[Dwarf] Inspiring Reinforcement after 3 Betas

in Revenant

Posted by: WarHawk.1892

WarHawk.1892

So this skill which I’ll just call a road from here on out to be short is one of my favorite in the game now, but what it makes up for in its cool animation and potential – it lacks in actual execution during gameplay. Perhaps this is just from a WvW or GvG standpoint, but I can’t help but notice: If you are running forward this skill lands behind you. How is stability going to help you charging into a battle if it can’t even keep up with your stride?

I believe this skill’s actual length is 600, which is equal to its range if I am correct. It sounds fine, but with the falling stone animation you’re always 1-step ahead of it. So you can clearly see, you either stop moving for it to land on you, or you turn around into it.

I found myself using the road quite literally – sideways a lot during engagements mostly for my guild’s backline (Light Armors/Damage Players)to run up and stand on for the stability as I would almost always be past where it would land.

My proposed solution would not be to change the skill itself. I think it is fine both in size, type of field, and even stability. But I believe making the cast range up to 900 would place a proper X<300 gap between the player character and the start of the field itself when running forward. Which should allow the player placing it to actually run through the field.

And one “possible” bug I noticed: The dragon legends facet F2 [Facet of Nature] when active (not popped for the boons) worked with all energy draining skills like [Vengeful Hammers]. But the saturday of the last beta at least it would not allow you to activate [Impossible Odds] from Shiro, graying it out.

So far I like the class more than Warrior or Guardian as both have always seemed to be too extreme one way or another for me, but I do enjoy both. This hits a happy medium I think so far in its versatility.

Commander Pintsize
YouTube
No Fear is Folly; Persevering over Fear is Couragous

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

The road is bad, it was in a really good spot the first time we had it so i don’t know why it was changed. It wasn’t overpowered, it was balanced, now it’s just kitten and next to useless in PvP unless you can predict you’re going to need stability in the next 3-4 seconds.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Posted by: MercenaryNote.8506

MercenaryNote.8506

And one “possible” bug I noticed: The dragon legends facet F2 [Facet of Nature] when active (not popped for the boons) worked with all energy draining skills like [Vengeful Hammers]. But the saturday of the last beta at least it would not allow you to activate [Impossible Odds] from Shiro, graying it out

Not a bug, You have 10 upkeep to spend. Facet of Nature takes -2 and Impossible Odds takes -10. adding those together makes for -12 total. You do not have enough upkeep to spend.

in Revenant

WarHawk.1892

Not a bug, You have 10 upkeep to spend. Facet of Nature takes -2 and Impossible Odds takes -10. adding those together makes for -12 total. You do not have enough upkeep to spend.

Ah ok got it. Thanks, I’d heard something about 10-upkeep before but didn’t realize you could not exceed it if you still had energy.

Commander Pintsize
YouTube

in Revenant

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

As a former Guardian roamer that only had a staff to swap to for swiftness, I feel your pain on this.

in Revenant

WarHawk.1892

As a former Guardian roamer that only had a staff to swap to for swiftness, I feel your pain on this.

I’ve wondered for a long time if standing still to stack the swiftness actually cancelled out the increased distance you span in X amount of time lol. It probably does not, but it still eats up a fair amount of that stacked speed waiting.

Talking about Guardians reminded me of Hallowed Ground which is 900 range and serves a very similar purpose to the revenant’s road. It is a fire field of course, not lightning, but at the end of the day neither one is really meant for damage. Both are stability fields we would stand inside, each has their own flavor and balance to the class they’re wielded by, but dang-it Hallowed Ground won’t land behind you if you don’t force it to lol…

Inspiring Reinforcement In case some1 reading did not play a Revenant in the betas; this is what we’re discussing.

Commander Pintsize
YouTube

(edited by WarHawk.1892)