Latest Update – 1/28/2016

Updated text and video for 1/26 patch

Video Guide

https://youtu.be/zGQwNZRqRyk

General Text Guide

Gear

Stats

• Berserker
  • 1 Toughness Trinket – One trinket to help grab aggro for some fractal content. You will have some downtime of hardening persistence.

Infusions

• Power

Weapons

• Sword (Main Hand) – Main weapon
  • Axe – Main offhand
  • Sword (Off Hand) – If you need a block on swap
  • Shield – If you need to do block rotations along with sword
  • Hammer – Blasting fields out of combat or need to range stuff
  • Staff – CC
  • Mace – Fire field and blast out of combat if need be

Runes

• Scholar – Best choice for groups
  • Strength – Best choice for solo or pugs that don’t stack might. You can run a Strength Sigil instead for a smaller personal dps loss in groups to proc more might.

Sigils (Multiple sets is optimal)

• Night + Force
  • Slaying + Force or Night
  • Daytime – Force + Air
  • Alternative Sigil – Strength

Consumables

Food

• Bowl of Seaweed Salad – Most optimal food for record runs
  • Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup – Best food for groups
  • Fried Golden Dumplings – Best food for solo or if you chose strength runes
  • Experimental Remnant or Bowl of Asparagus and Sage Salad – Good cheap alternative

Utility

• Slaying Potions – The best choice if the mobs are all the same type
  • Bountiful Sharpening Stones – Best if slaying is not useful

(edited by obal.3218)

[Guide] DPS Revenant for PVE

in Revenant

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Builds

Build

Traits

• Hardening Persistence can mess with aggro so swap it to Radiant Revival if it’s an issue
  • Swap Cleansing Channel to Fierce Infusion or Cruel Repercussion if conditions aren’t an issue. You should have more than enough fury anyway
  • Swap Invocation for Salvation and take Blinding Truths when blind spam is needed. Spam the tablet move skill where you LoS

Legends

• Glint should always be equipped
  • Shiro is generally the best to run if you don’t have a mesmer in your group/split.
  • Use Dwarf if you have a mesmer in your group/split for bosses, if you need stability, or for aoe mob tagging events
  • Use Centaur if projectile defenses are needed

Starter Build until Herald Unlock

• No Herald Build
  • The order of importance of traits is Devestation, Invocation, Corruption, Salvation, Retribution
  • The order of importance of legends is Shiro, Dwarf, Centaur, Mallyx
  • Drop Corruption as soon as you unlock Facet of Nature

DPS Charts

Soon – see video guide for now

(edited by obal.3218)

in Revenant

obal.3218

Rotation Notes

• Precision Strike can hit a target up to 3 times if you are in the target hitbox. This does a lot of damage and should be used off cooldown
  • Keep Facet of Nature active when a mesmer is in your group/split
  • Enchanted Daggers is a DPS increase so use it off cooldown if a heal is not expected to be needed
  • Staff5 off the start is good for break bars or as a last resort if a lot of cc is needed
  • These are just sample rotations. You can activate whatever facets you want. You will want to use Darkness for Fury since it’s typically up to a Revenant to provide fury and Elements for Elemental Blast after activating it. If you activate more than Darkness you might not get equilibrium procs. The additional boons might be more useful or add more damage given damage multiplier on boon count traits for the group

DPS Rotations

• Glint + Dwarf (Mesmers providing quickness and alacrity) – Activate facets -> Elemental Blast -> Dwarf Stance -> Activate F2 if it’s not up already -> Vengeful Hammers (turn off around 8s into legend so you don’t run out of energy) -> Sword Auto and Sword 2 when it is up -> Dragon Stance -> Activate facets of choosing -> Elemental Blast -> Sword Auto and Sword 2 when it is up -> repeat Dwarf and Glint
  • Glint + Shiro – Activate facets -> Elemental Blast -> Assassin Stance -> Enchanted Daggers -> Sword 2 -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto and Sword 2 when it is up -> Dragon Stance -> Activate facets -> Elemental Blast -> Sword Auto and Sword 2 when it is up -> Assassin Stance -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto and Sword 2 when it is up -> repeat Glint and Shiro off cooldown
  • Shiro + Dwarf (No Herald) – Enchanted Daggers -> Sword 2 -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto and Sword 2 when it is up -> Dwarf Stance -> Vengeful Hammers -> Sword Auto and Sword 2 when it is up -> repeat Dwarf and Shiro off cooldown

(edited by obal.3218)

in Revenant

obal.3218

Skills

Facet of Nature

• Keep it always active if you have a mesmer in your group/split at bosses
  • If you don’t have a mesmer with you then using it out of combat to stack boons like fury and swiftness out of combat and consume it before combat
  • Impossible odds can’t be used when it is up so you will need to use up your energy in the prior legend used or consume it if you activate it in combat

Legends

• Glint – DPS & boons
  • Shiro – DPS without mesmer
  • Dwarf – DPS with mesmer, stability, damage reduction, aoe mob tagging
  • Centaur – Projectile defense or perma blind
  • Demon – Close to Dwarf with less dps, aoe, and survival so not worth taking unless you are playing condi or Dwarf hammers are getting interrupted

Glint

• Facet of Light – Turn on if desired. Consume it when damage is expected to heal
  • Facet of Darkness – Turn on if you are responsible for fury. Don’t consume it.
  • Facet of Elements – Turn on out of combat to stack swiftness. Consume it in combat for a DPS gain as much as possible
  • Facet of Strength – Turn on if desired. Consume it in combat for 20 vuln at the start of a fight if you expect it to take awhile to get to 25 vuln or will get nowhere near there
  • Facet of Chaos – Turn on if desired. Use it as a CC. Don’t use it for DPS since it is a loss. Perma prot can be achieved if you use it with Facet of Nature

Shiro

• Enchanted Daggers – Use for DPS if a heal is not needed
  • Riposting Shadows – Useful when absolutely necessary but a big DPS loss otherwise. Good for switches that put the condis it removes on you
  • Phase Traversal – Useful for mobility
  • Impossible Odds – Use as much as possible.
  • Jade Winds – Last resort CC since it tanks DPS

Centaur

• Project Tranquility – Use immediately. Spam Ventari’s Will with the Blind Truths trait (Salvation) for blind spam on hard trash if no one else can do it
  • Protective Solace – Use for projectile defenses

Dwarf

• Soothing Stone – Heal or condi removal
  • Inspiring Reinforcement – Use for stability
  • Vengeful Hammers – Use as soon as you swap to Dwarf. If using with Facet of Nature then turn it off before you run out of energy.
  • Rite of the Great Dwarf – Use at the start of a fight if it would be useful

Mallyx

• Empowering Misery – Heal
  • Pain Absorption – Use as a last resort to clear group conditions
  • Banish Enchantment – Use as a last resort to strip important boons off bosses if no one else will
  • Unyielding Anguish – Good for a super legit maw
  • Embrace the Darkness – Use as much as possible

Weapon Skills

• Sword (Main Hand) – Use Precision Strike in boss hitboxes off cooldown. Use Unrelenting Assault instead of dodging or to get might in low might situations
  • Sword (Off Hand) – Use Duelist’s Preperaion as a block if needed but don’t use Shackling Wave. Use Grasping Shadow for CC
  • Axe – Use Frigid Blitz as a gap closer. Use Temporal Rift for CC
  • Shield – Use Crystal Hybernation for a block
  • Mace – Use out of combat as a fire field to pre stack might if need be
  • Hammer – Use Phase Smash and Drop the Hammer for blasting fields out of combat. If ranging with it spam Coalescence of Ruin while not in Shiro.
  • Staff – Use Surge of the Mists for CC but try not to be stuck in it for long

How Am I Supposed to Survive?

• Blind Spam – Spam Ventari’s Will with the Blind Truths trait (Salvation)
  • Block Rotations – Infuse Light, Duelist’s Preperaion, Unrelenting Assault, Crystal Hybernation
  • Projectile Defense – Protective Solace
  • Crowd Control – Temporal Rift, Grasping Shadown, Surge of the Mists, Jade Winds, Chaotic Release
  • Condition Removal – Cleansing Channel, Soothing Stone, Empowering Misery, Natural Harmany
  • Boon Strip – Banish Enchantment
  • Prot – Perma prot from Glint and damage reduction from Dwarf
  • Dodge – Usually useful
  • DPS – Stuff will die faster than you! Rallying off good dps is usually better than reviving.

(edited by obal.3218)

in Revenant

obal.3218

Condi Guide

Disclaimer – It’s not as good as berserker. You can see the difference in the chart on the video guide. It’s decent for a condi class but suffers from being full melee.

Latest Update – 2/5/2016

Video Guide

https://youtu.be/cdLVqU5y8vg

General Text Guide

Gear

Stats

• Viper – Armor, Weapons, Amulet
  • Sinister – Trinkets except Amulet

Infusions

• Condi

Weapons

• Mace – Main weapon
  • Axe – Main offhand
  • Sword (Off Hand) – If you need a block on swap

Runes

• Balthazar

Sigils

• Earth + Geomancy

Consumables

Food

• Koi Cake/Rare Veggie Pizza – Best
  • Super Veggie Pizza – Cheap Alternative

Utility

• Toxic Focusing Crystal – Best
  • Tuning Crystals – Cheap Alternative

Build

Build

Traits

• Swap Bolstered Anguish to Spontanous Destruction when bosses have lots of boons
  • Swap Swift Termination to Assassin’s Annihilation when you are behind or at the side of a boss the majority of a fight for more sustainability without losing damage
  • Hardening Persistence can mess with aggro so swap it to Radiant Revival if it’s an issue

Rotation Notes

• Searing Fissure should be used whenever it is off cooldown and take priority over everything else
  • Keep Facet of Nature active when a mesmer is in your group/split. You will need to turn off Embrace the Darkness towards the end so you don’t lose Facet of Nature and so you have energy for Searing Fissure
  • Swap legends off cooldown. You proc the Geomancy sigil whenever you swap legends.
  • You can activate whatever facets you want. You will want to use Darkness for Fury since it’s typically up to a Revenant to provide fury and Elements for Elemental Blast after activating it. The possibility of Equilibrium procs does not exist so use whatever as long as you can spam Searing Fissure.

DPS Rotations

• Glint + Mallyx – Activate facets -> Searing Fissure -> Temporal Rift -> Elemental Blast -> Demon Stance -> Embrace the Darkness -> Searing Fissure -> Echoing Eruption -> Auto and Searing Fissure off cooldown -> Dragon Stance -> Activate facets -> Searing Fissure, Echoing Eruption, Temporal Rift off cooldown -> Elemental Blast -> Autos -> repeat Demon and Glint using everything listed off cooldown

(edited by obal.3218)

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Great guide Obal. I was hoping you would come out with a Revenant guide considering I used your Guardian ones. I am curious what you enjoy more at the moment, a Rev or a Guardian?

in Revenant

Posted by: Argon.1563

Argon.1563

1 Toughness trinket? Yay, they’re learning.

in Revenant

obal.3218

I’m liking revenant more since it’s new and op. I just unlocked all of what is useful for dragonhunter yesterday and am finding that to be pretty fun too.

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Like that oban took the rev “spot” in DnT
Thanks for the guide, pretty much what i expected.

Let’s see how it will be in raids!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Excellent guide as always from Obal. Mods, can we get a sticky?

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Revenant

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

Considering the build switches stances as soon as the Energy runs out and you always switch when it’s below 50%, why not run Equilibrium instead of Invigorating Flow ?

Also, thanks for all those numbers, gotta love dem numbers from DPS calcs.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

(edited by Velho.7123)

in Revenant

obal.3218

That’s a good choice too. I had it in at one point I guess it got lost from lots of edits. I added it back in. I initially typed up a draft after BWE2

in Revenant

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

What would you recommend for traits for a someone without the Herald mastery yet? Been trying to figure out a build that would be decent while I work on getting Herald but unsure of what’s really good to take.

Thanks for your help!!!

in Revenant

obal.3218

Use glint and mallyx with the rotation I posted. Instead of Herald I took Corruption since it adds DPS. The other trait lines aren’t that great for pve except for blind spam for the one if you absolutely need it. I guess I should add it to the guide.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRAsX8snfNuNSuJ7JRHlVlskyrS4SZWJorcskFNFhtc62tDC0ItznSA-ThRBABXt/o8DP9DAcSAy7JAQp6PmpEMAwBwv9tv9N48zP/8zPvf/93f/93SBExUL-e

in Revenant

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

This man knows his stuff. Only source for Guardian PVE I trust. Will be using this for my fresh 80 rev.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I dunno… I am managing perfectly fine with my full tormenting sinister condi build

I even saw a couple ticks of 14k from torment on a boss in Dragons Stand. It is totally a thing.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

in Revenant

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

I’m a little confused. Why did OP say that scholar is best for party groups, and that strength is best for solo. Using Herald with strength runes gives everyone around you about 14 perma might, maybe more if you have food or what not. Can anyone explain this?

in Revenant

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I’m a little confused. Why did OP say that scholar is best for party groups, and that strength is best for solo. Using Herald with strength runes gives everyone around you about 14 perma might, maybe more if you have food or what not. Can anyone explain this?

When you solo, you are the only available source of might, therefore strenght runes help tremendously in that regard.

While in group there are other sources and the overall duration of might become less of a problem, so you are free to focus on a more damaging runeset.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Revenant

Velho.7123

I’d say scholar is better when you are not relied upon for might in a group and you can leave the might to the Phalanx Warrior.

Matt [LOD]

in Revenant

Posted by: Resky.7956

Resky.7956

I’m liking revenant more since it’s new and op. I just unlocked all of what is useful for dragonhunter yesterday and am finding that to be pretty fun too.

Question: wouldn’t including cc abilities like staff skills, axe 5, etc in your rotation help with the breakbar, leading to higher group and personal dps in the long run?

in Revenant

obal.3218

Might shouldn’t be an issue for the group. PS warrior is still good to have in the party. Banners add a lot of DPS along with their might. There’s not much reason to use strength runes unless you pug.

Question: wouldn’t including cc abilities like staff skills, axe 5, etc in your rotation help with the breakbar, leading to higher group and personal dps in the long run?

I mentioned using them in the weapon section. The rotations I have is just for pure dps. I’lI add something about that in the rotation notes though.

in Revenant

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

Nice guide, if I start doing pve/raids it gunna be with my Rev : P

I got a question with runes.

Do you think Pack Runes are ok for pug groups? (Nothing super try-hard)

-I have ascended zerk armor but I will be using it for WvW and I like pact runes with my build. I don’t want to make 2 sets of ascended zerk armor just for strength runes T_T. (Wish this game would let us use multiple rune sets with our armor).

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Nice guide, but full berserker is not optimal since you go past 100% crit rate most of the time under permanent fury.

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

Nice guide, but full berserker is not optimal since you go past 100% crit rate most of the time under permanent fury.

You can’t go past 90% without outside help or food/ infusions/ nourishment/ sigil with precision in them which will be a dps loss. The outside help requires both banners and spotter for 100%.

Optimal means the best for a given situation. In PvE, full dps is still best for fractals, dungeons and open world. Even in raids, I think full zerker will be the way because of how much damage a rev can do.

@Obal I’ve been running this build since HoT launched and the damage is really good. The toughness from upkeep though makes Rev’s really tanky for a full glass build. Have had little trouble in the jungle even though some of the mobs hit really hard.

Sea weed salad makes a noticeable difference to dps and I think will be the recommended food for raids. In raids, night sigils won;t work and frailty will be a waste with 10 ppl so am using Air on my axe (force on sword). Just wondering what your thoughts will be?

in Revenant

Posted by: MrH.2591

MrH.2591

I just unlocked Glint and it’s a little fiddly ATM, I’ll get used to it though.

in Revenant

obal.3218

You need banner + spotter or crit food to go to 100 from there still. You won’t always have a ranger in the group and banners aren’t up 100% of the time. You will also play solo at times. Zerker is the best in general. A couple trinkets from fractals can be thrown in to give a little survival when points would be wasted.

You can’t go past 90% without outside help or food/ infusions/ nourishment/ sigil with precision in them which will be a dps loss. The outside help requires both banners and spotter for 100%.

Optimal means the best for a given situation. In PvE, full dps is still best for fractals, dungeons and open world. Even in raids, I think full zerker will be the way because of how much damage a rev can do.

@Obal I’ve been running this build since HoT launched and the damage is really good. The toughness from upkeep though makes Rev’s really tanky for a full glass build. Have had little trouble in the jungle even though some of the mobs hit really hard.

Sea weed salad makes a noticeable difference to dps and I think will be the recommended food for raids. In raids, night sigils won;t work and frailty will be a waste with 10 ppl so am using Air on my axe (force on sword). Just wondering what your thoughts will be?

Force and Air would be the best if night and slaying don’t work. Frality would be bad for raids since 10 people should easily cap vuln like you said. It’s also a bad choice on rev since they stack so much of it anyway. That would be the optimal food but having to dance around and pay attention to mechanics and energy might make it annoying. Unrelenting Assault and probably Frigid Blitz wouldn’t be impacted by it either. Heal on crit food might be nice as well. The toughness trait would be bad for raids though since you will want a tank for things and you will want them to have the least amount of toughness needed to get by.

Nice guide, if I start doing pve/raids it gunna be with my Rev : P

I got a question with runes.

Do you think Pack Runes are ok for pug groups? (Nothing super try-hard)

-I have ascended zerk armor but I will be using it for WvW and I like pact runes with my build. I don’t want to make 2 sets of ascended zerk armor just for strength runes T_T. (Wish this game would let us use multiple rune sets with our armor).

It’s a pretty big loss over scholar for no real reward like strength or scholar.

Attachments:

(edited by obal.3218)

in Revenant

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

How good/bad is sinister/viper rev? Any numbers?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Revenant

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Glad to know I had the Revenant DPs figured out at the end of BWE2.

Time to keep doing what I’m doing all the way through raids.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kaan The Immortal.7648

Kaan The Immortal.7648

What fractal content are you talking about where you would like to get the aggro as a Revenant? I’m just curious

in Revenant

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Re: Frailty sigil. It’s pretty bad for raids due to easily hitting the cap AND it’s bad for dungeons on rev. Since the Rev generates so much vuln, Peril sigil will give you a greater net vuln on your target than Frailty.

tldr; frailty is great in dungeons on classes who don’t make much vuln, peril is better on classes that do. The break point for this is around 10-12.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Revenant

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

air is better than peril if party can upkeep 25 vuln and let’s face it even noob pugs can

in Revenant

Posted by: Keeper of Da Cookie.8714

Keeper of Da Cookie.8714

This is gunna sound daft and all, Berserkers VS Marauder’s?

Could Marauder’s be a viable dps substitute for dungeons/fractals,PVE if you haven’t got a great group?

in Revenant

Velho.7123

The Glint + Shiro rotation doesn’t include activating Facet of Nature at the start, right?

Matt [LOD]

in Revenant

obal.3218

I looked at briefly and it wasn’t looking good. Some stuff might need adjusting so I’m not going to go into numbers. I’m still looking into it though and will mention it when I finish.

What fractal content are you talking about where you would like to get the aggro as a Revenant? I’m just curious

The typical stuff a guardian would do if you don’t have one in the group like archdiviner. Revenant has some great blocks.

This is gunna sound daft and all, Berserkers VS Marauder’s?

Could Marauder’s be a viable dps substitute for dungeons/fractals,PVE if you haven’t got a great group?

Marauder armor + zerk everything else is about 750 dps less. I wouldn’t suggest going further than that. That plus hardening persistence should be plenty.

in Revenant

obal.3218

The Glint + Shiro rotation doesn’t include activating Facet of Nature at the start, right?

It’s best to have it up at the start for when people prestack might. Having all the facets up but prot before running into a fight should drain it by a lot before you get there and just use weapon skills to drain it quicker if need be.

in Revenant

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I am doing wonderfully fine with my fully decked-out sinister Revenant. Given a good rotation (I do not recall what I used) you can get ticks to hit ~10k+ when the target moves. With how much kiting you can do in PvE, even in the events, the targets move plenty so it is inconsequential. For stationary targets like Tequatl, you are going to be stuck with 4-6k (again on a good rotation). I also never bother with the elite… just not worth it, really. You are better off waiting till ~80 energy and then spamming Anguish three times with mace 3, axe 5, and mace aa.

I average 3-5k when I am dodge rolling and avoiding mobs after pulling aggro during a good rotations. Also, this is only counting torment. The burning stacks you apply are roughly equal to stationary torment and the poison stacks are about 1-2k depending on the amount of times you use mace AA in full and the poison trait in the corruption line with the excessive ICD.

Keep in mind my observations are from exotic armor and weapons and ascended trinkets. I am sure the 8-10% from weapons and 5% from armor being ascended might make it, in elitists eyes, legitimate… but I am not so worried about that right now. Not like it is required in raids or any other PvE content outside fractals.

Also, keep in mind, I have no clue what my might stacks were at the time but I always have 25 stacks of +10 condi damage. I also use runes of tormenting to help build up stacks… I know, by myself, I can maintain well over thirty easily. I am guessing, with proper Glint management, you can keep up reasonable might too. I also have the sigil of +6% condi damage.

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

(edited by Pompeia.5483)

in Revenant

Terra.8571

Just wanted to ask a mod if this guide could be stickied to the top (especially as it’s starting to get lost). I note Obal previous guide on DPS Guardian was stickied and don’t see why this one can’t be. Thanks.

(edited by Terra.8571)

in Revenant

Posted by: Dionan.2645

Dionan.2645

I’m not understanding how running down energy affects the cooldown of One with Nature, can you explain further?

in Revenant

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I’m not understanding how running down energy affects the cooldown of One with Nature, can you explain further?

To use quickness on Shiro you can’t have any other upkeep. All of them would disappear when swapping from Glint to Shiro, but F2 would still remain active. To disable it, you’d need to use it and then it’d go on cooldown. The only way to turn it off without having cooldown is to run out of energy.

in Revenant

obal.3218

You want to turn on facet of nature while in glint. You will want to run out of energy before swapping back to shiro so facet of nature turns off instead of you having to use one with nature making it so that you can’t use facet of nature for 25s. If you swap to Shiro before running out of glint energy facet of nature will still be on and you won’t be able to use impossible odds unless you use one with nature.

To run out of glint energy close to when shiro comes back up you activate all but the prot facet, sword3, axe4, and elemental blast (when you have around 4 energy left). You can use sword2 to help run out of energy if need be.

Running out the energy is no loss in dps and you get to have 50% boon uptime every time your in glint which is goal.

in Revenant

Posted by: Dionan.2645

Dionan.2645

ahh, ok i see now. thanks

in Revenant

Posted by: Albunk.9217

Albunk.9217

I just had a quick question about this part of the rotation

• Shiro + Mallyx – Enchanted Daggers -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto -> Demon Stance -> Embrace the Darkness -> Facet of Nature -> Sword Auto -> Unrelenting Assault after quickness is over -> Sword Auto -> Assassin Stance -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto -> repeat Mallyx and Shiro off cooldown

Is this using herald specialization without glint active? If so I was just curious if there was any advice for a Shiro + Mallyx rotation for those who don’t have herald unlocked quite yet.

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I am doing wonderfully fine with my fully decked-out sinister Revenant. Given a good rotation (I do not recall what I used) you can get ticks to hit ~10k+ when the target moves. With how much kiting you can do in PvE, even in the events, the targets move plenty so it is inconsequential. For stationary targets like Tequatl, you are going to be stuck with 4-6k (again on a good rotation). I also never bother with the elite… just not worth it, really. You are better off waiting till ~80 energy and then spamming Anguish three times with mace 3, axe 5, and mace aa.

I average 3-5k when I am dodge rolling and avoiding mobs after pulling aggro during a good rotations. Also, this is only counting torment. The burning stacks you apply are roughly equal to stationary torment and the poison stacks are about 1-2k depending on the amount of times you use mace AA in full and the poison trait in the corruption line with the excessive ICD.

Keep in mind my observations are from exotic armor and weapons and ascended trinkets. I am sure the 8-10% from weapons and 5% from armor being ascended might make it, in elitists eyes, legitimate… but I am not so worried about that right now. Not like it is required in raids or any other PvE content outside fractals.

Also, keep in mind, I have no clue what my might stacks were at the time but I always have 25 stacks of +10 condi damage. I also use runes of tormenting to help build up stacks… I know, by myself, I can maintain well over thirty easily. I am guessing, with proper Glint management, you can keep up reasonable might too. I also have the sigil of +6% condi damage.

im using ascended viper armor and weapons with sinister trinkets and getting nowhere near those numbers. however, im using berserker runes, not torment. Berserker runes give power and condi with power and condi +5%

would you mind linking build

(edited by Azure.8670)

in Revenant

obal.3218

I just had a quick question about this part of the rotation

• Shiro + Mallyx – Enchanted Daggers -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto -> Demon Stance -> Embrace the Darkness -> Facet of Nature -> Sword Auto -> Unrelenting Assault after quickness is over -> Sword Auto -> Assassin Stance -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto -> repeat Mallyx and Shiro off cooldown

Is this using herald specialization without glint active? If so I was just curious if there was any advice for a Shiro + Mallyx rotation for those who don’t have herald unlocked quite yet.

You would just use that without F2. That’s what I did until I unlocked Herald.

im using ascended viper armor and weapons with sinister trinkets and getting nowhere near those numbers. however, im using berserker runes, not torment. Berserker runes give power and condi with power and condi +5%

would you mind linking build

I looked into condi rev a bit and finding it to be pretty bad compared to zerker. Torment ins’t a very good condi and sword is op. I guess if stuff moved around for most of the fight it be fine but that’s not the case for pve.

in Revenant

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I’m convinced that with the revelator’s high sword DPS and boon stacking, you’re better off taking them as a hybrid DPS/support rather than just going full kitten into DPS spec. With enough boon duration they can replace the PS pretty easily and give prot, ferocity, and boon duration (for the chrono) to boot. Well worth the loss of 150 power and a couple of banners, especially considering the rev will be doing way more than a PS warrior in the process.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Sure, I said “optimal”, not max dps. At some point vit becomes more interesting then precision. It’s a little bit OT maybe, but I didn’t go against your statement

in Revenant

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

+1 and bump

This thread should be sticky =)

in Revenant

Terra.8571

Sure, I said “optimal”, not max dps. At some point vit becomes more interesting then precision. It’s a little bit OT maybe, but I didn’t go against your statement

Well, the definition of optimal is best or most favorable. The guide is an optimal DPS build hence will want to max dps – anything but zerker’s is a dps loss usually (there are exceptions but this isn;t one of them).

Anyways, you can run some valk or cavalier if you are struggling but that wouldn’t be optimal. Obviously if you are dying, dead dps = 0 dps, but I haven’t found a boss yet where you can’t run full zerker including the raid first boss. We will see what happens as raids progress I guess.

BTW, I’m not arguing you can’t have alternatives/ variations of this build as you suggested.

in Revenant

Posted by: RiiSEN.9072

RiiSEN.9072

For everyone arguing for/against condi builds remember that there is a lot about the raids that we don’t know, as we’ve only seen 1 boss. And that boss happened to require at least some condi builds. The one thing we know for sure is that condi builds will be viable since nothing is going to be zerg-able in the raid. How well Rev stacks up to other condi builds does not have to only include their dps but how well their utilities stack up comparatively as well.

Until we know more information, this is a guide PURELY for the highest possible dps, and should be treated as such.

in Revenant

Posted by: GaiusB.2840

GaiusB.2840

I got a question for those who’ve played rev for a while already; any idea if a staff-centric build would work ? For some reason S/A bores me to death, and the staff animations look too good to pass up