Glint's ground symbol animation

in Revenant

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Hey all,

Am I the only one that dislikes having the ground animation on upkeep skills all the time? I understand the intention (it visually tells you how many upkeeps you have), and its pretty by itself, but it gets annoying to watch all the time when you’re outside of combat and simply want your swiftness buff. It clashes with the legendary’s footstep effects, and you’re pretty much stuck to having it glued to your character while roaming. And roaming is something that you’re going to do for the entire game.

My suggestion to Anet is to make it pop up/ fade in only while in combat.

in Revenant

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I love it. Very fitting and cool!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Revenant

DiogoSilva.7089

I love it. Very fitting and cool!

I love it too, it just gets old fast if you have to watch it all the time when you’re just relaxing and exploring a map with swiftness on.

Thus why I’d rather have it appear only while in combat.

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I love the idea, but think it is a bit too intrusive, especially the colored portion in the center. I’d like to have the pulsing colored area in the middle removed and stick to the line art. The line art may also need to have the opacity reduced a bit as well, but I’d like to see the other change first.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Either only while in combat or maybe it only shows up right after you use skill then fades. Is my vote.

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Either only while in combat or maybe it only shows up right after you use skill then fades. Is my vote.

Either of those work well

in Revenant

Posted by: Akamaru.7415

Akamaru.7415

Hey all,

Am I the only one that dislikes having the ground animation on upkeep skills all the time? I understand the intention (it visually tells you how many upkeeps you have), and its pretty by itself, but it gets annoying to watch all the time when you’re outside of combat and simply want your swiftness buff. It clashes with the legendary’s footstep effects, and you’re pretty much stuck to having it glued to your character while roaming. And roaming is something that you’re going to do for the entire game.

My suggestion to Anet is to make it pop up/ fade in only while in combat.

I made a post about this a while ago. I really really love the concept

but I think the yellow colour and level of opacity is a little obnoxious. I would be incredibly happy if the centre circle was toned down to match the style of the outer indicators

in Revenant

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I hardly noticed it after a while just became part of my character. But unless I am standing around doing nothing I do not focus on my character at all. I think if it flashed it would actually bring more attention to you than just being persistent. Since it is always there you will forget about it, the brain tends to not process things that are persistent.

in Revenant

Posted by: bettadenu.5483

bettadenu.5483

It’s a little too noticeable atm. Needs to be toned down.

in Revenant

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

It is the first day of this new spec. You all are too focused on it, just try not thinking about it. You really will not notice it after a while, it will just become part of the game.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Better then guardian’s elitevsignet aura. At least this one doesn’t jump with you

in Revenant

Posted by: Seisus.6591

Seisus.6591

I can see where you’re coming from. I like it, but I would probably still like it if the opacity was dropped a bit.

in Revenant

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

It needs to be more transparent.

in Revenant

DiogoSilva.7089

The phoenix-style glint symbol looks really cool, and I don’t mind having it always on. It’s the circle that gets old fast the more time I spend roaming. More opacity/ transparency to the circle would be cool, especially outside of combat.

in Revenant

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

even if it is only a option to make “all symbols” more transparent (ie will affect guardians symbols etc) then I could cope with that too.

Just needs dulled down a bit, but if they can add the option to change teh symbol brightness level yourself that be good. Definately does clash with legendaries footfalls

in Revenant

Posted by: Uramov.5321

Uramov.5321

I like it the way it is. It lets me see what facets and how much energy degen I have without looking down at my skillbar, while being bold enough that it doesn’t get obscured by other effects.

in Revenant

Posted by: Akamaru.7415

Akamaru.7415

I like it the way it is. It lets me see what facets and how much energy degen I have without looking down at my skillbar, while being bold enough that it doesn’t get obscured by other effects.

?

The actual indicative part (the edges) are much less obvious than the cosmetic centre part, which is the part we are actually talking about in this thread. You also need to look at your skillbar to play gw2, and even more so with revenant. It also gets completely obscured by any active gameplay, other than afk in lions arch.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Love the effect, hate how it’s sustained. I’d prefer if it appeared only when casting, then fade away.

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

its a bummer that you cant fill all those lights for an extra effect