First Thing I am Doing This Friday

in Revenant

Posted by: sprhavkdogi.9408

sprhavkdogi.9408

I am going to take a revenant and jump in the water. I am still most curious to see how revenants fight underwater, especially Ventari. Anyone else curious how an underwater revenant will work? After all we still need to be able to run hotw p2/p3 on them right? RIGHT!?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

It will probably be as the last time, with simply no weaponskills underwater.
We’ll probably get to try underwater combat when it’s announced/ready™

EDIT: gonna use Rev then Dragonslayer…ehm…hunter

(edited by Kidel.2057)

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

There won’t be any underwater for the revenant this weekend. When it’s ready™ Soon™

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

/fifteencharacters

Attachments:

in Revenant

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

First thing I have to do is flip a coin, Reaper or Revenant. X.x

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Revenant

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

First thing I have to do is flip a coin, Reaper or Revenant. X.x

Dragonhunter <3 after that revenant as i need time to prepare being eated by anyone running condi

obey me

in Revenant

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

There won’t be any underwater for the revenant this weekend. When it’s ready™ Soon™

:( underwater combat is one of my favorite features in gw2, sad to see it getting no love in the game anymore.

please please please make the skills fun well you finally getting around to making them.

if rev has boring/bland underwater skills imma be so sad

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

I’m pretty sure it will be polished before HoT.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Aww dang. Well, it’s okay Roy. I forgive you. Guess I can’t jump into the lake next to Speldan or the waterfall next to Anz when running from zergs this weekend xD

:( underwater combat is one of my favorite features in gw2, sad to see it getting no love in the game anymore.

please please please make the skills fun well you finally getting around to making them.

if rev has boring/bland underwater skills imma be so sad

I’m hoping eventually they’ll find a way to make regular weapon skills work underwater and bring underwater skills above land.

I think AOEs underwater should be represented as 3d spheres, if possible. That way you can target specific areas in the water as opposed to just the ground.

in Revenant

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I think AOEs underwater should be represented as 3d spheres, if possible. That way you can target specific areas in the water as opposed to just the ground.

trouble is, how will you determine the third dimension?

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

this can be only accomplished if you give skills a fixed distance or a fixed plane. Without that it’s impossible to know what point in the 3D space your mouse is over.
You have to fix a plane (like on ground target) or the distance. Even a skill with just a direction needs one of those 2 parameters, otherwise the game can’t be able to determine where you want your skill to go.

That’s simply because your monitor (or the place your mouse is on) is 2D. There is a lack of informations you need to compensate by adding constraints.

EDIT: kitten you Narrrz outspeeding me

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

this can be only accomplished if you give skills a fixed distance or a fixed plane. Without that it’s impossible to know what point in the 3D space your mouse is over.
You have to fix a plane (like on ground target) or the distance. Even a skill with just a direction needs one of those 2 parameters, otherwise the game can’t be able to determine where you want your skill to go.

That’s simply because your monitor (or the place your mouse is on) is 2D. There is a lack of informations you need to compensate by adding constraints.

EDIT: kitten you Narrrz outspeeding me

Yeah I was thinking that. They could give every ground target skill a set distance underwater. Closer rather than further as most combat underwater is generally done at around 200-600 range from my experience. Anyway, just a thought. I wouldn’t mind underwater combat if it wasn’t so limited.

I mean, I played Archeage for about a week and actually didn’t mind the underwater combat there because it didn’t change very much from above water.

in Revenant

Kidel.2057

you can only do that for projectiles, because it’s pretty annoying to miss a target just because it’s closer then the fixed range.

Best way to do aoes underwater is directly around target or around you. And both ways are used in the game.

(edited by Kidel.2057)