FIX SWORD DAMAGE

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Seriously, what the hell?

Sword actually gets nerfed, but they won’t fix the actual damage bug on it. It’s not hitting for anywhere near what it’s meant to on Sword 2, yet it was actually touched this patch.

Even though you’re doing nothing but nerfing the class, could you at least fix the biggest bug associated with it? If this was something like Lava Font it’d be fixed within the day.

noice

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

More nerfs, f bugs cus logic. Also that range on precision strike feels so bad. Will take a while before i get used to that…..

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: CutesySylveon.8290

CutesySylveon.8290

Hitting for 3k on all 3 hits if they all hit you is nowhere near what it’s meant to?

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

You mean as in hitting too hard right?

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

lol, Revenant has the highest mainhand sword autoattack DPS in game, with the autoattack with one of the greatest vulnerability stacking capabilities.

If there’s one class that’s not underpowered in the game, it’s revenant.

Mallyx and Ventari might need some buffs for PvE, but that’s about it.

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: Arahmitz.2196

Arahmitz.2196

Highest dmg? Not really now.
The problem is that it has been lowered cuz of impossible odds while every other char benefits from quickness without it. I’D say first – fix that kitten bug and second – buff sword auto for 50% of what it was prenerf.

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

lol, Revenant has the highest mainhand sword autoattack DPS in game

Hello, its 2016 here. How 2015 is doing?

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Daredevil uses staff for DPS. What other class uses mainhand sword for DPS?

Mesmer is the lowest DPS ingame. Their sword autos did about 30% less damage than thief sword before thief sword was even biffed.

Ranger sword DPS is only slightly above mesmer.

I mean, how hard is it for you to understand that Herald DPS tests put him at 30k DPS while mesmer and ranger, the only two other sword users, are 24k DPS and below?

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Just fyi, a dev said “sword scaling – known issue on our radar. it’s a tech issue of firing skills in different ways in the back end. The damage will have to be looked at and adjusted once this is fixed.”

So just because it gets fixed, don’t expect some sudden massive shift in damage. I do think people are fooling themselves here crutching on this bug as if it’s going to make a world of difference. It might, but they also seem totally prepared to nerf it at the same time as they fix it. I’d expect minimal change.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Mesmer is the lowest DPS ingame. Their sword autos did about 30% less damage than thief sword before thief sword was even biffed.

I mean, how hard is it for you to understand that Herald DPS tests put him at 30k DPS while mesmer and ranger, the only two other sword users, are 24k DPS and below?

You are conveniently ignoring guardians, warriors and thieves. The last one is the actual holder of the strongest sword AA it’s just that other weapons have a even higher AA DPS.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

You are conveniently ignoring guardians, warriors and thieves. The last one is the actual holder of the strongest sword AA it’s just that other weapons have a even higher AA DPS.

To add to this, comparing same weapon types of each class is very pointless and a wrong way of thinking. You need to look at the function of what the weapons are supposed to be/designed to be doing. In this case if a comparison of Revenant Sword, a power DPS weapon, is to be made, you need to look at other classes’ power DPS weapon. Other profession’s swords aren’t necessarily performing the same function as the Revenant sword.

Example, comparing a Revenant Mace to a Guardian Mace. These two have completely different functions even though they are both the same weapon type. One is a condi weapon, the other is a bunker utility weapon.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Just fyi, a dev said “sword scaling – known issue on our radar. it’s a tech issue of firing skills in different ways in the back end. The damage will have to be looked at and adjusted once this is fixed.”

So just because it gets fixed, don’t expect some sudden massive shift in damage. I do think people are fooling themselves here crutching on this bug as if it’s going to make a world of difference. It might, but they also seem totally prepared to nerf it at the same time as they fix it. I’d expect minimal change.

For precision strike maybe but UA? Its already been nerfed hard and does less than autoatk. “Adjusting” it damage would be a bad move. I swear if they nerf it damage im completely done with this game.

Im also curious about the split damage sword does if they ever plan to make any change regardless it. Teamfight or vs mesmer/mm necro? Both precision strike and ua are waste of energy in current state.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

I swear if they nerf it damage im completely done with this game.

It seems that they want to keep the damage the same in PvP (therefore nerfing it). It would be stronger in WvW and PvE.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

It seems that they want to keep the damage the same in PvP (therefore nerfing it). It would be stronger in WvW and PvE.

To keep it the same in spvp but increase in wvw/pve they would have to buff scaling, but it wont change the fact about UA still doing less damage than autoatk atm. It still doesnt solve the issue with sword being the only weapon in game that loses it damage to target as more stuff show up.

I mean im not that kittened to attack mesmer clones over the real one, why my character is? I mist? I dont buy their “rev need to separate target” stuff as its not possible in current state unless they give us Shiro ability from gw1 to banish our target to another dimension without all the al crap.
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Echoing_Banishment

If they want sword to be multi target reason due to Shiro lore, then why sword becomes crap vs multi targets? That also goes to Shiro healing ability which is nearly impossible to use under group focus. I mean sorry but in this case Shiro should be stronger vs multi targets than now. I often feel more useful in terms of dps with staff than sword when it comes to teamfight and that is wrong cause staff is utility weapon while sword is our only dps option. This is not even pvp issue but also pve, espesially raids with all the trash orbs and such.

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

To keep it the same in spvp but increase in wvw/pve they would have to buff scaling.

They actually wouldn’t PvP uses a level 78 exotic coefficient. In WvW and PvE you are usually using ascended or at least level 80 exotic gear…

This is the exact quote

Is revenant going to get the polish it deserves?

• Bugged sword scaling which was addressed in the bugs you are looking at but is still untouched.
  • Sword skill 2 hitting random, non-selectable targets (blue orbs at VG)
  • Jalis hammers turning off on inclines.
  • Only 2 underwater legends

sword scaling – known issue on our radar. it’s a tech issue of firing skills in different ways in the back end. The damage will have to be looked at and adjusted once this is fixed.

sword 2 targets – this is a known issue that needs some new tech to resolve but we know about it and it’s on our radar to fix.

jalis hammers – on just inclines? it shouldn’t end unless you run out of energy, turn it off or the projectiles hit walls. The projectiles should be hovering above the ground so they should follow the terrain of inclines.

uw legends – we know right now there aren’t many options. The work has to be weighed against other things we are working on but we’d like to eventually make more legends useable underwater.

From the post patch AMA.

Not saying that the damage will stay the same but that’s the impression it gave. (In PvE the best rotation right now is pure AA because of it)

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

They actually wouldn’t PvP uses a level 78 exotic coefficient. In WvW and PvE you are usually using ascended or at least level 80 exotic gear…

Take off devastation line and compare damage difference between thrust and precision strike (invidual hit). Precision strike deals less despite having higher tooltip.

This is the exact quote

Is revenant going to get the polish it deserves?

• Bugged sword scaling which was addressed in the bugs you are looking at but is still untouched.
  • Sword skill 2 hitting random, non-selectable targets (blue orbs at VG)
  • Jalis hammers turning off on inclines.
  • Only 2 underwater legends

sword scaling – known issue on our radar. it’s a tech issue of firing skills in different ways in the back end. The damage will have to be looked at and adjusted once this is fixed.

sword 2 targets – this is a known issue that needs some new tech to resolve but we know about it and it’s on our radar to fix.

jalis hammers – on just inclines? it shouldn’t end unless you run out of energy, turn it off or the projectiles hit walls. The projectiles should be hovering above the ground so they should follow the terrain of inclines.

uw legends – we know right now there aren’t many options. The work has to be weighed against other things we are working on but we’d like to eventually make more legends useable underwater.

From the post patch AMA.

Not saying that the damage will stay the same but that’s the impression it gave. (In PvE the best rotation right now is pure AA because of it)

Im aware of this post. But it in no way address the issue i brought about reducing our damage to single target as more enemies show up let it be players, player minions or group of mobs in pve.

Like i said sword is the only weapon in this game that behaves this way which lead us to either reworking all weapons in game to behave the same way or bring sword in line to rest. Sword in current state is unacceptable for me

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Take off devastation line and compare damage difference between thrust and precision strike (invidual hit). Precision strike deals less despite having higher tooltip.

Tooltip uses weapon modifier.

About sword rework it’s probably a good idea making it less binary.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

FIX SWORD DAMAGE

in Revenant

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Mace as well… Two skills hardly ever hit anything..