Forced Engagement

Forced Engagement

in Revenant

Posted by: Arkaile.5604

Arkaile.5604

Let’s go over what this skill does.

Forced Engagement is a cc which takes 0.5sec to fire a somewhat slow projectile at a target within a 1200 unit range. It applies taunt and slow for 2sec at a cost of 25 energy and recently had its cd increased to 10sec.

It is countered by strafing, stability, stun breaks, condi cleanse, resistance, blocks, projectile hate, and it’s slow enough that most should see it coming and simply dodge. Not only that, but Improved Aggression doesn’t increase the taunt’s duration on player characters with the only benefit outside of pve being its 20% damage reduction from taunted foes. Great, that single auto-attack a rev will be hit with over the duration of the taunt will do 20% less damage.

This utility is unreliable at best and 25 energy is still too much for something which so frequently fails to make a notable impact; why it needed a nerf to compensate for the decrease in energy cost from 35 to 25 is beyond me. Forced Engagement already had a 5sec cd and a large cost, there’s no way anyone was spamming it. I understand Jallis is a stone dwarf, but that doesn’t mean he needs to have longer cooldowns.

I know the changes to this skill aren’t meaningful, nothing has changed, I just don’t think Jallis or any other legend should be balanced in this manner.

Forced Engagement

in Revenant

Posted by: allias.1420

allias.1420

I agree, when I looked at this skill change, I immediately thought it is useless anyway. Not to mention the fact that it’s gone from 5 cd to 10 cd. That there is a huge nerf in itself. So overall it feels more like a negative balance than a positive one. Completely unnecessary, not sure where Anet were heading with this one.