Glint/Shiro - dealing with condi's and CC

in Revenant

Posted by: Jim.9532

Jim.9532

In PvP or WvW roaming how did you guys deal with incoming conditions and CC?

I only had time to test a condi spec I was working on over the weekend and it strikes me that these two areas on this power spec could be fairly large weak points.

in Revenant

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

You can’t really deal with condi on shiro/glint and that’s on purpose. CC you have dome access to stun break and you can always dodge.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Revenant

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Swap Glint for Mallyx in WvW roaming, Glint’s pretty cack for that, use her to build up some boons but switch to Mallyx before the fight begins if you know you’re going up against a condi user.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Revenant

Jim.9532

You can’t really deal with condi on shiro/glint and that’s on purpose. CC you have dome access to stun break and you can always dodge.

Yes, but I’ve noticed some people posting videos of PvP and Roaming with this specs. I’m very interested to know how they dealt with condi’s.. run from the condi users or focus them down before they could condi burst perhaps?

Swap Glint for Mallyx in WvW roaming, Glint’s pretty cack for that, use her to build up some boons but switch to Mallyx before the fight begins if you know you’re going up against a condi user.

Well I hadn’t considered that and it’s a great idea! Not much use in PvP however wbere you’re locked into the legends.

in Revenant

Posted by: Drizzy.1268

Drizzy.1268

I will most likely go double energy/cleansing sigil.
Most of the time you dont swap weapons on cd, but when it comes to sigils, legend-switch counts as weapon swap as well, at least it did this last bwe.
Its not amazing, but its better than no condi removal at all.
Also running hoelbrak runes and lemongrass food helps.

[BNF] – Bitte Nicht Füttern
https://www.youtube.com/user/Drizzlebob

in Revenant

Jim.9532

Most of the time you dont swap weapons on cd, but when it comes to sigils, legend-switch counts as weapon swap as well, at least it did this last bwe.

I hear you on the condi concern, PvP alternative to your suggestions would be hoelbrak runes with 2x sigil of purity/generosity I guess.

I had noticed the legend swap counting as a weapon swap and forgotten about it.

I wonder if any of the Dev’s can confirm if this is intentional?

in Revenant

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Lyssa Runes + Momentary Pacification have great sinergy (to secure your elite). Salvation line also has Eluding Nulification, you’ll have to sacrifice either Devastation or Retribution though. Then you have Sigils of Purity, Generosity and Cleansing (PvE/WvW only).

That’s still kitten poor condi removal though, and you’re making big sacrifices to have at least some of it.

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Lyssa Runes, Use glint’s heal earlier when you notice you’re fighting a condi player. If they’re using confusion/torment move around while spamming your skills during the glint heal to go back to full and turtle with shield.

Do your best to dodge,block, and evade their condition applications in the first place if you can.

Alternatively you can invest in mel or hoelbrek runes+-condi duration food, or bring a friend who has some group-wide utility.

I wouldn’t bother using mallyx/shiro i killed plenty of other revs running this during beta weekend.

Worse comes to worse disengage and pick another target.

@Jim Roy stated around the time we got weapon swap that they were leaving the legend swap procs in for now to see how things panned out.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Posted by: goldengut.9134

goldengut.9134

the condi build for revenant took a big hit when they changed the elite to worthless, to do some of the things recommended would give a big hit to the build and then whats the point might as well run necro, my favorite was telling you to dodge tho that was classic as most condi’s cant be dodged, you could run antitoxin runes with negative condi duration food, another option is using staff as your secondary weapon skill 4 removes 2 condi’s but its doesn’t really fit the build

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I think the swap legend = swap weapon is something that need to be patched, sorry to say that.

They made it that way because Revenant couldn’t swap weapon in BWE 1, so they have to count legend swap as weapon swap.

Now the weapon issue is addressed, there’s no point Revenant continue to keep this feature, making them a double switch class like Engi or Ele. (Do note both of those classes can only use one weapon at a time)

in Revenant

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Glint’s heal is how you deal with condis on Glint. It converts all hurting to healing. You bleed and burn green when you pop it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Revenant

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

@goldengut

Sword/Shield+Staff works extremely well for roaming o.O Unless you’re claiming staff wont work for zerg surfing, but you wouldn’t have condi problems in that situation anyway.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

in Revenant

Posted by: Agvir.9502

Agvir.9502

I hear you on the condi concern, PvP alternative to your suggestions would be hoelbrak runes with 2x sigil of purity/generosity I guess.

Roy did respond to this before, saying they were testing trigger on both legend swap and weapon swap.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Weapon-Swap-Sigils/5305274

Also he did emphasize the universal ICD of the same type weapon swap sigils.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Weapon-Swap-Sigils/5305519

in Revenant

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Roy did respond to this before, saying they were testing trigger on both legend swap and weapon swap.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Weapon-Swap-Sigils/5305274

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Weapon-Swap-Sigils/5305519

Roy failed to recognized the universal ICD of sigils is not the issue here, the issue is Revenant can equip 4 sigils at a time, yet they have double the amount of swapping ability of procing on-swap sigils, which are mostly powerful. This is very similar to Warrior’s Fast Hand, just that it does not require a traitline to do so like Warrior does, and does not “delay” the weapon usage because all Revenant need to do is swap their legend instead of their weapon.

Guess the favoritism and double standard of Roy is real then.

Blessed the Revenant, and cursed the ranger. Roy is the god here.

in Revenant

Jim.9532

Firstly, thanks for the insight guys. You’ve certainly given me some ideas I hadn’t considered as well as some I had.

Secondly on the question of the weapon swap/legend swap thing – I’m trying to get my head around how this could abuse the on-swap sigils…

When you legend swap it procs the sigils you currently have wielded -
You immediately weapon swap and it procs the sigils on your second weapon set.
When the timer is up you legend swap to proc the secondary weapon set again and
weapon swap to proc the first set of sigils.

Rinse – Repeat. That’s a max of 4 sigil effects every 10 or so seconds.

I think I’m right there, and maybe it could be abused but I don’t know… weapon swapping/legend swapping like that for me right now would mean staring at my skill bar/cd’s and losing the fight.

in Revenant

Posted by: Agvir.9502

Agvir.9502

Roy failed to recognized the universal ICD of sigils is not the issue here, the issue is Revenant can equip 4 sigils at a time, yet they have double the amount of swapping ability of procing on-swap sigils, which are mostly powerful. This is very similar to Warrior’s Fast Hand, just that it does not require a traitline to do so like Warrior does, and does not “delay” the weapon usage because all Revenant need to do is swap their legend instead of their weapon.

Guess the favoritism and double standard of Roy is real then.

Blessed the Revenant, and cursed the ranger. Roy is the god here.

Ermmmmm… I understand that you can legend swap then weapon swap to get the effects of 4 unique on swap sigils, but I question the practicality of doing this. First off, you aren’t taking other possibly more useful sigils like on hit or on crit ones, only on swap sigils. Second, doing this puts both your weapon swap and legend swap on cooldown, which isn’t necessarily the best choice at times. Also doing this whenever you see your weapon swap is almost off cooldown (<1 sec cd) to maximize the effects just to spam them doesn’t seem like a great idea either. You either would have a similar weapon set on both slots to not offset what you are doing and lose the utility of having a different weapon on swap (sword/axe sword/shield instead of taking hammer for range, which may not be a massive issue, depending) or be forced to a different play style (sword/whatever to hammer, which would be annoying). Also you’d be constantly swapping legends when it might be much more useful to stay in one given a specific situation.

(edited by Agvir.9502)

in Revenant

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I dealed with cc via stab on dodge trait also in herald line. It allowed me to pressure pretty well without being worries about all the junk ppl throwed at me.

Condi depends on class. Engi is easy to beat with hammer projectile block, ranger is in similiar situation except you also kite them. Condi mes – focus clones, watch out for beam and scepter block. Use hammer. If they get you to low hp swap to Glint, get some confusion and use heal. Tada baack to full.

Vs burn guards you dance around them with sword 3, sword block and hammer. If they fail initial burst you have 50% chance to win. Necros and wars are not issue at all.

Point is running double melee is the first mistake you can do. Hammer projectile block paired with Shiro to kite via riposting shadows really do wonders.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in Revenant

Jim.9532

I dealed with cc via stab on dodge trait also in herald line. It allowed me to pressure pretty well without being worries about all the junk ppl throwed at me.

Condi depends on class. Engi is easy to beat with hammer projectile block, ranger is in similiar situation except you also kite them. Condi mes – focus clones, watch out for beam and scepter block. Use hammer. If they get you to low hp swap to Glint, get some confusion and use heal. Tada baack to full.

Vs burn guards you dance around them with sword 3, sword block and hammer. If they fail initial burst you have 50% chance to win. Necros and wars are not issue at all.

Point is running double melee is the first mistake you can do. Hammer projectile block paired with Shiro to kite via riposting shadows really do wonders.

Good advise, I went for the stability on dodge roll method with my condi spec. I think it’s better to not be CCd in the first place than get CCd and use a stun-break.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Good advise, I went for the stability on dodge roll method with my condi spec. I think it’s better to not be CCd in the first place than get CCd and use a stun-break.

yep, also almost safe stomp: just dodge on top of a downed body and finish him off

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Honestly? I haven’t found really bad time with shiro/glint. With the glint healing you have two health bar, two healing,you can dodg, evade and be tanly with the shield. I don’t find myself particulary squishy to conditions.

in Revenant

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

People seem to assume that Glint’s heal is a free health bar: it is not.
Unless you are in the middle of a zerg a smart player will not focus you, people will learn how to deal with glint soon enough.

norn warrior

in Revenant

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

With CC you have so many ways to stunbreak. Say bye to stability tho (unless you run the dodge trait which I recommend). For conditions, well, Glint’s heal heals you for inc condi, and I use Hoelbrak runes too. You can use generosity sigils, but you are going to have hard times against a condi build

M I L K B O I S

in Revenant

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

People seem to assume that Glint’s heal is a free health bar: it is not.
Unless you are in the middle of a zerg a smart player will not focus you, people will learn how to deal with glint soon enough.

Well i know it. People will quickly learn to be attentive at that. But you can’t deny that, for now, during the two last beta week end, Glint heal wasn’t a new health bar.

in Revenant

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Shiro-glint usually runs retribution and invocation so CC shouldnt be a too big problem.
As for condition specs: Counter them, rather than letting yourself getting countered.
Due revenants versatility, they can moreless counter anything as long as they play it correctly. This is also why you usually don’t use certain skills in a 1v1 against a power spec, but do use vs a condi matchup.
As for countering condition specs: CC. As Shiro-glint you can easily go (if axe) #5 Axe into shiro stun. Keep your evades for if he’s not stunned and predict the condition burst well. So rather learn what to evade and how to safely stun your enemy (aka baiting/waiting for dodges) than trying to learn certain combo’s.