Does ANet hate Revenant?

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

After its release, Revenant got nerfed many times, basically every update was a nerf instead of a bugfix.
Jalis upkeep was fixed in the last patch, and it was broken from its initial release (I still remember the initial “fix”: a smaller radius in order to make hits with walls less likely). Sword-3 was nerfed 2 times before the PvP split because it was too strong in pvp, yet now that we have PvP separation, it’s still nerfed.

And now the Renegade. We got a nerfed version of Wells, with summons on top that can be killed or even CC, plus the break stun on the healing.

Is it just me or it seems that ANet does not like Revenant?

Allow me to add some constructive criticism.
- stun break should not be on healing skill.
- Wells should be Wells and not summons. You can keep the phantasm look if you want (I think it’s even more lame than the facet symbol of the Herald to be honest). Also please no “no valid path to target” on Wells.
- energy cost is WAY too high. You’re basically forced to pick 1 Well to use every time you swap.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Does the heal even work? I felt like I got nothing from it and died anyway.

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I think Roy had a lot of great ideas and a great attention to balance towards the Revenant when it first came out. There were conversations like the ability to move on Crystal Hibernation would be too much with the heal.

Then the normal balance team took back over and we see the same clueless, moronic and purposeless nerfs that we see across many other classes. Crystal Hibernation heal ends up taking a huge nerf and did we get the ability to move with it? Nope. Have fun just being worse.

You can tell from the Dev stream these guys were super proud of themselves and the neat portal style attacks they came up with but functionally it’s all just a huge miss. Such a shame, I miss Roy

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Does the heal even work? I felt like I got nothing from it and died anyway.

It does. But it can be interrupted during casting also if it gets feared/CC’d it doesn’t do it’s 33% condi damage or healing aura.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: nedlee.5943

nedlee.5943

Hanlon’s razor. Never attribute to malice what can be well explained by incompetence. They just have no idea what to do with the class.

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Mine wasn’t feared or cc’d and I still felt like the “heal” didn’t do anything.

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: DarkStar.1749

DarkStar.1749

On top of all that if I wanted to play a ranger I would have made a ranger my main character. The mounts were not thought out for Herald either. When you dismount your are not even ready to fight because all your buff are off.

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

On top of all that if I wanted to play a ranger I would have made a ranger my main character. The mounts were not thought out for Herald either. When you dismount your are not even ready to fight because all your buff are off.

Facet of Nature stays up when mounted for some reason while the others don’t.

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

DarkStar.1749

Whatever ones you had up when you mounted should be up when you dismount right?

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Would make sense, but was not that way, at least during last weekend.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

DarkStar.1749

Would make sense, but was not that way, at least during last weekend.

No it wasn’t so I just stopped using the mount. Sad because they will never fix that problem.

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

watching their guild chat episode on the new specs, I notice they have nothing much to even talk about Renegade. Yes it’s a much simpler mechanic compared to much complex weaver/mesmer/holosmith but I giggled at their reaction.

“Oh look, renegade conjures the spirit of kalla. wow, they fight with their warband mates, killable wells… ok next”

Flashy portal skills yes, but due to the randomness of the projectiles at most you will only land 3-4 out of the 10/15, so that’s like 4 stacks of 2secs burn. Meanwhile other specs easily land 10+ stacks in mere seconds

(edited by lmaogg.7325)

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Honestly I even find the well animations lame. They don’t seem like fighting, but more like dancing holograms. And the fact that they can be CC after the huge energy cost is so lame and the projectiles are random.

I don’t even know how this elite spec could be fixed. It just feels like it has to be remade from scratch.

And base Rev without Herald is basically useless after all the nerfs. Also some of the reasons behind the initial nerfs are not there anymore.

- Vengeful Hammers: was given smaller radius because the hammers disappeared when hitting walls. Now they don’t do it anymore, still small radius.
- Crystal Hibernation: lock in position because it does huge heal. Now it doesn’t heal so much anymore, basically just blocks, like Sword-4, yet you are still rooted.
- Unrelenting Assault: was nerfed to uselessness because it was too strong in PvP. Now we have pvp-pve split. Could be reverted back to how it was just in PvE (7 hits, 20% more damage).

Also I don’t see why Shiro has still Quickness on Impossible Odds. It makes no sense in the current meta, dealing basically less damage compared to Vengeful Hammers in a party with perma Quickness. It should be +20% damage flat or double hits like in GW1.

And the fact that we have basically 0 condi heal and no way around it is completely crazy and we are basically forced to use Jalis in every build, even for exploration, to avoid being crippled for hours.

(edited by Kidel.2057)

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

^ Phase traversal shouldn’t never been nerfed from energy 20 to energy 35. Now two ranged weapons and we still suck at chasing people disengaging.

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

Since 2015 Revenant has only seen nerfs basically. Maybe a very small buff in the last patch, but it has been nerf after nerf for 2 years now. It went from an amazing class to something just usable.

Now with this crappy elite spec it’s going to fall even more behind.

Does ANet hate Revenant?

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I think they don’t know what to do with it.

At launch it appeared they were trying to broaden the game’s appeal with a different style of combat. But they didn’t take it far enough. So they’ve got an unhappy compromise which doesn’t really please anyone.

Given both elite specs are crammed full of cooldowns my guess is that they’ll eventually change base revenant to be the same. That’s why I’m hesitant to buy PoF or get too invested in the game.

Even thieves got their first cooldown on a weapon ability with this expansion. That was a surprise.