Fix Revenants Underwater!

in Revenant

Posted by: Kuulpb.5412

Kuulpb.5412

Honestly, revenants Underwater atm SUCK. Our spears di sh—— damage, our legends underwater give us NO survivability, and all out damage is based on condis. atm I am utterly useless in Aquatic Ruins fractal as I die fast and can’t do anything. Just FIX MY UNDERWATER SKILLS. Also.. What kind of idiot wouldn’t let me use glint the ELITE SPECIALIZATION underwater -.-

Some days I feel like I can’t go on…. and then I eat Garlic.

in Revenant

Posted by: Galbedir.9178

Galbedir.9178

Woah woah…just breathe. I main Rev, and while I agree that we should be able to use the Elite spec underwater, that’s just ridiculous, I have probably run more underwater fractals at 40+ then I can count and hardly die. I’m sure the skills could use some adjusting…but take a chill pill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

They did say that they intend to fix it after they fix our other issues.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Kuulpb.5412

Ok my main issue is, In the underwater fractal, maybe 79? or around, I took LOADS of damage, and did barely any except for using the skill 3 explode and skill 4 shadowstep.

I couldn’t heal much, I was full berserker at the time etc.

in Revenant

Kuulpb.5412

I should also say, I want to main rev as I love the lore behind the legends, as I played GW1. the cooldowns are a bad idea ot have with an energy cost ( see thief initiative). so It just make sme bummed that 2 of the reasons I don’t want to main rev are major points to the profession.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Ok my main issue is, In the underwater fractal, maybe 79? or around, I took LOADS of damage, and did barely any except for using the skill 3 explode and skill 4 shadowstep.

I couldn’t heal much, I was full berserker at the time etc.

Use skill 2 as a AA instead of 1. In case you didn’t notice skill 1 is the condi AA skill 2 is the power AA.
AFAIK the highest damage on power rev while underwater is spamming 2 under IO/embrace darkness.

What we lack in our UW weapon is healing…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Kuulpb.5412

I did notice, but when the enemy is a giant jellyfish who stuns you if you get close. it’s kind of hard ot use skill 2, HENCE why I made the post…

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Our spears di sh—— damage

Even tried 2+impossible odds? I do agree that rest of the skills doesnt do much damage but saying that rev underwater is kitten is just.. i guess you have never played guardian underwater.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in Revenant

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Honestly the first thing I noticed special about rev was the amazing 2 skill that could be spammed. The jelly fish is a bit harder, but I guess just range it till the break bar shatters and go at it. I’ve honestly haven’t been met with underwater challenge till Fractal 76, but it wasn’t game breaking new difficulty.

in Revenant

Kuulpb.5412

WHat is it and people going"! you’ve never played guard underwater" I like guard underwater tyvm. I don’t see anything wrong. :/

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

WHat is it and people going"! you’ve never played guard underwater" I like guard underwater tyvm. I don’t see anything wrong. :/

Maybe bc guard damage underwater is beyond pathetic? Theres literally no comprasion between rev and guard.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Kuulpb.5412

btw, can we get a dev or gm to realise nerfing shiro survivability means less survivability underwater with legends? :P

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

btw, can we get a dev or gm to realise nerfing shiro survivability means less survivability underwater with legends? :P

Not so sure about that some skills on underwater legends weren’t updated and this might be the case.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Kuulpb.5412

Well shiro was nerfed, less evasion, less healing, etc.

in Revenant

Varezenem.2813

Well shiro was nerfed, less evasion, less healing, etc.

That is what is in the patch notes what I said is check it in game the underwater legends because they are not the same.

Edit:
Checked it and they did update shiro.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Kuulpb.5412

I told you so! :P, les survivability, means I, as someone used to warrior with the damage immunities and condi immunities, finds it… harder than usual, to quite that playstyle.

I want to stop being warrior as it is the stereotypical “easy mode” and I want a really hard profession to play, that I like, but it changes from hard to bad when the skills underwater just.. are bad. you have to be close range to do power damage, and the legend suppose dot help you with power damage, shiro, was nerfed meaning you can’t do that as often.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I’m not sure why in hell they forced us into mallyx. By now I would prefer Jalis+Shiro if they’re not giving us Glint.

I don’t know what is it with Anet’s obsession with useless hybrid weapons that help nobody.

The useful PvE specs are power based because any condi spec that doesn’t have access to burning has pretty terrible PvE DPS, since torment and confusion suck on PvE mobs since they don’t even move and rarely attack.

Also, what’s killing you in Aquatic Ruins T4 is what’s killing everybody: Afflicted instability. You get spammed with burning/poison/ 5 stacks of confusion and those 5 stacks of confusion just wreck you.

It’s not special to rev, that T4 Aquatic ruins screws everybody up. It’s just that rev doesn’t even have a proper ranged autoattack.