Glint: Am I missing something?

in Revenant

Posted by: VanEinstein.5019

VanEinstein.5019

To elaborate, I’ve read up on how to make the most of my dps between Shiro + Glint, and while I’ve been able to perform well enough on a training dummy, I can’t seem to make it work in practice.

Shiro is easy, but as soon as I move over to glint, I hate life. The flow of combat feels… interrupted when I’m busy clicking on 4 facets and F2. Perhaps keybinding might alleviate this, but otherwise it’s a drag. Heck, I wish I could just shift the F2 icon over next to the other facets, so that when I’m clicking it’s all in one place. I’m not an absolute stranger to keybinds, but I’m not great with it either. It took me a long time to get used to having my weapon swap and legend swap bound (I still goof up from time to time), and of course I also bound impossible odds to a key. (Q, E, C respectively). That’s about as far as my fingers want to go, and I have enough trouble keeping that straight.

Of course if that weren’t bad enough, now I’m watching either my energy and that F2 icon to make absolute certain that I have bottomed out on energy so that I can swap to Shiro and not get boned on transitioning to Impossible Odds. Sure, you can just click F2 again, but that messes up the entire cycle.

Up until I started trying to use glint, life felt simple. Sure, there was the occasional frustration against certain opponents, but I was rather fond of Shiro + Jalis. I just feel like I must be missing something, because I see all this talk of Glint making everything better. Perhaps someone here can help me see what it is I’m missing.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I say do what works for you. While I completely understand Obal’s thing is maximizing dps, as a play style I think that rotation is awful, so I don’t do it (I spend most of my time in Glint, usually with my energy meter at +1. I like to run F2, strength, and elements out of combat. At the start of a fight, I hit the actives for strength and elements, then turn on facet of darkness.

My other legend is Jalis, and I generally switch because I need a heal/cleanse or stability. I like the hammers when fighting the legendary grawl shaman or when swarmed by large numbers of enemies.

Find what works with your style of play and run with it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

Yeah, the obvious problem you’re having is that you’re a clicker and clicking is and will always be slower and more problematic than using keybinds, because it takes more time moving your mouse around like that to click everything one by one. It also means that while you’re clicking away you can’t turn your camera, as well as likely fact that you’re looking at where your mouse cursor is to make sure you’re clicking skills correctly, instead of where the enemy is or what they’re doing. The best solution here is to simply learn how to work with keybinds and refrain from ever clicking skills again.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Revenant

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Basically what Misguided.5139 said.

I reccomend Glint out of combat and feeling it out when in combat by pretty much having Elements on auto cast

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in Revenant

VanEinstein.5019

I appreciate the input. I’d rather not feel like I’m letting the classes potential go to waste, but at the same time perhaps it’s best if went with the less intense approach. I’d like it if Ventari and Malyx got some attention so that alternate play styles would open up. At present Ventari doesn’t seem to play nice with the other legends, since everything is tied into that tablet, and Malyx… I don’t think anything even needs to be said about that one seeing as how it’s probably been covered in great detail elsewhere.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

I can’t say it feels very intensive to go (in my case) control + 2, F2, F3, F4 in a row and then ignore the Facets and focus on combat and the weapon we’re using. Once out of energy control + 1 to switch back to Shiro, F1, F4. Focus on combat. Energy runs out, control + 1, control + 2, F2, F3, F4.

Keybind, my good fellow! Change the legend swap to F1, for example, and you can can go F1, F2, F3, F4. It’s a nice grouped up bunch of keys right on top of AWSD.

Repeat.

in Revenant

Posted by: Ooops.8694

Ooops.8694

You can activate facets while another skill is channeling. So if you feel you’re too slow and it interrupts you from doing damage just start with sword #3 after switching to glint. You don’t have control over your character for the next second anyway, so use this time to click through your facets.

in Revenant

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

Seriously, stop clicking and keybind your skills.

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Seriously, stop clicking and keybind your skills.

This. This so much.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Revenant

Posted by: Vyce.2014

Vyce.2014

More specifically, consider investing a handful of dollars into either a keypad or a mouse with 12+ buttons. I bought each many years ago and now I’d never go back.

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Id say keybinding is quite mandatory in general as clicking is tedious and boring

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Revenant

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

clicking on

Really all I can reply to this is: ?_?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Revenant

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Clicking really is your problem…….

I have actually made my Rev my main. Having now decked him out in full Ascended. I just love the glint tree that much…..

The key is to buff you and your teammates, and once you jump into a fight, only keep the Ferocity buff running.

Example: I run the Ferocity buff, Might buff, and swiftness buff as soon as the 10 second timer start to buff me and my team. Keep these three up pretty much perm while not fighting.

Once I run into combat, I instantly blow the swiftness buff and Might stack buff for a couple K damage and 10 stacks of Vuln, but also to make sure I only have one upkeep going. With only the Fury buff going I keep over 50% crit (Full tank/Power), but also keep enough power regen to keep my move going almost endlessly. The only time I really blow the fury attack is if I see a thief go stealth.

Use your ult as an attack/interrupt. If they group up, it’s an easy 2.5-4k aoe blast, or it’s great for saving teammates from stomps. (The aura effect of Prot is soooo good….it just costs too darn much to keep up as an aura.)

As for shiro….honestly….I only use it when an enemy is trying to flee for his charge. Or I’m out of enemies to fight and all that is left to do is stomp….so I SS the stomps.

Everyone raves over Shiro for the dps….but really, any good player is going to see you use your quills, and if you’re wileding a shield/sword, they know UA is coming, so they are just going to press 5 and laugh at you as you blow 90% of your dps on blocks.

Hopefully the above rotations help. But yes….look into Madcatz MMO TE mouse, it’s got about 24 buttons on it, it’s what I use and can bind all my moves to the mouse if I wanted.

in Revenant

VanEinstein.5019

Prior to receiving at least half a dozen of you saying that clicking is a problem, I was already aware. I thought I had been clear on that, but perhaps not. For those of you who had more to offer than a broken record and condescension, you have my thanks. I appreciate the suggestions on how I might be able to approach my keybinding and plan to try them out. I’m so used to E being my legend swap, but I’ll see if I can get used to placing all that on the F keys.

I don’t PvP, but I feel like the suggestion Luclinraider gave could still be helpful in PvE. I’ll see how those work for me as well.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

Yeah, I got tired of trying to reach for the F# buttons for all my characters and moved F1-F5 to my mouse instead.
Moved F1 to Middle mouse, you can put F2/F3 on mouse wheel, F4/F5 on side-side of mouse wheel.
Moved 6 to M4, 7-9 to z-c, and 0 to M5.

Now my hands rarely move at all… Then I gave in and got a 15-button mouse and that only made it easier to put everything I need… including calling target, accepting target, about-face, sheath weapons, interact all in that spot. Then I could reassign F, R, and Q to more important things.

Regardless, you can make it so you do not have to leave wasd or the mouse, even with little girly hands

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer