Fix Jalis this Balance Patch

in Revenant

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

We all know that Jalis is complete trash in 90% of the game. It’s only real use is the hammers for extra DPS in PvE. Even then Mallyx is arguably almost as good and you use Shiro anyway if you don’t have a chrono.

Jalis is completely underpowered and outshone by every other legend. It has some really great ideas but due to balance on this legend being largely neglected after BWE3, they remained undertuned. The core problem with this Legend is that on paper it seems fine but in practice it is completely unusable in any serious competitive setting.

Right now there are two major issues with Jalis that completely hold it back.

Rite of the Great Dwarf

In principle, this skill is great. It’s a nice AoE damage reduction with condi reduction while traited. The problem is the cast time is still too long. I was a pretty big supporter of reducing it to the level it is now, but if I’m entirely honest it just isn’t enough, not with the duration that you currently get.

I’m not going to try and make any major suggestions for how to change this, other than maybe just removing the cast time and the stun break, because this thread is just about us getting actual buffs to Jalis. There’s a hundred suggestions in this forum for how to change it.

Inspiring Reinforcement

As with RotGD, on paper this skill rocks, in practice it’s a complete waste of 30 energy.

The stability just takes far too long to proc, along with the field being too restrictive and the stability being too weak in the current meta.

I think the recurring theme I’ve seen for changes is to just make this an AoE skill similar to Stand Your Ground and to add the Stunbreak from RotGD onto this skill. It’s what I’m preferential to, but again, any major buff is what matters. Make this skill useful, make the stability instant.

These two skills are the biggest reasons why Jalis sees no serious use in PvP or WvW, and when they are used they’re mediocre at best. The legend was completely neglected last patch. Please don’t make the same mistake this time.

noice

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Look, he hopes for any changes to underpowered legends ;D

If anything there will be only nerfs due to the crying community haha

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I can only hope…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

mexay.3902

Hey, a guy can have hope.

Seriously though if it’s just a few small nerfs like last patch I’ll be fuming. Jalis is completely crap and Retribution is entirely too passive. Really needs some changes.

noice

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

This is Anet.. no hope allowed unless youre masochist. Reality sux but oh well.

Im not sure what problem people have with retribution honestly, all traits are passives in one way or another. What i want is a revert to stab dodge nerf cause it didnt needed any nerf in the first place.. Karl behind the scenes haha.

in Revenant

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Jalis needs some help. Bump.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

A lot of Revenant should be fixed this Balance Patch, not only Jalis and Ventari.

Should.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Yeah like.. where are ranged weapons? Both condi (espesially condi) and power has none.

in Revenant

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yeah like.. where are ranged weapons? Both condi (espesially condi) and power has none.

Hammer is ranged power for revenant yes?

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Whats that? Never heard about ranged hammer before. Can i kite people and deal proper amount of damage with it?

in Revenant

Justine.6351

Whats that? Never heard about ranged hammer before. Can i kite people and deal proper amount of damage with it?

Yes you can deal proper amount of dmg with it. Yes you can kite with any revenant weapon so long as you use shiro.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

You mean i can crit someone for 4k if im lucky as opening, swap to sword and pretent i dont have wep swap, cause once i swap back to hammer i might as well /dance and type gg?

Shiro.. do you mean i have to use Shiro+waste all my energy to kite someone for 2 seconds while other ranged weps comes with knockbacks, chills/cripple/immobilize, gap openers and even stealth while this garbage has nothing of it?

Besides, hammer is a Jalis weapon, not Shiro. Do you see a connection here?

I want viable ranged wep choice, not garbage like Jalis – for me rev doesnt have any ranged weapon. Sword doing better job as ranged weapon than hammer and that sums it up. Hammer died in the moment where CoR cd was raised by 100%

in Revenant

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

tbh…jalis is just as good as most non-hot stuff…

in Revenant

Justine.6351

You mean i can crit someone for 4k if im lucky as opening, swap to sword and pretent i dont have wep swap, cause once i swap back to hammer i might as well /dance and type gg?

Shiro.. do you mean i have to use Shiro+waste all my energy to kite someone for 2 seconds while other ranged weps comes with knockbacks, chills/cripple/immobilize, gap openers and even stealth while this garbage has nothing of it?

I want viable ranged wep choice, not garbage like Jalis – for me rev doesnt have any ranged weapon. Sword doing better job as ranged weapon than hammer and that sums it up. Hammer died in the moment where CoR cd was raised by 100%

Lol at that rant about hammer being too weak and yet every Rev uses it and wrecks face with it.

About hammer being a jails weapon, I don’t see the connection that makes that true.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Lol at that rant about hammer being too weak and yet every Rev uses it and wrecks face with it.

About hammer being a jails weapon, I don’t see the connection that makes that true.

AFAIK hammer is only used in WvW and only for ZvZ.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

What? Probably talking about PVE cause otherwise good joke.

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Jalis is standard for when you have quickness (99% of the time in raids)

Anet make Rev great again.

in Revenant

Justine.6351

AFAIK hammer is only used in WvW and only for ZvZ.

Oh yeah that’s where I play sorry. But even the roamers and duelers use it there.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Try dueling servers and show me anyone using hammer rev there.. better yet, make your own video pwning people with it, good luck, im interesed to see one personally.

WvW dueling is not something i can take serious, usually people there lack mechanical skill but makes up for it by broken gear. Perx runes are a regular thing there for obvious reason as one example.

The fact remains – hammer is trash just like his “master” Jalis. Both worth each other..

in Revenant

mexay.3902

Wow guys this isn’t about Hammer. Take that discussion somewhere else.

Jalis is standard for when you have quickness (99% of the time in raids)

Yes but it’s still rubbish everywhere else. The only reason you bring it is because it’s ever so slightly more dps than the mallyx elite. The rest of the skills are still literally useless in raids, open world, pve and are incredibly underwhelming in WvW. One single skill doesn’t make a legend good.

noice

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I think Ventari needs fixing well before Jalis. At least Jalis can be used in most content. Ventari is only useful in maybe 5% of the game….. and that’s pushing it imo.

I’d actually argue Jalis’ usefulness with what most of you are saying. I use Jalis a lot. My issues with him is that the skill costs seem to be a bit high across the board, and the Road needs to apply instant stability and then pulse on the road.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: DonEllz.6312

DonEllz.6312

Jalis is meta for WvW and GvG guilds..

Its Not Apho – Necromancer – Callous Philosophy [LaG] – Anguîsh [Ash]

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

There is no point in running Jalis right now when you can get the elite for free just by slotting the GM trait.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

in Revenant

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Jalis sees use in WvW mainly for frontline revs but I feel as though it could use some usability improvements

Inspiring Reinforcement: could give stability instantly instead of with the delay , also energy could be reduced slightly

Soothing Stone / Heal : could remove conditions before the heal

Forced Engagement: reduced energy cost (it has a cooldown of 5 seconds already)

Ventari needs more help & Mallyx could use a 900 ranged mainhand / 2 hand weapon (shortbow perhaps).

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in Revenant

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

I have found Jalis REALLY useful in zerg WvW fights (i run jalis/herald in zerg, and herald/shrio in roam).

I play my rev as a mele (3.9k armor) staff+ sword/shild so the extra tank from jalis is really helpful.

e.g his heal can remove 3 condi, and if you use the right skill trait in retribution then his elite skill will also reduce condi damage by 50%.

then there is the skill that gives stability (Inspiring Reinforcement) which lets me stack up 6 stacks of stability for 10 seconds (i have 100% boon duration). also if a DH use one of them kittening traps on me or my allies, I can lay it down and walk out of the trap.

also Forced Engagement has 1200 range, so any aggressive ele that trys to get to close I will target them with it.

I really like the team play of jalis which shrio does not really have.

only thing i dont like is that his skills uses so much energy.

in Revenant

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

^. I don’t think anyone will disagree with Ventari needing a buff but not Jalis. Jalis is fine damage reduction just taking a sneeze and crazy spammable CC.

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

^. I don’t think anyone will disagree with Ventari needing a buff but not Jalis. Jalis is fine damage reduction just taking a sneeze and crazy spammable CC.

Wat?
/15charrs

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Wat?
/15charrs

kkkkkkkkk

Stella Truth Seeker

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Wat?
/15charrs

kkkkkkkkk

Jalis is OP!!!! How can you not love road and forced engagement? Those 10 stacks of stability at a low cooldown. Those chains that never miss. And that heal!! How many times has it saved me from Poison!?

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari