Does it get better?

Does it get better?

in Revenant

Posted by: JayPanda.1304

JayPanda.1304

I’ve been leveling a rev for a couple days(should be 80 tomorrow hopefully). Will i actually enjoy the endgame as a rev? I’ve been a thief main for sometime and wanted to switch it up, but seems people have nothing but bad things to say about the class.

Does it get better?

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

What do you want to do in end game? If raid, we are still one of the 2 most shunned classes. If speed running fractals or dungeons and trying to push for a really fast clear then we are pretty much useless there. For anything else the class is serviceable and just comes down to the subjective question of is it fun for you? What has been annoying you currently about rev that makes you want to know if it gets better?

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Does it get better?

in Revenant

Posted by: JayPanda.1304

JayPanda.1304

Just from what I’ve heard. I’ve been doing map completion and I’ve been enjoying it, but some of my friends have bashed the class saying it’s lackluster in raids but can be useful in a couple fights from a Condi stand point.

Does it get better?

in Revenant

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Rev is weird in that its trait lines and various skills don’t synergize internally the way other classes do. Its like picking a bunch of abilities in isolation, and none of them compound properly with anything outside its Trait/Weapon/Legend combination. Devastation traits are the most flexible as they’re the most generic on triggers- but thats the one fringe case.

The problem right now is that Rev is a Support class where other classes will collectively do its job better, and still bring more to the group. This leaves its one strong niche as Condi damage…. to which Ranger does better, and offers better support to boot as Condi Druid. The nerfs have been unkind to Rev.

About the one place where its still uniquely powerful is WvW front line support…… which is attributed almost entirely to Pain Absorption being the only reliable source of Resistance in the game right now.

Does it get better?

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Can play glass hammer and trigger people in wvw. You play thief, hammer rev is thief with 1200 range cleaving and cool cc skills, minus stealth.

Does it get better?

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Will i actually enjoy the endgame as a rev?

You’d know best. The prof isn’t fundamentally different at end-game. If you enjoyed it up to this point then you’ll probably continue enjoying it.

Glint and it’s super handy perma speed boost is nigh obligatory. But unless you play both of your equipped legends (I don’t cos I despise GW2’s mad weapon / legend swapping) that won’t impact on how you play. Play one legend. Switch to Glint between fights for speed.

I’ve been a thief main for sometime and wanted to switch it up, but seems people have nothing but bad things to say about the class.

If you enjoy thief then you’ve a good chance of enjoying revenant.

Revenant cops so much flak because ANet half- kitten d it. Like they did thieves.

Some people like the freedom and flexibility of mana / energy / initiative style combat. Some people prefer the rigidity of cooldown driven rotations. With both thieves (because utilities have CDs) and revenants (because weapon abilities and many utilities have CDs, and also legend and weapon swap) they split the difference and arrived at an unhappy compromise which pleases neither crowd.

So all the people who were sold on the idea of revenant being a new freeform addition were very disappointed. And GW2’s existing playerbase who are accustomed to it’s cooldown driven rotations and not needing to worry about energy, were all like, “WTF do I need to worry about this energy nonsense?”