Glint facet bug?

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Seisus.6591

Seisus.6591

Has anyone else run into an issue where the passive effects on glint will deactivate themselves every couple seconds? I’m not sure if it’s time based or action based. This has happened to me twice since unlocking glint (once in verdant brink during the control panel hero point and once in a random place in tangled depths while doing the story). I’m not sure what is causing is, but swapping legends seems to fix the issue. I know this probably sounds a bit vague, but I will try and figure out what is going on and update this thread if I’m successful.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Aquavolt.6130

Aquavolt.6130

Facets have an energy upkeep cost. If you run out of energy while you have a facet active your facets will automatically deactivate.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Did you happen to not have the “Legendary Dragon Stance” buff on your bar?

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: GlenCoco.2074

GlenCoco.2074

Yeah, this happened to me earlier too, not really sure what caused it… I’d pop the facet and it’d turn off almost immediately. Only thing that fixed it was swapping out of Glint and then back into it, then the facets started behaving normally again.

Coco
[TC] Tarnished Cult

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Happened to me as well when I died in an adventure.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

That happens if somehow the legend stance buff is removed(it shouldn’t be) as it’s used to help control the upkeep skills. Is this any adventure or just specific ones? More information would be useful.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It is not just glint. A few people, including myself, have noticed Impossible Odds cancelling itself at ~36% remaining energy, which is about where it would be if you quickly cancelled it yourself. We are sure that we are not double tapping it so that isn’t the issue. It just randomly will cancel.

in fact I’d go so far as to say that rev is not the only class doing this, it’s just the easiest to see. For a while, there have been issues with skills that you know you activated just suddenly not activating, ele Dragon’s Tooth is a good example where I’ve seen it, randomly on other skills, like “I know I activated that skill, why didn’t it go”?

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I also get this randomly, not sure exactly why. It’s sometimes when I get CC’d (but i don’t know if that is related), sometimes randomly and I have no idea what happened, and sometimes of course due to reaching 0 energy, hehe.

it doesn’t happen very often but i did start to notice it and try to take note when it happens… still not good enough to point a finger at a cause though.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Cdoto.4920

Cdoto.4920

I have it happen sometimes on area transition. Once I saw it happen I started looking, and most of the instances I’ve noticed coincided with area name popups. Not sure if that’s the same issue, though.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

It is not just glint. A few people, including myself, have noticed Impossible Odds cancelling itself at ~36% remaining energy, which is about where it would be if you quickly cancelled it yourself. We are sure that we are not double tapping it so that isn’t the issue. It just randomly will cancel.

This happened to me fairly frequently with IO when running around grabbing hero points. Sometimes I think it happens with Jalis’ Hammers, but it can be hard to tell with that one because of terrain issues and such.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

Not so much related but I noticed Shiro Impossible Odds stance deactivates when you enter a new territory of a map. Not switching maps – but when you are exploring and a new area ia discovered it deactivates.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Not so much related but I noticed Shiro Impossible Odds stance deactivates when you enter a new territory of a map. Not switching maps – but when you are exploring and a new area ia discovered it deactivates.

I’d consider it as the cause overall, except it’s happened in areas that were not transitions like that, so I don’t think that is the direct cause every time. It’s about as random as the ‘May Lyssa Confound You’ that I hear randomly when on my human Revenant.

although I will agree this does in fact seem to cancel it as well.

edited due to trying to do too much at the same time and clarity >.>

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

That happens if somehow the legend stance buff is removed(it shouldn’t be) as it’s used to help control the upkeep skills. Is this any adventure or just specific ones? More information would be useful.

It seems to be any upkeep skill, they will randomly shut themselves off for no reason. I’m currently running around the world collecting WPs and Facet of Elements sporadically turns itself off.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Hidden.2103

Hidden.2103

I’m not sure if it’s the same problem but I’ve also noticed that Vengeful Hammers sometimes deactivates very frequently for no apparent reason.

Edit: Just tested in PvP Lobby. It doesn’t make any sense to me but it seems like Vengeful Hammers cancels after a second whenever standing on any of the ruins next to the target golems. As long as I don’t climb any of the ruins, it stays until I run out of energy, no matter if fighting or not.

Edit2: Just tested at the stairs. Once i set a step onto the stairs, Vengeful Hammers quickly cancel thereafter.

Edit3: Also cancels when too close to a wall… is it possible that the skill cancels whenever the hammers penetrate too far into solid objects? I hope that’s not a design decision.

(edited by Hidden.2103)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

MrH.2591

I’m not sure if it’s the same problem but I’ve also noticed that Vengeful Hammers sometimes deactivates very frequently for no apparent reason.

Edit: Just tested in PvP Lobby. It doesn’t make any sense to me but it seems like Vengeful Hammers cancels after a second whenever standing on any of the ruins next to the target golems. As long as I don’t climb any of the ruins, it stays until I run out of energy, no matter if fighting or not.

This is a different bug, the hammers bug and turn off if they hit a wall or something.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

This is a different bug, the hammers bug and turn off if they hit a wall or something.

This. The hammers are coded as projectiles. So things that block projectiles (as terrain) destroys them. And it sucks. I wish it was coded as a damaging AoE in your feet that follows you and the hammers were just a visual effect.

Pumpkin – Mag

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Alexandrus.8042

Alexandrus.8042

I too am having this bug going on. The Glint buff stays on my interface, but the facets will randomly reset. I cannot pinpoint exactly what triggers it, but I am working on ways to try and force it to happen. I will report back when I know more.

EDIT: Easy place to see this occur is Vir’s Gate Waypoint in Plains of Ashford. Running in and out of the gate will trigger it.

EDIT 2: Further testing seems to indicate that it’s occuring at some transistions on maps as in, when I move from Victor’s Presidium to Charr’s Triumph or to the Villiage of Smokestead. It is not occuring when I move from the Presidium to Old Duke’s Estate. I used the map on the Wiki to figure it out.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/bf/Plains_of_Ashford_map.jpg

In summary, stepping beyond certain areas on the map I linked above are resetting Facets and this is occuring in multiple other places in open world Tyria.

EDIT 3: I can confirm that it is happening at level changes in zones when you downscale to the appropriate level.

(edited by Alexandrus.8042)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Lunacy Solacio.6514

As posted elsewhere, believe it is very likely that it’s not necessarily the ‘transition of an area’ but moreso the ‘level change’.

And it is any upkeep skill.

One thing I haven’t solved with this, is that it happened to me in verdant brink as well I just recalled. But I suppose for now the concentration on the level change cancelling it should reduce a lot of the instances of this happening, allowing us to report when it happens in other cases.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

Confirmed with all Glint Facets (other than F2, which I forgot to check) and Jalis Hammers at several borders in Mount Maelstrom just now.

This does NOT need to be a newly discovered area. Switching to another area in the same zone switches off all Glint facets. This can even occur during combat.

(edited by Misguided.5139)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Alexandrus.8042

Alexandrus.8042

As posted elsewhere, believe it is very likely that it’s not the ‘transition of an area’ but actually the ‘level change’.

I didn’t consider level change as the Mastery bar hides it away, making it difficult to see what you downscale to. Interesting

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Ferziel.2506

Ferziel.2506

I clearly see it today

Facet cancel itself after activated, and it more than once or twice. I use sword and shield that when i use energy it some time cancel the facet. of course, enerygy still have more plenty for uses. Hope that it will fix sooon.

Not to metion Underwater stance thread that suggest seperate stance setting underwater … Much more to add.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

This happens with any upkeep skill OTHER than facet of nature, which works forever. I’m not sure what else triggers it, but walking into an undiscovered area with an upkeep on deactivates it for sure.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

This has been happening to me regularly in Vanilla areas as Im exploring. Ill keep my eye out for a pattern but its happened 10-15 times now in the last hour, did not notice this while in HoT maps

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

OneKlicKill.4285

Uploading a video of it happening it is tied to EXP somehow I think

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

OneKlicKill.4285

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

OneKlicKill.4285

FYI its not exp based or discovery, ive had it happen without either of those things

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Misguided.5139

FYI its not exp based or discovery, ive had it happen without either of those things

Thanks for making a video. The more information we can provide, the better.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

It happens to me every time I discover a new area.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Ferziel.2506

As far as i can see It’s same problem like former mantra bugged in mesmer.

By the way … is mesmer mantra bug fix yet?

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: AlphaK.9486

AlphaK.9486

As posted elsewhere, believe it is very likely that it’s not the ‘transition of an area’ but actually the ‘level change’.

I didn’t consider level change as the Mastery bar hides it away, making it difficult to see what you downscale to. Interesting

Level change definitely causes the issue. You can see your effective level on the hero panel in the upper right corner.

Its easy to reproduce, just find the boundary where your effective level changes. Activate a upkeep skill such as “Impossible Odds”. Cross the boundary where your level changes and your upkeep skill will disable itself.

I find this is issue to be mildly irritating when running open world on a Revenant.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

I’d consider it as the cause overall, except it’s happened in areas that were not transitions like that, so I don’t think that is the direct cause every time. It’s about as random as the ‘May Lyssa Confound You’ that I hear randomly when on my human Revenant.

iirc the “may lyssa confound you” is related to applying a condition if you have lyssa as your patron god.

there is also “grenth take you” when you kill an enemy, “by the fires of balthazar” when you give or gain a boon, “dwayna bless you” when you heal yourself or someone else, or “may kormir enlighten you” when removing a condition.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rikkado.7321

Rikkado.7321

It might be on spots on the map where lvl changes, but im not sure since the mastery rank is always showing, i made a small vid.

https://youtu.be/zNRVAr39uzc

EDIT:
Also made a small vid about the vengeful hammers bug, the same happens with unrelenting assault but is harder to test.

https://youtu.be/ejcFoDkgHss

(edited by Rikkado.7321)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Ferziel.2506

levelscaling cancel all facet effect except F2 facet skill.

test it so many time.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Roy, I posted over in the bugs forum. Basically what I have found removes it is new discovery of land marks in game. So I was running in Wayfarer Hills and I had passive speed boost on. Everytime I discovered a new WP the buff/facet would be both removed instantly. But then I would notice the same thing happened when I would run around and hit PoI’s . I have not done enough testing of it since I am just starting to work on world exploration in Tyria but every WP I hit on the way to Shaman triggered my buffs/facets to be instantly removed.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Happening all the time now in Tyrian areas, apparently if you are down-leveled and your effective level changes.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Happening all the time now in Tyrian areas, apparently if you are down-leveled and your effective level changes.

I had hoped for a fix by this morning

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

MrH.2591

I had hoped for a fix by this morning

Same, I hope they don’t drag their feet with this issue.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kurp.3207

Kurp.3207

I’m doing 100% map completion in central Tyria and I have to reactivate my Facets ALL THE TIME. Keeps happening when you switch areas (not actual maps, but just locations).

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

MrH.2591

I think a lot of us are doing waypoint runs ATM so it’s extremely annoying.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I’m doing 100% map completion in central Tyria and I have to reactivate my Facets ALL THE TIME. Keeps happening when you switch areas (not actual maps, but just locations).

It’s happened to me while in the middle of fights and not even moving to be areas =/

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kurp.3207

Kurp.3207

Yeah, actually it happens even when you’re just standing still. Randomly just lose your facets. And no, it’s not energy running out.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

You really notice it a lot if you run around collecting map completion, a good way to test it for sure.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

I am also experiencing problems with facets on my revenant. By far the most annoying is randomly losing swiftness from Facets of Elements. The problem is not tied to energy management because I can activate it out of combat with 50% energy reserves and all too often I’d find the facet deactivated just a second or two after that.

Additionally I am also experiencing inconsistent behavior of the facets when using waypoints because in some cases they will stay activated however in others they will immediately get deactivated after using the waypoint (it happens both while rezoning or just using waypoints on the same map).

I have to emphasize once again, none of the above problems are tied to lack of energy.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Vexx.3169

Vexx.3169

Can confirm it’s definitely happening in some area discoveries/transfers. My Herald things just reset when I discovered new terrain, very same moment. Tested it with a second area, and on the transfer between Flamefrog Vale and Diresight Caverns, the facets deactivated. (Sparkfly Fen)

So it’s definitely related to the zonemapping. Going back and forth makes it repeatable. Part of it at the very least.

EDIT:

Can also confirm the F2 skill is not affected by this.

Master Vexx – Captain of The Proxy Blades

(edited by Vexx.3169)

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Duo Nightroad.1097

Duo Nightroad.1097

One thing I’ve found that has triggered it to drop every time for me is moving in a zone were the effective lvl changes once it does it drops every time

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Lunacy Solacio.6514

iirc the “may lyssa confound you” is related to applying a condition if you have lyssa as your patron god.

there is also “grenth take you” when you kill an enemy, “by the fires of balthazar” when you give or gain a boon, “dwayna bless you” when you heal yourself or someone else, or “may kormir enlighten you” when removing a condition.

Except it’s happening on multiple characters, humans of course, without applying a single boon or condition, even standing in LA. I’ve stood around doing nothing, on rev and guardian, and had it happen. Guardian doesn’t have lyssa as patron from character creation.

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

This is happening to me on multiple level 80 Heralds fully unlocked. One with world completion 100% done with nothing left to discover. They turn off upon interacting with water, they stay on when going in water, they turn off randomly running around, you name it.

It started with the patch yesterday and it’s pretty kitten annoying.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

This is a real issue – not just people poorly managing their energy. I don’t have this issue in Maguuma zones, only Tyria as far as I’m aware. It happens when you’re using less energy than would actually deplete it, and it happens out of combat. I’ve never experienced it happening while I am pulsing might with Strength, but this may just be because I usually only do this in or shortly before combat. It does occur with Darkness or Elements or Nature or any combination of those active, and I have only experienced it happening when I’m at 50% energy. That may again be because I’m mostly likely to be at 50% out of combat, but I’ve seen Elements flick off a few times as soon as I reach 50% again. I can’t speak to Light because it’s only useful for the active and you know it :P

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

This is a real issue – not just people poorly managing their energy. I don’t have this issue in Maguuma zones, only Tyria as far as I’m aware. It happens when you’re using less energy than would actually deplete it, and it happens out of combat. I’ve never experienced it happening while I am pulsing might with Strength, but this may just be because I usually only do this in or shortly before combat. It does occur with Darkness or Elements or Nature or any combination of those active, and I have only experienced it happening when I’m at 50% energy. That may again be because I’m mostly likely to be at 50% out of combat, but I’ve seen Elements flick off a few times as soon as I reach 50% again. I can’t speak to Light because it’s only useful for the active and you know it :P

Forget all that – it’s definitely when changing effective level. Just tested it. Explains lots of what I was seeing though.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

Glint facet bug?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mythazor.4570

Mythazor.4570

Ì’ve been playing my revenant all week and did not have this problem.

Today, I started doing map completion in core Tyria and suddenly I’ve been noticing this. I am running around a lot with Facets of Elements on and it keeps randomly deactivating. Out of combat. So it can’t even be an energy upkeep issue.

At first I thought I was somehow clicking a wrong button, but I’m sure it is randomly deactivating itself.