Glint Elite Discussion

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: Dave.4639

Dave.4639

I personally would like it to pulse out Stability instead of Protection. From a PvE point of view, protection is not needed very oftenly so it wouldn’t justify being the Elite skill in that Game Mode. That might be different in other Gamemodes, voice you opinions please.

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: Griffith.7238

Griffith.7238

From a PvE point of view

That’s not the only mode of play. I can also see it being very useful in PvE a lot of bosses have known heavy damage phases or abilities and you can simple pop it to help your group get through those phases.

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

I think resistance would also be acceptable. Protection kind of steals Jalis’s elite’s thunder.

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

Of course all this would require that they make PvE content that requires defense instead of everything dying in 10 sec. In the regard you don’t need protection or stability.

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I think protection will be quite handy at times in fractals.

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Dave.4639

I don’t think it would be good game design to make defense mandatory, though some extra mechanics other than damage races would be something I’d appreciate.

From a PvE point of view

That’s not the only mode of play. I can also see it being very useful in PvE a lot of bosses have known heavy damage phases or abilities and you can simple pop it to help your group get through those phases.

That is exactly the reason why I wrote this: That might be different in other Gamemodes, voice you opinions please.
Also most “heavy damage phases” are dodgable, while quite a few knockdowns/other CCs are not

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

I think resistance would also be acceptable. Protection kind of steals Jalis’s elite’s thunder.

Resistance would be nice, but 100% uptime (which the auras give) would be too strong. Not sure about it stealing Jalis’ thunder, as that is a much higher level of protection.

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

I agree that protection is kind of a lackluster boon to give for an elite. However, giving stability or resistance for a 4 cost upkeep would probably be too overpowered.

I’d rather see them change the elite to a 6-7 cost upkeep and give it resistance. Revenants have fairly poor condition removal, especially if they want to maintain a pure damage spec. Giving them access to resistance would help make them more durable in all playtypes, but at the same time the higher upkeep cost would lower their dps output (especially because the rest of glint’s utilities also use upkeep). This may still be somewhat overpowered however since you could potentially boon share resistance for 8-9 upkeep.

Alternatively stability wouldn’t be a terrible choice either but the upkeep cost would also need to increase.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

I agree that protection is kind of a lackluster boon to give for an elite. However, giving stability or resistance for a 4 cost upkeep would probably be too overpowered.

I’d rather see them change the elite to a 6-7 cost upkeep and give it resistance. Revenants have fairly poor condition removal, especially if they want to maintain a pure damage spec. Giving them access to resistance would help make them more durable in all playtypes, but at the same time the higher upkeep cost would lower their dps output (especially because the rest of glint’s utilities also use upkeep). This may still be somewhat overpowered however since you could potentially boon share resistance for 8-9 upkeep.

Alternatively stability wouldn’t be a terrible choice either but the upkeep cost would also need to increase.

The current Upkeep cost is -5 not -4 so it completely stops your energy in it’s tracks. The Elite is also not JUST protection is an AoE knockdown as well which is pretty strong for a 45 sec cd.

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: Shrubsy.9720

Shrubsy.9720

Revenant also has the potential for pretty much permanent resistance on Mallyx, so it’d be pretty redundant. Protection is something it has close to none of.

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

The current Upkeep cost is -5 not -4 so it completely stops your energy in it’s tracks. The Elite is also not JUST protection is an AoE knockdown as well which is pretty strong for a 45 sec cd.

Well as is I feel like a lot of people will just ignore the upkeep skill as it isn’t really worth it for the cost. It’s rarer in pvp, but at the same time a single hammer guardian can give a group 100% protection uptime easily.

If they made the upkeep something more desirable people would need to be more strategic with it since they wouldn’t want to put it on a 45 second cooldown, but at the same time could only avoid that cooldown by legend swapping (and losing the skills for 10 seconds) or running out of energy (and being stuck on auto-attack). Since the activated versions of the upkeep skills don’t cost any energy they should try to encourage smart energy usage.

Revenant also has the potential for pretty much permanent resistance on Mallyx, so it’d be pretty redundant. Protection is something it has close to none of.

If you are spec’d into Retribution you get 10% damage reduction when under 75%. The Jalis hammers now give 20% damage reduction and heal you on hit. The Jalis elite gives 50% damage reduction AoE. Two out of three of these protection-like abilities don’t require you to spec into the Retribution line, yet maintain decent damage mitigation, you only need to slot in Jalis as one of your legends.

The only way to maintain a decent resistance uptime is to waste a core specialization slot on corruption and slot Demonic Defiance. This causes you to use up both a trait line and a legend on something that you may not even really want, only to maintain a decent amount of condition removal.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Griffith.7238

I mean I think we just need to accept that certain Legend combinations just won’t be viable in PvP. I mean we can cleanse 1 condi on Legend Swap, 2 with Staff 4, 3 with Jalis Heal. Shiro/Glint just might not be viable without some from of condi clease ,but I think Jalis/Glint will be. The insane amount of defense and healing you would get from Jalis/Glint should more then make up for the fact that you can only cleanse a few condi’s here and there. There’s 20% damage reduction on Vengeful Hammers + Heal, 3 Condi Cleanse on Jalis Heal, basically a 1-100% Heal on Glint with Regen, 4k Heal on Shield 5 if you take it as well as a 25 sec cd passive Shield 5 if you take that. I think we are going to be just fine. We might just have to get past the fact that not every Legend Combination will be viable for everything ,but its no different for any other class they have to give up stuff they want and they have to use weapons they don’t want to use just to be viable. I don’t really want to use Staff because I prefer having 1 melee and 1 ranged and I like the sword too much not to use it ,but if I need that condi cleanse on Staff oh well.

(edited by Griffith.7238)

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Don’t forget the evades as well.

As for cleansing, I think runes or sigils can fill the gaps.

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

For runes is just lyssa I believe, and it’s every 90 seconds, and losing tons of dps (over 20%) compared to rage.

For sigils is just 1 condi every 9 secs on weaponswap

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: makagoto.1204

makagoto.1204

For runes is just lyssa I believe, and it’s every 90 seconds, and losing tons of dps (over 20%) compared to rage.

For sigils is just 1 condi every 9 secs on weaponswap

Superior Runes of Lyssa taken from wiki:
(1): +25 Precision
(2): +5% Condition Duration
(3): +50 Precision
(4): When you use a heal skill you gain a random boon for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)
(5): +100 Precision
(6): When you use an elite skill, convert up to 5 conditions into boons. (Cooldown: 45 sek)

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

yeah, 45, not 90, sorry.

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Dave.4639

Though the AoE KB looks as dodgable as the Jade Winds

(edited by Dave.4639)

Glint Elite Discussion

in Revenant

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I personally would like it to pulse out Stability instead of Protection. From a PvE point of view, protection is not needed very oftenly so it wouldn’t justify being the Elite skill in that Game Mode. That might be different in other Gamemodes, voice you opinions please.

This may change with HoT, as we do not know what is in store there.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|