Glint, Hero Points

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

So its confirmed, we will need around 400 hero points to unlock herald/glint.
Really not looking forward to that grind i have to start on friday.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/elite-specializations-how-many-hero-points/page/6#post5628041

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Not a big deal. I’ll treat it like levelling in other mmos.

also

“Again, hero challenges are worth 10 points each in the jungle. So no you don’t need to go do 200-400 jungle challenges.”

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

And here i had hope to skip everything but Shiro and dps lines to get Glint..yeah right. Will just play with Shiro/Mallyx then as Jalis is not something i want to invest in current state..

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Considering that Orr had about 12~13 hero challenges per zone and Maguuma Jungle hero challenges offer 10 points per challenge, this is pretty much in line with having the new areas have about 13~14 challenges per zone.

However, remember that 400 points unlocks EVERYTHING, including armor skins and weapon skins plus ascended versions of them.

We don’t know how much is needed to unlock everything skill and trait-wise. Even then, in PvE we don’t need the last 2 traits and the elite skill. We’ll have to see what can be done.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

How does the utilities work btw? If I level to 80, and have all legends available, they will only have the heal unlocked?

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Well great.

I won’t have Herald for at least a month. That completely turned off all my anticipation and excitement.

At least I can concentrate on more important things now.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

And this is why I have a set of Exotic gear with Traveler’s runes in it waiting to get around fast until I can get Herald’s permanent Swiftness unlocked. Could take 20 points could take 200 as you might have to purchase the full set of Utilities in one go.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

They are not called “Elite” Specs for nothing…. Holy Cow.

Alright, well.. time to hunker down and get ready to tear apart the jungle piece by piece…

Wait.. I was planning on doing that already….

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I don’t care about skins, I want to be a Herald. How many points does that cost? Also do you only need the first tier to unlock the spec along with using a shield?

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

FLiP.7680

I don’t care about skins, I want to be a Herald. How many points does that cost? Also do you only need the first tier to unlock the spec along with using a shield?

The first minor that unlocks Glint and Shield apparently costs 60 HP, and a whole core specialization cost 60 , so if you do not pick at least one of them, you can unlock the Elite.

But I don’t know how many skills a legend has at the start. I think it’s only the heal, so it doesn’t really matter if you have 60 HP left, because you need about 100 more for the utilities.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Well based on what colin said we need to buy all core training lines before we can even start herald, and getting to 80 by tomes will just be enough to lvl them all but elite? This is one trick pony! Good think i got loads of speed boosters.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Well based on what colin said we need to buy all core training lines before we can even start herald, and getting to 80 by tomes will just be enough to lvl them all but elite? This is one trick pony! Good think i got loads of speed boosters.

Skip Ventari/Mallyx/Jalis. Depends on preference whenever its wvw or pve pick up dev, retri/invo lines and load rest in herald..thats what i plan to do at least to unlock Glint a bit faster.

Its a real shame that everyone rush to unlock herald cus base rev sux tho.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Drizzy.1268

Skip Ventari/Mallyx/Jalis. Depends on preference whenever its wvw or pve pick up dev, retri/invo lines and load rest in herald..thats what i plan to do at least to unlock Glint a bit faster.

Again, you cant skip anything, you have to unlock everything else before you can go for herald.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Again, you cant skip anything, you have to unlock everything else before you can go for herald.

Waaat? Can you link source? Cus thats..disgusting. Like for real…

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

FLiP.7680

Waaat? Can you link source? Cus thats..disgusting. Like for real…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/elite-specializations-how-many-hero-points/page/6#post5627999

You can click the arrows in dev posts, to find what else they post in the same thread.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Colin said it himself if u just check that page. Trying to figure out how.many HPs we’ll lack till one can unlock herald without vanilla HPs

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Burtnik.5218

Yeah i see..a this point i wonder if i will be able to save few points from utility skills as that wasnt mentioned there… probably not as well -.-

Headstart for rev plz.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Roy even more important for you to release Rev a day early to let us get some hero point grind in

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

If you use tomes to 80 then it’s ‘only’ 40 hero challenges in the jungle.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

If you use tomes to 80 then it’s ‘only’ 40 hero challenges in the jungle.

Welcome to the Jungle Baby! You’re gonna GRIIIIIINNNDDDDDDDD!

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

You all that are calling this a grind have no idea what a grind is. This is not a grind, this is called playing the game. Sorry that you can not just log in and get instant everything.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Drizzy.1268

I call everything a grind, where i have to put in alot of time into something i dont enjoy.
As a wvw-only player that wants to main a revenant, well , do the math..

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

unlock it in WvW then.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Drizzy.1268

Not an option as a roamer, would take months, just for a single toon.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

also

“Again, hero challenges are worth 10 points each in the jungle. So no you don’t need to go do 200-400 jungle challenges.”

That may be the case, but many of the jungle heropoint challenges will most likely require gliding and/or mushroom jump masteries. So it will still take you at least hours before you could even get near the amount of heropoints needed to unlock the Herald completely.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I don’t get why everyone is mad. We get something new and you don’t want to work a bit to unlock it? C’mon…

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

also

That may be the case, but many of the jungle heropoint challenges will most likely require gliding and/or mushroom jump masteries. So it will still take you at least hours before you could even get near the amount of heropoints needed to unlock the Herald completely.

That’s still nothing.

I would be fine even if it took 20-30h to unlock it completely. Just treat is as leveling up to new level cap in other games such as WoW.

The only thing I would change I guess would be to make it account wide so if someone has 8 revs or any other class he doesn’t have to unlock it again but gets it as a lvl 80 reward.

(edited by Killyox.3950)

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

also

That’s still nothing.

I would be fine even if it took 20-30h to unlock it completely. Just treat is as leveling up to new level cap in other games such as WoW.

The only thing I would change I guess would be to make it account wide so if someone has 8 revs or any other class he doesn’t have to unlock it again but gets it as a lvl 80 reward.

This would be troublesome. What about the heropoint unspent on the other character? Hero points by definition are character bound

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I’ll make this my main. Due the huge amount of hp needed, I’ll not be able to spec all of my 10(11) toons, so I’ll focus my whole time with the Revenant. First day fully equiped and level 80 with all skills and traits, and a few days more to bruteforcing Glint in the old Tyria map hero points.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

And this is why I have a set of Exotic gear with Traveler’s runes in it waiting to get around fast until I can get Herald’s permanent Swiftness unlocked. Could take 20 points could take 200 as you might have to purchase the full set of Utilities in one go.

What about Dwarf skill 7 + the two blast finishers with Hammer? That should be pretty close to perma-swiftness (15 sec total cooldown).

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

I guess you’d have the same problems if you created any other new character. Last week I got motivated and took my Warrior on a Hero Point completion tour. It took like 6-8 hours to get an additional 100 hero points. It was a little grindy, but not in a bad way, since after all this was about character progression, and not some mindless gold farming like Halloween bags.

Glint, Hero Points

in Revenant

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Jalis for pope!

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert