able to unless you play almost flawlesly, 2) Healing skills have low CDs but they healing output is lacking in those cases, 3) Malyx can’t manage conditions as well as devs thought it could, 4) lack of defensive boon/condition uptime: no access to protection you do have some access to weakness but it pales in comparison to other professions skills with access to weakness, 5) Jalis is supposed to be tanky but it actually isn’t it just has nice stability uptime, taunt at a high energy cost, some DPS in hammers and a suicide button as an elite.

in Revenant

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

Could definitely use some Protection or something on Jalis or Hammer skills, some evades on Swords. Anything that helps mitigate damage while being focused would be a major help.

in Revenant

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

I have spent a good time “theory crafting” (Not numbers) trait synergies, weapon synergies, understanding legend swapping, etc. I agree with the fact that under pressure there isn’t any escapes or active avoidance options. I just can’t find the synergy with revenant that I can find with other classes/builds. Am I missing something? This is from a pvp point of view. I did various 1v1s against different classes, a bunch of group Qs. When I was focused I could not escape properly (kite) and was shut down immediately. Not sure if anyone else notice the lack of revenants in pvp lately?

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

in Revenant

Rygg.6237

I have spent a good time “theory crafting” (Not numbers) trait synergies, weapon synergies, understanding legend swapping, etc. I agree with the fact that under pressure there isn’t any escapes or active avoidance options. I just can’t find the synergy with revenant that I can find with other classes/builds. Am I missing something? This is from a pvp point of view. I did various 1v1s against different classes, a bunch of group Qs. When I was focused I could not escape properly (kite) and was shut down immediately. Not sure if anyone else notice the lack of revenants in pvp lately?

It’s pretty muchs summed up that damage is still not good enough and the problems of energy vs pressure uptime, that’s why some people have trouble vs. mesmers, rangers and thieves, if they stealth and you use sword your only option is Precision Strike until they go out of stealth, against thief hammers work well, but not so much vs. Ranger and Mesmer because of ranged attacks, Hammer sucks for PvP because it’s just too slow and predictable, if you manage to hit a drop the hammer it’s because they already used up their endurance OR you managed to effectively stun them with JW.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

I believe i am the olny one who pvp still on rev. Some bad players been blaming me for their loss, other players been impressed by me. Been a few hours today and i have meet olny 2 revs. Hes squishy but if not focused he bring down chaos on enemy like noone else. With a proper sustain everyone will run at least one rev be it power or condi.

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

It’s not squishy, but not even tanky. Survivability in pve relies more on Shiro then Jalis.

I’d love to like Jalis, but the only useful thing in that legend atm are the healing skill and the stability road (that is not impressive btw). Hammers are bugged as hell, chain is 50 ENERGY and elite is slow as hell.

As we all supposed from the last Revenant POI, Shiro and weapons were going to be great, old legends still carry the same problems we already addressed.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Revenant is squishy when being focused, in a 1v1 you can do pretty well with all the heal siphon you have, but when being hard focused (see teamfights) or being under hard condi pressure you will explode cause you will lack energy…

PD: Shiro’s heal is perfect as it is, it only needs the siphon cd removed and you have a really strong heal

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

it’s not squishy, but not even tanky. Survivability in pve relies more on Shiro then Jalis.

Same in PvP, I mean, Jalis is the worst deffensive thing ever seen, it only have the elite to tank damage…

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

it’s not squishy, but not even tanky. Survivability in pve relies more on Shiro then Jalis.

Same in PvP, I mean, Jalis is the worst deffensive thing ever seen, it only have the elite to tank damage…

Are you saying that elite is being used effectively in pvp?

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

Im saying that right now I dont bother to use Jalis cause I cant see which skill is useful instead of stability road for stomps/rezz

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Rygg.6237

Still Jalis is great for a roamer and direct damage spec but has no survivability, also the cast times are plain useless I’ve tried to secure stomps with Inspired Reinforcements and have gotten KD, Fear and stun because the god kitten cast time and animation take too long to get down in time, Forced Engagement is just useful in SH vs. the Heroes… and that’s it, you can get a nice burst from Vengeful Hammers if you pop it right before porting to an enemy, specially if you proc the Hammer from the trait, there are some good combos, the main problem it’s that it lacks sustain no point in having burst potential if 4 out of the 9 professions can avoid it with an evade and 2 skills and then burst you because you can’t mitigate the damage.

IMO Revenant could use lower energy costs, more boons for passive defense and more damage, the as someone already said those problems were there before the PoI and haven’t been adressed, I just hope that Revenant feedback doesn’t get ignored for 3 years as Necromancers were, it’s not like Roy hasn’t done anything to try to get the Revenant in a better spot the team has done it, but most of the time devs try to “fix issues with the profession that we feel fit the theme of the profession” and well, that doesn’t help much if the root of the problem is not looked at.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

PD: Shiro’s heal is perfect as it is, it only needs the siphon cd removed and you have a really strong heal

The olny heal ingame that require you to keep hititng in order to heal…Its the worst possible one and nothing is fine about this ability. These daggers goes to waste and i dont heal for a jack when im trying to run away. These daggers also dissappear if you get downed.

Revenant is also weak in 1v1 unless we run condi and even then..power builds can kill you.

obey me

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

Still Jalis is great for a roamer and direct damage spec but has no survivability, also the cast times are plain useless I’ve tried to secure stomps with Inspired Reinforcements and have gotten KD, Fear and stun because the god kitten cast time and animation take too long to get down in time, Forced Engagement is just useful in SH vs. the Heroes… and that’s it, you can get a nice burst from Vengeful Hammers if you pop it right before porting to an enemy, specially if you proc the Hammer from the trait, there are some good combos, the main problem it’s that it lacks sustain no point in having burst potential if 4 out of the 9 professions can avoid it with an evade and 2 skills and then burst you because you can’t mitigate the damage.

IMO Revenant could use lower energy costs, more boons for passive defense and more damage, the as someone already said those problems were there before the PoI and haven’t been adressed, I just hope that Revenant feedback doesn’t get ignored for 3 years as Necromancers were, it’s not like Roy hasn’t done anything to try to get the Revenant in a better spot the team has done it, but most of the time devs try to “fix issues with the profession that we feel fit the theme of the profession” and well, that doesn’t help much if the root of the problem is not looked at.

Agree, vengeful hammers can do a pretty ncie burst (see VH+staff#5), but the long cast time and the overall less survivality than the dodge spam from Shiro makes it a clunky legend for me

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Krysard.1364

The olny heal ingame that require you to keep hititng in order to heal…Its the worst possible one and nothing is fine about this ability. These daggers goes to waste and i dont heal for a jack when im trying to run away. These daggers also dissappear if you get downed.

Revenant is also weak in 1v1 unless we run condi and even then..power builds can kill you.

This is a proactive heal, like Troll heal form ranger, you cannot use it when 10% health as a panic button, but when entering combat so you can get the 100% of the heal and the burst dmg from siphon… If we remove the cd from siphon this is a really great heal for sure

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Im saying that right now I dont bother to use Jalis cause I cant see which skill is useful instead of stability road for stomps/rezz

That was just a question, I would have been surprised.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

They just need to get rid of the icd of the daggers.

in Revenant

skowcia.8257

This is a proactive heal, like Troll heal form ranger, you cannot use it when 10% health as a panic button, but when entering combat so you can get the 100% of the heal and the burst dmg from siphon… If we remove the cd from siphon this is a really great heal for sure

Troll heal regenerates over time and doesnt require to hit anything. You can activate it and kite around (not hard to do as a ranger). Your comprasion is flawed. Shiro heal is too easy to counter. Blocks, blinds, reflects, evades…show me another healing ability suffering from these issues. It also means were supposed to always start fight with Shiro.

In pve for sure. Theres one problem tho. Interval was made so that you cant deal too much damage at once.

obey me

(edited by skowcia.8257)

in Revenant

Rygg.6237

In pve for sure. Theres one problem tho. Interval was made so that you cant deal too much damage at once.

Yeah sure damage would be a problem if Revenant was in the top 3 classes on DPS but DPS wise it’s in the bottom end of the foodchain, even lower than necro, burst damage wise not so much… but again Thief, Ranger, Mesmer and Reapershroud have more burst potential than Revenant, if we count Rampage as Burst potential Warrior and Engi are better than Revenant too so no point in having a delay because it “would be too much damage at once” also the initial heal is mediocre at best, if the deleay stays then make the base heal at least double the ammount it is now.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Yeah sure damage would be a problem if Revenant was in the top 3 classes on DPS but DPS wise it’s in the bottom end of the foodchain, even lower than necro, burst damage wise not so much… but again Thief, Ranger, Mesmer and Reapershroud have more burst potential than Revenant, if we count Rampage as Burst potential Warrior and Engi are better than Revenant too so no point in having a delay because it “would be too much damage at once” also the initial heal is mediocre at best, if the deleay stays then make the base heal at least double the ammount it is now.

This. Plus we have energy cost AND cooldown on skill, so it’s not a big deal if it has no icd.