Getting tired of the main hand sword

in Revenant

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

It seems like almost every skill on the main hand sword has some kind of issue. The third chain of auto-attack doesn’t scale properly. Precision Strike sometimes hits completely random things for no reason. Unrelenting Assault gets cancelled by enemies being near walls or entering stealth. Sometimes your character gets stuck unable to move after using it. It also procs confusion damage for every hit rather than just once. Basically the skill seems like 33% chance it actually works, 33% chance it fails, and 33% chance it causes your death.

Why can’t Precision Strike and Unrelenting Assualt be made to only hit your intended target? If an enemy is low on health I don’t want to hit their pet/minions/illusions. It shouldn’t be called Precision Strike if the attack just fires wildly in every direction. And Unrelenting doesn’t fit either when my character can’t seem to focus on the same target, then gives up if he brushes against a wall.

in Revenant

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Well, it’s not only the sword. this class has a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. Let’s pray ha3.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Precision Strike sounds like it’s still bugging out. Also the scaling is bugged.

However, UR is working as intended.

Now to add to your list, Offhand Sword 5 needs to either be a shadowstep or have a range increase so you can actually land it. I’d rather see it as a shadowstep personally, but keeping the same animations.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Well, it’s not only the sword. this class has a lot of bugs that need to be fixed. Let’s pray ha3.

I know what you mean. This profession just feels very unpolished and incomplete overall. I just felt like venting about the sword because I can’t avoid using it for most power builds. It’s not like some of the broken traits (Pulsating Pestilence, Charged Mists) where I have decent alternatives.

Precision Strike sounds like it’s still bugging out. Also the scaling is bugged.

Now to add to your list, Offhand Sword 5 needs to either be a shadowstep or have a range increase so you can actually land it. I’d rather see it as a shadowstep personally, but keeping the same animations.

Yeah, now that I look at the wiki I see that scaling is broken on pretty much everything for the sword.

I still don’t like Unrelenting Assualt even if it’s working as intended. Taking 8000+ confusion damage from pushing one button doesn’t seem right. And my character getting stuck after using it is definitely a major problem.

Sword #5 (Grasping Shadow) as a shadowstep would be nice. Instead of copy/pasting Cloak and Dagger they just copy/paste Infiltrator’s Strike. Makes sense since one is a dagger skill and the other is an actual sword skill.

in Revenant

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Not exactly. The confusion part is likely working as intended as it makes sense to me (risk of the skill and all). However the wall thing is not working as originally intended. They tried to fix it and failed multiple times, so basically just gave up and now just present it as how the skill works. Very unfortunate.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

UA is not working as intended when it wonks out on terrain, just as Coalesce of Ruin on Hammer is not working as intended when it fails most of the time due to slopes as well.

Terrain pathing should not be a counter to a skill. It’s fine to LoS with pillars or structures, but a kitten skill not working because of terrain pathing is dumb. Especially when the skill already consumed your resources to fire off and went on cd.

in Revenant

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Not to mention the 3rd hit of the auto-attack chain looks pretty bad.