Glint utilities not available in underwater?!

in Revenant

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Q:

Halp i’m drowning. Is this designed so you can’t have glint/herald in underwater or just not ready for this beta event?

Looks like Ventari (yeah maybe not) and Jalis can’t be used either in underwater.

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

in Revenant

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Right now no. By next beta I hope they are ready

in Revenant

Posted by: Enrif.7359

Enrif.7359

Glint should actualy be easy to convert for underwater combat. Only facet of elements needs to be tweeked

in Revenant

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

As far as I can tell, Rev gets only spear underwater and two legends — so far.

Also, when you jump into/out of water, your water build is not saved. You have to manually switch legends when you hit the water and again when exiting water.

in Revenant

Posted by: Roy.3862

Roy.3862

Next to Mallyx and Shiro, atleast Glint should become available too for underwater. for Jalis aswell only one skill hase to change: the ground targeting of Inspiring Reinforcement. So if in the end only Ventari can’t be used underwater, I can live with that. Cause most professions have a certain skill type that can’t be used underwater.

And of course you should be able to set different legends as builds for underwater play just like all the other profession can set different utility skills builds for underwater.

in Revenant

Posted by: Uete.3805

Uete.3805

Actually, I first entered water as a Herald with aspects of elements, darkness and strength activated… and they kept giving me their boons, even though I couldn’t manually select them (I even got the aura circle at the bottom of the basin). So there’s that. I don’t know if it’s a bug, but seemed to work quite well.

in Revenant

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

As far as I can tell, Rev gets only spear underwater and two legends — so far.

Also, when you jump into/out of water, your water build is not saved. You have to manually switch legends when you hit the water and again when exiting water.

I was about to create a thread on this very issue; It’s a crippling inconsistancy in design choice for the Revenant. Was going to have that as a flashy thread title to get the dev’s attention: “Revenant Underwater: Crippling Inconsistancy”.
But seems as this thread is sort of on the same issue, may aswell post here instead.

Basically, other classes have a different set of utility skills underwater from when on land, and the game automatically switches you from your land utilities to your water utilities when changing combat location on the fly.

However, as the Revenant’s utilities are locked to it’s class mechanic, it uses the same utilities underwater as it does on land.

This wouldn’t be an issue if all the Legends worked underwater, but they don’t. Only Mallyx and Shiro work underwater. Jalis, Glint and Ventari have no utilities underwater.
This means that you are severally handicapping yourself on maps with water if you choose anything but Mallyx and Shiro all the time.

Sometimes, you can just swap your legends out for those two whenever you go underwater, but this is rather tedious and time consuming when you are constantly bobbing in and out of water on maps like Timberline Falls, but that’s best case scenario.

Worse case scenario, you are in combat, in WvW. In WvW, running into water is a common tactic to change up the combat dynamic a bit, and perhaps give you an advantage (some classes are significantly stronger underwater, others weaker, and half the player base is just too stupid to think in three dimensions overall which is why half the player base dislike the underwater combat, personally, I like it, but ah, back on topic). However, if you were using Jalis/Glint/Ventari on land, if the fight gets dragged underwater by you or your opponent, suddenly, you are screwed. You are in combat, so you can’t swap out your legends for Mallyx and Shiro, and you are now stuck in combat with a foe without access to any utility skills what-so-ever, including no self-heal. This basically means you are as good as dead.

I realise underwater combat these days is an afterthought for ANet, but it is an important and integral part of the base game (and a highly touted and complimented feature pre-launch of the original GW2), and as the Revenant has just as much access to the base game as any of the other professions, they really need to fix this.

They could either make all Legends work underwater, or, if they CBA/don’t have enough time, let the Revenant have a pre-set selection of Legends underwater (basically, Mallyx and Shiro), that you automatically get swapped too whenever you enter the water (whether you are in combat or not), with then your main terrestrial choice returning whenever you get back onto dry land. As legends control what utilities you currently have access to, this would then be functionally identical to how we see all other eight profession react to entering water, with their own unique chosen set of utility skills for underwater combat. We also know it’s possible to have class mechanic pre-sets alter specifically for underwater combat, because this is what we see with Ranger, as the pre-selected two pets for Ranger change whenever you enter water.

Better yet though, how about ANet let us have both? This would be the fairest way to do it, but, for proper in-game working viable functionality for the Revenant, we need at least one or the other to be implimented.