Energy cost on weapons

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

The new changes are cool and whatnot but can we remove the energy costs from weapons?

Balance cooldowns afterwards but it’s either autoattack spam to be able to use utilities or use weapon skills only at this point.

Not. Fun.

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: corwen.5798

corwen.5798

Am I the only one to think that deemands like these seem stupid, when one hasn’t even seen the revenant in it’s current, reworked state of balance?

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Am I the only one to think that deemands like these seem stupid, when one hasn’t even seen the revenant in it’s current, reworked state of balance?

no. because on paper the original concept seem good, but really is flawed. even developers make bad decisions. Remember Weapon Swap addition?

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

it was awful the first BWE, and not good the last one. Activating Impossible odds basically made it so you could only auto. The reason this only made it not good is that autochain with essentially perma quickness is still pretty strong. So maybe that’s what they intended?
It still seems like poor balance, though.

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: Loex.5104

Loex.5104

Yeah please make the revenant a stupid button smashing gameplay … We have not enough heavy easymode classes

/irony off

Really there was enough discussion on this forums if you are not able to handle the energy mechanic play something easier!! Revenant is finally the only heavy profession that requires a higher skill level to handle and this is great.

Stop trying to make the rev a noob profession and learn that the skills are not intended to be smashed on CD – we are no warriors and we don’t want to be ones.

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Stop trying to make the rev a noob profession and learn that the skills are not intended to be smashed on CD – we are no warriors and we don’t want to be ones.

obey me

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

This CANNOT be allowed to happen now that we have Glint. I would very much like that some of the skills have their energy cost reduced (like 15 to 10 and 10 to 5) but if they were all free, we could have things like permanent protection/regeneration+fury+might-mega-stacking whilst spamming weapon skills.

What we could also use is one or two traits relating to the regeneration rate of energy at the cost of something else. They could put it on the Salvation trait line since it doesn’t sound like anyone’s going to use it for any other reason at the moment (maybe the daze?).

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

So here I am with this amazing idea and everybody be like “lol no cuz u see its skillful 2 not mash all dem buttons like a noob we wanna autoattack 27/4”

My point was to make it easier to balance that’s all.

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

Energy changes can drastically change how strong the revenant is. So anet has to be careful there. I had some problems with the management too. But it was more like I couldn’t chain more than a few(1-3) skills before I ran out of energy. So you couldn’t create pressure on opponents sometimes. Its like to swap on shiro and use your elite, but than you have no more energy to set up a burst. (Don’t get me wrong the elite is strong and the energy costs has to be high)

But i don’t feel the flaw sometimes. I guess this could be fixed by not resetting energy after legend swap to 50 when you were above 50 before. Also some skills/traits for temporary better energy regeneration or instat gain of some energy would fit in well. It is like with the thief’s initiative, the player has to use it wisely.

As said if there will be changes they have to be done really really carefully

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Loex.5104

So here I am with this amazing idea and everybody be like “lol no cuz u see its skillful 2 not mash all dem buttons like a noob we wanna autoattack 27/4”

amazing idea

This Idea is neither amazing nor it is new – its a typical statement of ppl who don’t get the Mechanic and just spam all skills on cooldown

“we wanna autoattack 27/4”

*i think its a typo: you mean 24/7 ;D

if you end up having no energy for anything it is your bad gameplay that lead to that situation – nothing more nothing less. Learn 2 Play the Revenant or play something else (same for all classes)

Energy-management is pretty solid (always possible to talk about numbers on some skills of course)

Balance should not be your problem – balancing stuff without cooldown is always harder than stuff that just has cooldown. Thats not YOUR Problem … that’s the Job of ANet
And ripping off the whole class mechanic has nothing to do with balancing … you create a Warrior 2.0 with your “amazing idea”

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: NeroBoron.7285

NeroBoron.7285

//offtopic
Wasn’t rytlock a warrior before? So yes the revenant is a warrior 2.0

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Loex.5104

//offtopic
Wasn’t rytlock a warrior before? So yes the revenant is a warrior 2.0

Totally

But rytlock got trained in the mists and raised his skill level to be able to be a revenant
Same should the players do ;D → want to be a Rev? Get rid of the warrior typic button on cooldown smashing and learn handling resources

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Me personally I had 0 issues with energy. Then again I played a lot of thief to. I think with glint legend knowing which facets to keep active and then use once you enter cost will not be an issue at all as the actives have no energy cost. They simply made us stronger

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaiden Valor.7163

Kaiden Valor.7163

I never felt energy on weapons was an issue. There’s maybe a couple of instances where it needs to be tuned, but the fast cool down on skills kinda makes the energy our equivalent of skill cooldowns. Only we have more freedom to choose which skill to use because of the fast cooldowns.

As others have said. If you’ve managed to hit 0 energy and legend swap is still on cool down then you probably panicked and tried to spam skills rather than using the right ones at the right time.

Energy cost on weapons

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

I think they should make a 2 ressource system out of it.

Weaponskills costs energy, but they are creating a second resource (mistpower for example) which can be used for Utilityskills.