Dome of the Mists

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: Set.7461

Set.7461

haven’t seen a topic on this so I gotta say, this has been a great change with the update. The previous mandatory minor trait in retribution was Close Quarters and while 10% damage reduction from 360+ range is nice, I find Dome of the Mists superior in every way.

You get on demand projectile block that lasts for 8 seconds plus area pulsing weakness. This has been great when dealing with thieves/revs and other power classes. The QoL fall damage reduction is a nice touch now that gliding has been introduced. Pair it with a fast heal like Enchanting Daggers and you can sustain pretty well when you get jumped on.

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I like this dome the animation and wish i could upkeep it somehow. That said its only 4sec in pvp/wvw

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

but it does not synchronise with glint heal as you want to get hit when you use it.

but i guess it’s all about getting the crappy traits skills ready for renegade so sales are good.

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: Blue.1207

Blue.1207

but it does not synchronise with glint heal as you want to get hit when you use it.

but i guess it’s all about getting the crappy traits skills ready for renegade so sales are good.

Honestly this is such a design over sight it’s embarrassing.

[Maguuma] Since BETA – Just Bri
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

You mean like Herald trait that provides protection on heal skill use?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I been away for awhile and glad to see Fall Damage traits for all the classes were changed to make them more useful all around. Before now, I never took those traits. felt they were wasted traits. Thanks Anet

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: xiev.6905

xiev.6905

I am really hoping Anet can make this trait only proc when in combat.

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

its 4 sec which makes it bad. with 20 sec cd??? make it 8 sec again in pvp and wvw pls.
also if it could reflect could be great

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Set.7461

Yes, I would like it 8 seconds in pvp/wvw but to say it’s bad? It the only traitline in Ret that keeps you alive. The others let you die a bit slower. Even with the improved steadfast rejuvenation, it’s still not better that versed in stone. Considering it’s a minor trait, competing with close quarters, I’d say it’s good.

Given the track record of ANET unlinking traits from pve, we could likely see it work the full 8 seconds in all game modes.

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

You get on demand projectile block…

On demand?

It triggers off healing skills. Those have cooldowns.

This effect also has its own cooldown.

It’s hardly on demand.

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Set.7461

You’re arguing semantics. You want it? Use a healing skill. Worried about the cooldown? Learn to count. Don’t like it? Take close quarters and instead of getting hit with a 9k gun flame, you’ll ONLY eat 8.1k. It’s not hard. It’s a competitive alternative.

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

He means Facet of Light. It heals you for the damage you take, and the dome only appears when you consume facet of light. It contradicts pretty hard, since the dome minimizes damage at a point where you want to take as much damage as possible.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Dome of the Mists

in Revenant

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

He means Facet of Light. It heals you for the damage you take, and the dome only appears when you consume facet of light. It contradicts pretty hard, since the dome minimizes damage at a point where you want to take as much damage as possible.

this is the problem with retribution and dragon stance. if you have stability its also another 15% dmg reduction. which means retribution line isnt good with dragon rather with jallis.