[Guide] DPS Revenant for PVE

in Revenant

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

For everyone arguing for/against condi builds remember that there is a lot about the raids that we don’t know, as we’ve only seen 1 boss. And that boss happened to require at least some condi builds. The one thing we know for sure is that condi builds will be viable since nothing is going to be zerg-able in the raid. How well Rev stacks up to other condi builds does not have to only include their dps but how well their utilities stack up comparatively as well.

Until we know more information, this is a guide PURELY for the highest possible dps, and should be treated as such.

The guide was made for current content and as such is completely valid for current fractals and dungeons. I’m sure Obal will tweak it for raids when they come out.

Rev condi dps isn’t high enough for PvE, regardless if raids require it. When other classes can do 25-30%+ more condi damage than you in a timed fight, the low dps hurts. Using condi Rev’s in non timed fights should be fine but for timed fights may not be viable. Also, the best condition for PvE is burning, Rev’s have low access to that which makes it more difficult. We’ll have to see if torment becomes a thing but right now condi Rev’s in PvE is more of a niche build. We’ll see if things change I guess.

I got a question for those who’ve played rev for a while already; any idea if a staff-centric build would work ? For some reason S/A bores me to death, and the staff animations look too good to pass up

Staff dps is really bad unfortunately. If you have fun with it though, feel free to use it. The 5 skill is a must for break bars and 4 is an ok heal, but compared to sword, the dps is night and day. You may have more luck using a staff in hybrid build or just use it in general PvE because you like it. Obal’s build is just a guide. Feel free to play whatever you find fun.

in Revenant

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

obal, how is the staff’s DPS compared to that of the sword?

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Revenant

Posted by: neurosis.6350

neurosis.6350

I have a qustion: is condi rev viable in PvE at all?
Mace+Axe, Mace+Shield, Rabid Gear, Mallyx+Glint.
Or it’s a bad idea since my foes should move around to get more dmg?

in Revenant

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

no. I made a full Viper ascended set with Sinister trinkets and its garbage. Its very fun, but the dps is beyond awful.

Im making a complete list of overhauls for Roy you look at (which he actually does, and thats a huge reason I changed my main to Rev)

in Revenant

Posted by: neurosis.6350

neurosis.6350

no. I made a full Viper ascended set with Sinister trinkets and its garbage. Its very fun, but the dps is beyond awful.

Im making a complete list of overhauls for Roy you look at (which he actually does, and thats a huge reason I changed my main to Rev)

Okay, ty a lot could you tell me how can I see my DPS?

in Revenant

Posted by: Mars.4932

Mars.4932

is the rotation still valid after the dragon stance bug fix?

in Revenant

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

I looked at condi and it was like 11k compared to zerker 20k. Sword is op and torment isn’t a good condi for pve so it’s not worth running if you want to be optimal or anywhere near it. I assumed all buffs and shiro/mallyx with optimal gear.

in Revenant

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

I’m hoping someone can tell me why one toughness trinket is good and also why that messes with aggro?

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Anybody know how much damage you lose by swapping to staff for certain tasks like the cc break bars? I’m kind of annoyed with how damage traits focus on the sword either through a direct buff or to dual wield; not that I hate sword and it’s a great primary but it is annoying that it doesn’t affect the Hammer or staff if you have those on swap.

Anyway, I suppose the damage isn’t all that important if you swap to it to smash that bar, but I still wonder…

in Revenant

obal.3218

is the rotation still valid after the dragon stance bug fix?

I haven’t noticed any difference.

I’m hoping someone can tell me why one toughness trinket is good and also why that messes with aggro?

One of the factors for aggro is toughness. If everyone has no additional toughness and you put on 1 piece of gear with toughness on you something like the ettin or achdivener (final fight) will be on you the whole time. It doesn’t work for everything.

in Revenant

obal.3218

Anybody know how much damage you lose by swapping to staff for certain tasks like the cc break bars? I’m kind of annoyed with how damage traits focus on the sword either through a direct buff or to dual wield; not that I hate sword and it’s a great primary but it is annoying that it doesn’t affect the Hammer or staff if you have those on swap.

Anyway, I suppose the damage isn’t all that important if you swap to it to smash that bar, but I still wonder…

Here is using just staff. I use it at the start of a fight but don’t swap back to it after that. This doesn’t account for the surge of the mists nerf and it assumes you have no dps downtime since it takes time for most bosses to run back after using it.

Attachments:

(edited by obal.3218)

in Revenant

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I got a question for those who’ve played rev for a while already; any idea if a staff-centric build would work ? For some reason S/A bores me to death, and the staff animations look too good to pass up

I would suggest speccing the salvation line. There is a staff specific trait called Tranquil Benediction: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tranquil_Benediction

The staff is tied into a healing/support role and also to Ventari Legend, considering that traitline also supports the tablet and the Legend itself. You can of course dps with the staff but it is currently not top in dps in terms of numbers.

in Revenant

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Here is using just staff. I use it at the start of a fight but don’t swap back to it after that. This doesn’t account for the surge of the mists nerf and it assumes you have no dps downtime since it takes time for most bosses to run back after using it.

Thank you.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Revenant

Posted by: GaiusB.2840

GaiusB.2840

I would suggest speccing the salvation line. There is a staff specific trait called Tranquil Benediction: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tranquil_Benediction

The staff is tied into a healing/support role and also to Ventari Legend, considering that traitline also supports the tablet and the Legend itself. You can of course dps with the staff but it is currently not top in dps in terms of numbers.

Thanks a lot Staff really looks nice, and i’m ok with running a support build if it’s the most sensible solution.
And thanks Obal, that chart was quite informative.

in Revenant

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Thanks for that Obal; nice with some kind of reference point, really appreciate it.

in Revenant

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

I am missing traits for this rotation:
Shiro + Mallyx – Enchanted Daggers → Impossible Odds → Sword Auto → Demon Stance → Embrace the Darkness → Facet of Nature → Sword Auto → Unrelenting Assault after quickness is over → Sword Auto → Assassin Stance → Impossible Odds → Sword Auto → repeat Mallyx and Shiro off cooldown

It clearly have Herald slotted due to presence of facet of nature. I asume Devastation is second. But Corruption or Invocation for last one? That im unclear on. Also it does not consume Facet of Nature at all? Facet seems like a good buff to consume on cooldown if you dont use dragon stance?

in Revenant

obal.3218

I am missing traits for this rotation:
Shiro + Mallyx – Enchanted Daggers -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto -> Demon Stance -> Embrace the Darkness -> Facet of Nature -> Sword Auto -> Unrelenting Assault after quickness is over -> Sword Auto -> Assassin Stance -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto -> repeat Mallyx and Shiro off cooldown

It clearly have Herald slotted due to presence of facet of nature. I asume Devastation is second. But Corruption or Invocation for last one? That im unclear on. Also it does not consume Facet of Nature at all? Facet seems like a good buff to consume on cooldown if you dont use dragon stance?

I made the rotations assuming that your in a group and the facet of nature would really help there being passive. In you play solo with herald barely unlocked then I’d say just consume the facet while your in mallyx. I dropped corruption for herald once I got hardening persistence unlocked since it doesn’t help much and the other lines would be devestation and invocation.

in Revenant

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Just a quick note, obal – Unyielding Anguish doesn’t move targets anymore. It’s good for breakbars, however.

Skills

• Unyielding Anguish – Use to move enemies if need be
[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

I do have Herald fully unlocked, but I find it rather clunky to use with heavy micromanagement. Hence me prefering to use the basic sets for ease of use.

But I do wonder, just how useful is facet of nature in groups if you dont have any other active facets? Or does it actually buff the boon durations of everyone around you, and not just your own boons? Unclear wording on it.

But if going for a power oriented build with shiro and mallyx. I asume the trait lines to be herald, invocation and devastation then?

in Revenant

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

This shows how long I haven’t played for, but where’s sigil of bloodlust? Do people not use those anymore?

in Revenant

obal.3218

Just a quick note, obal – Unyielding Anguish doesn’t move targets anymore. It’s good for breakbars, however.

Skills

• Unyielding Anguish – Use to move enemies if need be

Thanks, I changed it. I had it pretyped from one of the beta weekends and I missed fixing that.

I do have Herald fully unlocked, but I find it rather clunky to use with heavy micromanagement. Hence me prefering to use the basic sets for ease of use.

But I do wonder, just how useful is facet of nature in groups if you dont have any other active facets? Or does it actually buff the boon durations of everyone around you, and not just your own boons? Unclear wording on it.

But if going for a power oriented build with shiro and mallyx. I asume the trait lines to be herald, invocation and devastation then?

Facet of nature applies to up to 5 people. That means if your in a group of 5 and a mesmer casts a time warp then everyone will get 50% more quickness. If your group prestacks might it will last 50% longer. If you use glint in your rotations and activate facets like regen, fury, prot along with facet of nature in your rotations they will always be up. I’d suggest using glint. For zerk those lines you listed will be what you will run regardless of legends taken.

This shows how long I haven’t played for, but where’s sigil of bloodlust? Do people not use those anymore?

They changed them a lot. Even if you have 2 sigils you get one stack now. You also have to have a weapon in you swaps that has the stacking sigil or they will be lost. They fixed it so you can’t store one in you underwater set and keep them either. They aren’t worthwhile for the most part anymore.

in Revenant

Posted by: Destabilizator.2789

Destabilizator.2789

What do you think about https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Durability for trekking in Maguma?

I feel that going melee (sword) and chasing the ever moving mobs there (or facing Axemaster) is solid murder, so I focus more on Hammer + booning allies.

Vertor et revertor.

(edited by Destabilizator.2789)

in Revenant

Linfang.1087

What do you think about https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Durability for trekking in Maguma?

I feel that going melee (sword) and chasing the ever moving mobs there (or facing Axemaster) is solid murder, so I focus more on Hammer + booning allies.

Personally, I think if going Herald with any boon duration stats or runes is a bit overkill. Facet of Nature is 50% boon duration. Envoy of Sustenance is 15% boon duration. I would go with other stats that would benefit us more.

in Revenant

obal.3218

Boon duration isn’t worth it. The only thing it will help is your quickness from Shiro. If you are doing rotations properly then you can maintain permanent boons from facets without more boon duration so it becomes a waste. The only boon you won’t cap out on from the facets is might. That is why strength runes would be a good choice if you are solo or your group isn’t stacking much at all.

With our hp pool, being heavy armor, and hardening persistence survival shouldn’t be too hard. You don’t want to miss out on good stats for runes. If you want more survival you would want to swap in some valkyrie or captains pieces since we have such high crit chance already and it won’t hurt much.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Scholar – Best choice for groups
Strength – Best choice for solo

Shouldn’t be the opposite?

Also Night runes do not work in raids. Worth a mention.

in Revenant

LucianDK.8615

Decided to give herald another try. Im understanding why you want to run yourself out of energy so that Facet of Nature deactivates prior to going into Shiro, as it otherwise would block Impossible Odds.

But when do you activate Nature again in the rotation, or is it only for the beginning of the fight? I noticed I did not see it mentioned in the rotations.

So if I understood it right, its main use is outside combat to stack your boons, at least until you start running yourself out of juice prior to flipping stances?

in Revenant

Posted by: izzuedotcom.2498

izzuedotcom.2498

I looked at condi and it was like 11k compared to zerker 20k. Sword is op and torment isn’t a good condi for pve so it’s not worth running if you want to be optimal or anywhere near it. I assumed all buffs and shiro/mallyx with optimal gear.

Hi Obal. I understand that torment isn’t a good condition for pve but what if I specced for burning instead? Would this make a condi revenant or a hybrid revenant viable?

in Revenant

obal.3218

Scholar – Best choice for groups
Strength – Best choice for solo

Shouldn’t be the opposite?

Also Night runes do not work in raids. Worth a mention.

No. Might should be covered for groups. If you are in a pug that doesn’t stack much or any might or are solo then strength would be better. I added a note for that since I didn’t before.

I’m aware Night doesn’t work in raids. I have Air in the guide if Night/Slaying don’t apply since it would be the next best choice.

Decided to give herald another try. Im understanding why you want to run yourself out of energy so that Facet of Nature deactivates prior to going into Shiro, as it otherwise would block Impossible Odds.

But when do you activate Nature again in the rotation, or is it only for the beginning of the fight? I noticed I did not see it mentioned in the rotations.

So if I understood it right, its main use is outside combat to stack your boons, at least until you start running yourself out of juice prior to flipping stances?

In the rotations I have activate all facets except elite. This includes Facet of Nature. Whenever you swap back to Glint you should turn it on. This allows you to get permanent boons like fury, regen, swiftness as well as giving everyone more quickness during timewarps and whatever boons people do doing combat. Out of combat I usually have Nature, Darkness, and Elements on. When I get somewhat close to starting a fight I turn on Light and Strength. I use Precision Strike to help get rid of energy if I have too much as I run in as well.

in Revenant

Posted by: ZilPui.9176

ZilPui.9176

Sticky this plz! Great work.

in Revenant

Posted by: numberbb.8724

numberbb.8724

Important Brakebar system

CC isn’t damage source only for Brakebar.

CC ( daze, stun ,Freeze) & pull , KB = instant damage
Immune Conditions (Fear, Chill, Immobilized , Crippled , Blind, Slow)= degen damage
(very good degen-effect . ex nec well skills, thf blind GT skill )

effect skills (ex. sword+axe, glint+shiro)
- weapon
Sword 2 (Chill)
Axe4 (Chill)
-utility
Gaze Of Daknes (Blind)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Breakbar

(edited by numberbb.8724)

in Revenant

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

For Devastation adept traits, how much better DPS is Vicious Lacerations over Ferocious Strikes?

in Revenant

obal.3218

For Devastation adept traits, how much better DPS is Vicious Lacerations over Ferocious Strikes?

It’s a little over 900 dps better.

in Revenant

Posted by: Serahiel.4356

Serahiel.4356

Hello =) im Really Loving Hammer on Revenant but im not good in making Builds could anyone maybe help me choosing Specialization traits when you want to play with Hammer most of the time ? would really appreciate the help =) thank you

in Revenant

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

What are the maths on vengeful hammers from Jallis? because so far it seems better DPS than Mallyx, and Shiro if you have Quickness from other sources.

(edited by arkealia.2713)

in Revenant

Linfang.1087

Hello =) im Really Loving Hammer on Revenant but im not good in making Builds could anyone maybe help me choosing Specialization traits when you want to play with Hammer most of the time ? would really appreciate the help =) thank you

Hammer is DPS focused. You would use the same build

in Revenant

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

Great guide, thanks a lot obal.

Btw, something I didnt see mentioned so far: sword 2 functions pretty much the same as the guardian GS5, as in, all bolts will hit the same target if you’re inside the hitbox and there are a few adds around.
Should be a dps increase if you use it in glint to run down the energy.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

in Revenant

obal.3218

It would be the same build.

What are the maths on vengeful hammers from Jallis? because so far it seems better DPS than Mallyx, and Shiro if you have Quickness from other sources.

It’s not currently in our calcs so I can’t look into it yet. The draw of Mallyx is that you get the damage buff with others giving you quickness and get to use facet of nature as well. I don’t think vengeful hammers would be impacted by quickness so it would fall behind. For longer fights even if you have other sources of quickness shiro will just add even more quickness on top of that so it would be better. I’ll look into Jalis eventually though.

Great guide, thanks a lot obal.

Btw, something I didnt see mentioned so far: sword 2 functions pretty much the same as the guardian GS5, as in, all bolts will hit the same target if you’re inside the hitbox and there are a few adds around.
Should be a dps increase if you use it in glint to run down the energy.

I mentioned it in the rotation notes.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kallark.2543

Kallark.2543

Love the guide, this has helped me immensely with my Rev. I seem to be missing something tho, in the Mallyx/Shiro rotation, I see Facet of Nature, assuming it’s a typo since that is a Herald skill. Just confused, also tired so I may have missed it in one of the replies. Anyways, great guide.

in Revenant

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

Obal, thanks for the guidance. I hadn’t been using Facet of Nature except to irregularly pop One with Nature, but now the whole energy depletion and legend swapping is coming together nicely. I like how you can play this rotation without ever having to look to your skill bar for CDs. You have Herald’s ground effect to indicate when you can swap to Shiro, and you have the obvious loss of quickness to indicate when you should swap back to Glint.

in Revenant

obal.3218

Love the guide, this has helped me immensely with my Rev. I seem to be missing something tho, in the Mallyx/Shiro rotation, I see Facet of Nature, assuming it’s a typo since that is a Herald skill. Just confused, also tired so I may have missed it in one of the replies. Anyways, great guide.

No. It’s worth if your in a group for better boons and better might from unrelenting assault. I put herald on as soon as I got the facet of nature.

in Revenant

Posted by: Kobraki Ninja.1572

Kobraki Ninja.1572

Question , is this a valid build for all pve general i.e mapping,story etc or is it just for world bosses , dungeons and fractals etc ?

in Revenant

obal.3218

Question , is this a valid build for all pve general i.e mapping,story etc or is it just for world bosses , dungeons and fractals etc ?

Yes. I use it for all these things.

in Revenant

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

@obal: Do you have any thoughts on using Plate of Roasted Cactus instead of Fried Golden Dumplings in PuGs or for solo play? The extra boon duration from the dumplings feels a bit wasted to me sometimes, the +100 ferocity from the cactus however would offer additional ~6.6% crit damage if I’m not mistaken.

in Revenant

Posted by: Slartibartfast.5416

Slartibartfast.5416

Rotation Notes

Pure DPS Rotation

• Glint + Shiro – Activate all facets except elite -> Elemental Blast -> Assassin Stance -> Enchanted Daggers -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto -> Dragon Stance -> Activate all facets except elite -> Sword Auto until Quickness runs out -> Unrelenting Assault -> Frigid Blitz -> Sword Auto -> Elemental Blast -> Assassin Stance -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto -> repeat Glint and Shiro off cooldown

I’ve spent a couple days puzzling over this, and trying to work out the rotation. I’m a bit slow, so let’s pretend that I don’t fully understand all the mechanics, or how they necessarily work. Actually, we don’t even have to pretend.

At the moment, I’m using the Glint/Shiro combo, with hammer and sword/axe. I’ve been trying really hard to follow the above rotation in order to understand what’s going on, and why. One thing that isn’t specified and I had issues with trying to work around is, you don’t specifically mention the F2 facet.. am I correct in assuming that when you say “activate all facets”, that includes the F2 one? And if so, do I ever blast it, or just leave it alone? I’ve been having troubles with it when swapping to Shiro and attempting to use Impossible Odds.. because Impossible Odds is unavailable with the F2 still active. So I’ve just been ignoring F2 altogether and don’t even activate it in the rotation. Again, let me know what I’m doing wrong, there.

So what I’ve been able to gather, and you allude to it in your rotation notes but not clearly enough for me, is the only reason we are in Shiro is to use the heal, Impossible Odds, and autoattack.. and that’s it. Right? What isn’t clear is what is the trigger that makes me swap back to Dragon Stance.. is it when Impossible Odds runs out?

Then, when you say “activate all facets except elite”, again, does that include the F2 facet? If so, I’m not sure I understand what you mean in your notes by letting it run out for some sort of cooldown avoidance. What exact mechanic are we striving for there?

Can you provide a bit more description about what exactly is going on during this rotation?

Thank you.

I bind all of my keys to Gravedigger and rapidly roll my face across the keyboard while screaming
“I am teh Leetness!” at the top of my lungs, while rubbing baby oil all over myself.

(edited by Slartibartfast.5416)

in Revenant

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

Rotation Notes

Pure DPS Rotation

• Glint + Shiro – Activate all facets except elite -> Elemental Blast -> Assassin Stance -> Enchanted Daggers -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto -> Dragon Stance -> Activate all facets except elite -> Sword Auto until Quickness runs out -> Unrelenting Assault -> Frigid Blitz -> Sword Auto -> Elemental Blast -> Assassin Stance -> Impossible Odds -> Sword Auto -> repeat Glint and Shiro off cooldown

I’ve spent a couple days puzzling over this, and trying to work out the rotation. I’m a bit slow, so let’s pretend that I don’t fully understand all the mechanics, or how they necessarily work. Actually, we don’t even have to pretend.

At the moment, I’m using the Glint/Shiro combo, with hammer and sword/axe. I’ve been trying really hard to follow the above rotation in order to understand what’s going on, and why. One thing that isn’t specified and I had issues with trying to work around is, you don’t specifically mention the F2 facet.. am I correct in assuming that when you say “activate all facets”, that includes the F2 one? And if so, do I ever blast it, or just leave it alone? I’ve been having troubles with it when swapping to Shiro and attempting to use Impossible Odds.. because Impossible Odds is unavailable with the F2 still active. So I’ve just been ignoring F2 altogether and don’t even activate it in the rotation. Again, let me know what I’m doing wrong, there.

So what I’ve been able to gather, and you allude to it in your rotation notes but not clearly enough for me, is the only reason we are in Shiro is to use the heal, Impossible Odds, and autoattack.. and that’s it. Right? What isn’t clear is what is the trigger that makes me swap back to Dragon Stance.. is it when Impossible Odds runs out?

Then, when you say “activate all facets except elite”, again, does that include the F2 facet? If so, I’m not sure I understand what you mean in your notes by letting it run out for some sort of cooldown avoidance. What exact mechanic are we striving for there?

Can you provide a bit more description about what exactly is going on during this rotation?

Thank you.

Yes, activate the F2 facet (Facet of Nature) after switching to Glint. This gives you 50% extra boon duration for the boons you are pumping out while in Glint. Now, don’t swap back to Shiro until you run out of energy in Glint; running out of energy forces the automatic deactivation of Facet of Nature. Energy drain is the only way to deactivate Facet of Nature without triggering the CD. You cannot, due to mechanics of the class I guess, activate Impossible Odds in Shiro if Facet of Nature is still active.

in Revenant

obal.3218

Rotation Notes

Pure DPS Rotation

Thank you.

F2 is included in all the facets. The goal is to have that up whenever in glint. You want to run out of energy for a legend and swap to the next. You can see how I do it in my video since I have a rotation included https://youtu.be/kGidGKUF6hY?t=16m1s

in Revenant

Posted by: Prothescar.7842

Prothescar.7842

Any recommendations on staff stats? Just go for the standard Berserker, or would something incorporating Healing Power be better considering the nature of the weapon? Pretty much comes down to Berserker or Cleric for this particular staff.

in Revenant

Posted by: Roxtar.6487

Roxtar.6487

Just something I haven’t seen mentioned – the icd for Shared Empowerment (give 1 might to allies when you apply a boon) is 1sec. Your herald boons sync with the server and refresh every 3s so you are effectively getting 1/3rd of the potential from the trait. If you stagger your utilities a little you’ll get better might sharing. If you run sigil of strength you can get, on average, a sustained 4 extra might shared to allies (tested in the mists). While this is a loss in personal dps from an air sigil and you will easily cap at 25 might, it’s definitely worth noting you can get some insane might sharing for such a small price.

Here’s the breakdown if anyone is interested:

baseline (just facet of darkness and nature): 4-5 might
w/ Facet of Strength: 10-11

w/ Sigil of Strength: 9-10
w/ Sigil & Facet: 15-16

w/ Sigil & Runes of Strength: 11-12
w/ Sigil & Runes & Facet: 18-19

*all tests had 86.85% crit chance and had facet of darkness and nature maintained. Number range is the amount of maintained might applied to a nearby ally. This was against the indestructible golem in the mists. Note that more enemies will allow more sigil procs so the sigil might actually average 1 or 2 might higher in multiple enemy scenarios.

If you’re in a pve scenario where your party has little might or you are the sole might provider, definitely consider sigil of strength and maybe strength runes! Or if your war doesn’t want to run PS!

(edited by Roxtar.6487)

in Revenant

obal.3218

That sounds about right. I suggest in the guide to run strength runes solo or in low might groups. I usually swap sets if I’m not too lazy to grab the gear off my warrior.

Any recommendations on staff stats? Just go for the standard Berserker, or would something incorporating Healing Power be better considering the nature of the weapon? Pretty much comes down to Berserker or Cleric for this particular staff.

For a dps rev it should be used just for the cc. You do it off the start or for things that phase so you don’t get stuck in it for long. If you get stuck in it you will want to do the most damage possible so pick berserker.

in Revenant

Posted by: Roxtar.6487

Roxtar.6487

yes, while strength runes do help, I think you should mention sigil of strength seeing as it is a larger increase in might stacks than strength runes while also giving up less DPS than switching from scholar to strength runes.