Embrace the Darkness Feedback

in Revenant

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

It’s overlapping way too much with Unyielding Anquish + Traits + Mace #3 and Axe #5 if you are condi specced.

I cannot justify it’s use in the current state. In WvW I only use it to trigger Diabolic Inferno and then pop back out.

Hopefully we’ll get our old version back.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Admitedlly I haven’t played with it too much right now, but from just testing it real quick it definitely feels like this.
I feel conflicted with EtD. If I start using it, I basically can’t use anything else because I’m only going to get like 3 stacks of Torment or I spam everything and get like 15+ stacks in a few seconds(which can get cleansed instantly and it drops back down to a handful of stacks). I feel like this was tested only against Golems or PvE Mobs that barely move.

I’m going to continue playing with it, but it definitely isn’t as fun or effective as before.

in Revenant

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

It’s garbage now. EtD is worthless to use and barely contributes anything. PA has high cost for very little reward. Instead of destroying UA it should of kept the field but replace displacement with a knock back. The whole Mallyx legendary lacks cohesion and fluidity. Roy did a horrid job.

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Damage needs some tweaks, it’s low, but I have to admin that mallyx feels way easier to use now and even with druids in party healing every condi on you, you don’t lose damage.

However it’s mandatory in the first raid atm. You need its boon striping and condi damage for blue and red guardians. Maybe also the final one, I don’t know, client crashed.

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Damage needs some tweaks, it’s low, but I have to admin that mallyx feels way easier to use now and even with druids in party healing every condi on you, you don’t lose damage.

However it’s mandatory in the first raid atm. You need its boon striping and condi damage for blue and red guardians. Maybe also the final one, I don’t know, client crashed.

Haven’t tried Raids yet, but it’s pretty mindless in PvP now.
You just gotta decide which one is less effective: Unyielding Anguish or EtD.
Don’t even bother with Pain Absorption unless you know for certain that your team has weak conditions on them. You’ll just kill yourself(and not take anyone with you).

So, yea, awesome. He might be better for PvE technically, but he’s lost a lot of reward in PvP. Just spam Torment and hope for the best.

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I’ve been testing Mallyx out for a while and I agree.

Embrace the Darkness isn’t bad but unyielding anguish is just better nearly all the time.

I’m really enjoying using Unyielding anguish with Unrelenting Assault. It’s absolutely devastating in conquest. EtD, not so much.

in Revenant

Posted by: CorvidMP.3105

CorvidMP.3105

I’m think maybe keep it weak like it is now, just SEVERELY reduce it’s energy costs.
Makes less of an either/or choice with the other utilities, and also I’d get to walk around like kittened six eyed spike demon thing more.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Quite the opposite on my account, I love the new EtD. I was able to maintain a lot of torment stacks, even with cleanse. But, I do agree that energy cost is still a bit too much when you take into account other skill use.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

add push back to 5 targets on land let it give 2 torment instead of 1 and give it 4 sec cooldown

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

ho wait i was talking about the jump utility

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

This is always the problem in a resource limited system. When I gotta choose what to do with X amount of energy I have to consider what each skill does and which one will yield better results for that energy.

ETD needs another effect to really make it worth it’s cost.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Revenant

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I’ve been testing Mallyx out for a while and I agree.

Embrace the Darkness isn’t bad but unyielding anguish is just better nearly all the time.

I’m really enjoying using Unyielding anguish with Unrelenting Assault. It’s absolutely devastating in conquest. EtD, not so much.

I noticed as well, Unyielding Anguish is pretty good now even for power builds. In addition to chill, it pulses damage now, about 1k crits for my knights armor build.

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)