Essence Sap

Essence Sap

in Revenant

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Even though its a thief related skill, but a stolen ability from Revenant:

Essence Sap is extremly overpowered. I get a 4k crit against 3k armor (isnt much but hey?) and if the thief has double steal trait: its 8k with a 4 second slowdown. I mean wtf? Its CLEARLY overpowered, thieves even hunt Revs down in blobs just to get their steal ability. For a steal ability, this is clearly overpowered.

Essence Sap

in Revenant

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

A few of the stolen skills need rebalancing. Essence sap and consume plasma are both far too strong while throw gunk is terribly weak. The rest are decently balanced though there is no real reason why the ranger one is the only one with a CD on top of steal CD.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Essence Sap

in Revenant

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Some thief stolen skills have always been OP. Try being a mesmer and going up against Consume Plasma. Mesmers don’t even have a skill that can apply all boons when none of those boons are on you. Only Signet of Inspiration can technically apply all boons, but again, it requires boons to already be on you because it copies instead of applies them. Skull Fear and Whirling Axe are also pretty strong, but not totally OP (except with Pulminary Impact trait, and a smoke field respectively).

But then there are kitten weak stolen skills, like the above mentioned Throw Gunk and Healing Seed. Mace Head Crack can be powerful with PI trait and Ice Shard stab applies chill and good damage, so it’s also powerful (mainly because chill is an OP condition).

Essence Sap

in Revenant

Aury.1367

Mesmers don’t even have a skill that can apply all boons when none of those boons are on you.

And Essence Sap is a OP rip off by the downed… DOWNED attack from Rev. Well I keep this issue updated so some dev will finally fix it. Every thief I meet is either condi or spams Essence Sap on me, and if you want to cleanse it with your only cleanse on staff the animation takes so long you will be easily interrupted which adds interupt traits/sigils. Yey.

Essence Sap

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Its been overpowered since day 1 and they dont see it as issue cus 4k crits and 50% slow uptime when trained vs class that no real means of condi cleanse is totally balanced.

Also worth note the fact that tooltip wise this skill is much weaker, it even says only 1sec slow when you steal it.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Essence Sap

in Revenant

Aury.1367

Cant be that Devs are doing NOTHING, Im not into pvp, but shouldnt be the same issue over there? And since they dont give a kitten about WvW but care about PvP… well then shouldnt they worry?

Essence Sap

in Revenant

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

A few of the stolen skills need rebalancing. Essence sap and consume plasma are both far too strong while throw gunk is terribly weak. The rest are decently balanced though there is no real reason why the ranger one is the only one with a CD on top of steal CD.

Pretty sure the ranger steal has a CD because of the way it cleanses condis, with improv it would be slightly OP vs condi ranger otherwise.

Essence sap is pretty crazy strong, you can kill your average glass rev with an interrupt from steal with mug traited, two essence saps and a shadowshot. It was fair while retribution was worth running to counter interrupt damage, but it’s way too strong now.

That said, I’d rather see the nerf on unwavering avoidance undone, and then have enhanced bulwark nerfed with a 5-8s CD or changed outright since that was the actual problem with rev stab in the first place.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Essence Sap

in Revenant

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Some thief stolen skills have always been OP. Try being a mesmer and going up against Consume Plasma.

Your concern isn’t about all the boons it applies, its about the 2.5 seconds of resistance. If consume plasma lost all boons except for Resistance – I bet you’d still complain. A mesmer can easily stealth and reposition, or cycle blocks/distortion if they really want to wait out those 10seconds of all boons. But I guarantee this complaint here is coming from a Condi roamer point of view, which doesn’t need any buff, nor indirect buff (nerf to counterplay) what-so-ever.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Essence Sap

in Revenant

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Some thief stolen skills have always been OP. Try being a mesmer and going up against Consume Plasma.

Your concern isn’t about all the boons it applies, its about the 2.5 seconds of resistance. If consume plasma lost all boons except for Resistance – I bet you’d still complain. A mesmer can easily stealth and reposition, or cycle blocks/distortion if they really want to wait out those 10seconds of all boons. But I guarantee this complaint here is coming from a Condi roamer point of view, which doesn’t need any buff, nor indirect buff (nerf to counterplay) what-so-ever.

Consume Plasma was a problem for mesmers before resistance even existed, so that’s not the issue.

Mind you, the thing that really makes thief a bad matchup for mesmer is that a thief in stealth basically shuts down most of the mesmer’s mechanics – can’t summon an illusion on a stealthed target, after all. Consume Plasma just adds insult to injury.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.