Gamebreaking sword bug

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/454fjv/revenant_sword_skills_are_not_affected_by_weapon/

No wonder the auto chain, precision strike and UA feel weak right now.

They do NOT scale with weapon strength!

Anet please fix

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Thats not just sword. Its seems to be ALL weapon skills and utilities.

Gg, wp Anet… really wp.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Thats not just sword. Its seems to be ALL weapon skills and utilities.

Gg, wp Anet… really wp.

That would explain a few things…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Confidence level of this being looked at by Anet by the next balance update?

… 34% decrease …

+

Preparation Thrust: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 11%.
Brutal Blade: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 20%.
Rift Slash: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 10%.
Unrelenting Assault: The number of attacks this skill makes has been reduced from 7 to 5. The damage of each strike has been increased by 10%. The strikes from this skill are no longer affected by animation time-scale, as quickness provided no benefit and slow would cause the attack to never hit.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Bovan.9481

Bovan.9481

Responded in the reddit topic as well, this really isn’t as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Our damage is fine and our class still functions normally. The only thing that is a big issue at the moment is Precision Strike’s projectiles flying off all over the place into environmental objects.

Bovan Ironwrench – Bovan Sundermist
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Responded in the reddit topic as well, this really isn’t as big of a deal as people make it out to be. Our damage is fine and our class still functions normally. The only thing that is a big issue at the moment is Precision Strike’s projectiles flying off all over the place into environmental objects.

“Some quick testing is telling me that these skills are using the default “unequipped” strength of 690, causing them to do 69% of the tooltip-suggested damage in PvE, and 75% in PvP."

“Our Herald was complaining that his autos went from like 10-13k in raids down to 4k.”

That sounds like a big issue.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

19k dps in raids is not fine /shrug

And lol about “fuctions normally”. My list would like to have a word with you.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Bovan.9481

“Our Herald was complaining that his autos went from like 10-13k in raids down to 4k.”

Yeah, those numbers are made up. The last one is anyway.

Damage-wise that is. Bugs are a different topic.
Hell I even complained about precision Strike in the same breath.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Hunter.4783

Yeah, those numbers are made up. The last one is anyway.

Damage-wise that is. Bugs are a different topic.
Hell I even complained about precision Strike in the same breath.

Those numbers are exaggerated most likely

However, the fact is that precision strike does LESS damage than the tooltip…

Each projectile hits less than expected AND not to mention the tracking is a complete mess and an insult to every Revenant player… A skill projectile locking on houses instead of players in sPVP is the same as giving the middle finger to them

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Bovan.9481

However, the fact is that precision strike does LESS damage than the tooltip…

Each projectile hits less than expected AND not to mention the tracking is a complete mess and an insult to every Revenant player… A skill projectile locking on houses instead of players in sPVP is the same as giving the middle finger to them

Yup, I agree on both points. But our damage really isn’t so low that the entire class is instantly not taken to any content anymore. Our damage before was rather high for what we provide to a group. That of course doesn’t excuse the tooltip but I’m not sure what all the fuss is really about.

Precision Strike is something I’ve been complaining about the day we got our patch that introduced it. Hell I’ve been so annoyed over it that I’ve been playing different classes in our raids lately. I fear if this isn’t at least acknowledged soon I may completely switch over to a Druid instead.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

In theory both precision strike (lol precision..) and ua working as intended. They are supposed to hit everything in their radius. If you cast them, you hit yellow mobs, you hit ambient mobs and you hit.. random objects. They cannot be damaged or anything, but they are still there.

Its not something that you can fix unless you rework these skills to single target. Simple as that.

But nvm the thing is.. rev is the most broken class Noone has so many bugs. Most of them are terrain related as our skills was designed in some weird way that i dont understand at all

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Bovan.9481

I’m fine with the strikes hitting things like ambient creatures in a way, at least you can see those. What frustrates me to no end is when they fly into things like rocks, tar pools from Slick, walls and so forth. Those things don’t even have a hitbox or anything we are meant to be able to attack. I don’t work for arenanet and I don’t know anything about game design. But I have the feeling it’s a case of a checkbox not being ticked, or else things like Overload Air from an Elementalist would hit these same spots as well.

The class does have a whole ton of issues mostly related to walls. But for most things I feel there is a way to work around the problems. Our damage I personally feel is not one of the major problems or something that needs the most attention.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Bovan.9481)

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

There is one problem. We got nerfed but also buffed as “compensation” by moving damage from auto and ua to precision strike.

Dev looked at tooltips and it looked fine for him while making these changes without realizing that we actually deal less damage than intended in the first place. Its explains that 19k lol dps.
Its not a minor issue, its huge gamebreaking one.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Bovan.9481

And our damage is still fine for what we provide. You’re trying to make it seem 19k DPS (which is an inaccurate number as well, fyi) is so low that suddenly no one wants to use a Revenant anymore. We’re not taken to content for the damage, we provide some of the best buffing capabilities and we’re fantastic when it comes to breaking breakbars. We provide a whole lot of other utility on top of it in the lines of being able to perma-blind, block projectiles, grant resistance and clear conditions, have the unique ability of sharing out boonduration and the list goes on. If you’re looking to get Elementalist-worthy DPS on top of it we would be beyond broken as a class.

Even in PvP our damage is really not one of the things that is holding back the class.

I do want to add to this post that if our damage is nerfed even further from here, it will become a problem. Another nerf like the one we just received will cause a lot of groups to swap out Revenants for something else. At least that is my prediction.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

(edited by Bovan.9481)

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

You cant have everything in one build.. someting you forgot to mention? Unless its the magic 6/6/6/6/6/6 5 legend build with all weps. Fact is theres only one reason you want to take rev to raid – f2. 50% boon duration, touch it and rev is out of raid contest.

Everything else you mentioned can be done by other classes.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

And our damage is still fine for what we provide. You’re trying to make it seem 19k DPS (which is an inaccurate number as well, fyi) is so low that suddenly no one wants to use a Revenant anymore. We’re not taken to content for the damage, we provide some of the best buffing capabilities and we’re fantastic when it comes to breaking breakbars. We provide a whole lot of other utility on top of it in the lines of being able to perma-blind, block projectiles, grant resistance and clear conditions, have the unique ability of sharing out boonduration and the list goes on. If you’re looking to get Elementalist-worthy DPS on top of it we would be beyond broken as a class.

Even in PvP our damage is really not one of the things that is holding back the class.

I do want to add to this post that if our damage is nerfed even further from here, it will become a problem. Another nerf like the one we just received will cause a lot of groups to swap out Revenants for something else. At least that is my prediction.

Raid-wise rev do not provide anything so useful that its lowish dps can be overlooked. Revs are out of the raid meta right now .

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

Raid-wise rev do not provide anything so useful that its lowish dps can be overlooked. Revs are out of the raid meta right now .

I disagree

Rev bring so much that they will stay in the raid meta for the same reason guardian was in the dungeon meta.

While their dps isnt top tier anymore, they bring

-amazing cc
-good ressing ability (you can res in vg lightning field, gorseval black goo, sabetha canon with the infusing light trait)
-high survability
-fury and 50% boon duration ( every video i see without a rev they barely have fury 75% of the time and quickness is just trash, while a rev can assure 100% on both )
-150 ferocity buff (4-5% damage boost to 4 other people)
-5-6 passive might to help warrior (warrior need to hit something to generate might so they have downtime, rev help with those downtime)

There’s probably more but 5k dps is not enough to make me replace rev.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Hunter.4783

I disagree

Rev bring so much that they will stay in the raid meta for the same reason guardian was in the dungeon meta.

-amazing cc
-good ressing ability (you can res in vg lightning field, gorseval black goo, sabetha canon with the infusing light trait)
-high survability
-fury and 50% boon duration ( every video i see without a rev they barely have fury 75% of the time and quickness is just trash, while a rev can assure 100% on both )
-5-6 passive might to help warrior (warrior need to hit something to generate might so they have downtime, rev help with those downtime)

Let me correct you on a few things

-amazing CC

In open world PVE settings maybe. For gorseval you use an engie. For Sab you use warrior headbutts and mesmer shield 5. If you are having a rev swap to staff you are losing 40-50% DPS. You only swap to rev as a last resort, and by then chances are you are going to wipe anyways because your engie kittened up
VG doesn’t matter because its VG, other classes can CC just as well on their MAIN WEAPON SET without losing DPS

infused light trait lasts 1 second. it is quite weak. You will need to chain both your heal and the trait. It is decent but i cannot recall a single scenario where this helped us kill a boss.
Gorseval should not be an issue, else your engie needs to L2P. Sabetha should not be an issue either, your ranged guy needs to L2P.

Fury is the most common buff in the game. Every team is running 2 PS warriors anyways. a Mesmer with chrono runes, concentration sigil + hammer guard providing 5 seconds of quickness every 35 seconds (aclarity lowering FMW CD) will provide the same quickness uptime.
I cannot imagine 25 might stacks ever being a problem.

high survability

wut? srs?

See above

this is probably your ONLY reason for ever CONSIDERING a rev right now. a hammer guard brings limited quickness which is BETTER than this buff. A thief will bring equal DPS because of higher personal numbers, same thing with ele.
Lets face it, there is little reason to being a herald in your raid group right now. a raid geared chrono can manage on quickness just fine and might stacks are never an issue.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I disagree

-amazing cc
-high survability

Let me correct you on a few things

-amazing CC

In open world PVE settings maybe. For gorseval you use an engie. For Sab you use warrior headbutts and mesmer shield 5. If you are having a rev swap to staff you are losing 40-50% DPS. You only swap to rev as a last resort, and by then chances are you are going to wipe anyways because your engie kittened up
VG doesn’t matter because its VG, other classes can CC just as well on their MAIN WEAPON SET without losing DPS

Slick shoes on engie on Gorseval is a big DPS loss and you shouldn’t bring Engie if you’re going to min max anyway, Tempest are better. Rev Staff is also a very small DPS loss for rev, specially since the auto nerf, over the 9 seconds you are using staff, you’ll loose a total of 10-11k damage aka, 1 auto attack.

infused light trait lasts 1 second. it is quite weak. You will need to chain both your heal and the trait. It is decent but i cannot recall a single scenario where this helped us kill a boss.
Gorseval should not be an issue, else your engie needs to L2P. Sabetha should not be an issue either, your ranged guy needs to L2P.

Infused light is 2 seconds, perfect to get someone up, it doesn’t change the whole course of the fight but it helps when actually ressing. And no matter who you are, people down in raid, it’s not a L2P issue when people like Sesshi get downed by a cannon, kitten happen and will always happen/

Fury is the most common buff in the game. Every team is running 2 PS warriors anyways. a Mesmer with chrono runes, concentration sigil + hammer guard providing 5 seconds of quickness every 35 seconds (aclarity lowering FMW CD) will provide the same quickness uptime.
I cannot imagine 25 might stacks ever being a problem.

Most group I see on stream and in game when I play lack fury when they don’t have a Revenant, while it is common, most build don’t give access to it, unless you change a skill or want your Tempest to try blasting a fire field with the 20 Chronomancer wells on the ground. All these “chrono with concentration” claim work fine on paper and on a golem in pvp, but in the real world it’s not reliable.

high survability

wut? srs?

wut? srs? If you die on a rev, you have a problem.

I know this is a bit useless but there is downtime on warrior’s might generation, even for a couple seconds, it doesn’t really matter but it’s there.

this is probably your ONLY reason for ever CONSIDERING a rev right now. a hammer guard brings limited quickness which is BETTER than this buff. A thief will bring equal DPS because of higher personal numbers, same thing with ele.
Lets face it, there is little reason to being a herald in your raid group right now. a raid geared chrono can manage on quickness just fine and might stacks are never an issue.

I have done over a hundred full clear, with every kind of group comp, 5 man VGs, 6 man Sabetha, etc. And while in theory Rev could be replaced, it is a lot of work to get 1-2k overall DPS increase, in a best case scenario where no one kittens up.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/454fjv/revenant_sword_skills_are_not_affected_by_weapon/czwh179

They already know. I wonder if the damage will go up once they fix it.. hm..

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Does anyone here know that eles can copy up to 80secsonds of fury off themselves onto their party? Check out that heat sync skill on warhorn.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Some Raidgroups are already testing a rev-less meta.

2 condidruids for grace of the land buff, 2 ps warriors 2 thiefs 2 mesmers and 2 eles. It seems to do even higher dps then raids with revs.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Hunter.4783

2 condidruids for grace of the land buff, 2 ps warriors 2 thiefs 2 mesmers and 2 eles. It seems to do even higher dps then raids with revs.

I would just do 2x guard instead of thief

Permanente protection and off healing. Much more lenient on quickness and fury uptimes. Off healing and team wide stab on sabetha.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I would just do 2x guard instead of thief

Permanente protection and off healing. Much more lenient on quickness and fury uptimes. Off healing and team wide stab on sabetha.

I have seen this meta before, somewhere….

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/454fjv/revenant_sword_skills_are_not_affected_by_weapon/czwh179

They already know. I wonder if the damage will go up once they fix it.. hm..

That would mean buffing sword damage by 30% if sword once again takes into account weapon damage as it should have, right?

I can guarantee that won’t happen as it would neutralize all the previous intended nerfs. They’ll likely just rearrange the scaling so any changes after bug fix will be minimal.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

Yep, you folks are deluding yourselves if you think we will get a free buff without further nerfs.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Yep, you folks are deluding yourselves if you think we will get a free buff without further nerfs.

Well the point of these changes was to move damage away from auto and ua and give it to precision strike. Since then rev dps dropped hard. So technically speaking its not free buff, but a fix. Damage was supposed to be moved around, not toned down to kitten 19k dps.

Gamebreaking sword bug

in Revenant

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Well the point of these changes was to move damage away from auto and ua and give it to precision strike. Since then rev dps dropped hard. So technically speaking its not free buff, but a fix. Damage was supposed to be moved around, not toned down to kitten 19k dps.

And also people are already replacing Revs with other classes that provide way more DPS.
Rev-less raids are totally doable.

Stella Truth Seeker