Gear choice for Ventari/Glint Rev

in Revenant

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

Hello legend channelers of Tyria!

I’d like to find a casual PvE build that utilized Ventari and Glint to be tanky and support nearby allies in non-raid PvE content. Primarily, I want to know your opinions on being able to heal in zerker gear, which is what I’m running. Should I invest in something like Knights or Clerics to really get the job done?

Also, any trait suggestions are much appreciated.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Heals are crappy without a lot of healing power, take clerics and you are good to go.
For traits https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Senbu%20Ren you can take my build for reference it’s focused on preserving damage while pushing out as much healing as possible.
You can take shared empowerment with sigil of battle for a little bit more damage.

Ventari’s self sustain barely scales with HPower but the outgoing healing scales reaaally well unfortunately even at its best it’s not on druid level.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Revenant

Posted by: Froptimus.6741

Froptimus.6741

I tried to run a Ventari/Herald cleric build a while back and ran into the same thing Verazenem mentioned: self-healing is VERY lacking. Assuming you could stay safe in the back lines and only focus on healing, your damage output is miniscule. I was really excited for a healing rev build, but I just couldn’t make it work.

in Revenant

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I’m running celi at the moment. I flip around specs and legends depending on the content.

I find Dwarf/Centaur to actually be pretty tanky. I still have to dodge a lot. Revs are more active tank/support than passive. These stances don’t work well solo since they are balanced around effecting the group.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I tried to run a Ventari/Herald cleric build a while back and ran into the same thing Verazenem mentioned: self-healing is VERY lacking.

That much is intentional and even needed. If Ventari didn’t have this limitation he would be OP in conquest. Self sustain got a bit below where it should be after the shield 5 nerf and it should be compensated.
I mentioned it to not give the wrong impression.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Berserker.

Also, drop Ventari. It is a completely awful legend.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant