Headstart?

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

People talked about this subject and i wana add my prespective.
since the 1st day of gw2 iim playing with 3 friends and 1 came along on the 2nd month
we were alweys a party of 5 friends.
i wana Main the revenant it really feels like the class that was missing, i have a fulled acsended infused set waiting for the revenant+80 knowlage scrolls but i prefer to lvl him normaly, best way to learn a class and every skill is slowly step by step,i need map and story complition anyway, that being said i want to play with my friends in the new zones knowing what im doing with my new class.
if ill get the rev the same day i will rush everything to catch up with the others, and rushing in games alweys loses the 1st time “effect” where everything seems amazing ^^,
it will defently reduce the amout of revs in the new zones
and i dont know if devs will have enough time, but they could even make some extra last touchs with our feedback on the rev before the real reales
P,S, the new zones as i saw in beta have smarter and stronger MOBs which is awesome but it also proves my point, if ill rush to 80 with scrools and run to where ever the new zones are i wont be a helpfull as i would if i had time to learn the class….helpfull….huh not die more like it

(edited by Shiro Tegachii.5619)

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

As I said in a similar thread. I REALLY, REALLY think that it would be a great idea if the devs allowed those of us who pre-purchased to play Revenant a week early or so. As you said, if we get it the same day as everyone else, we’ll be in a hurry to catch up and miss out on the experience of enjoying the story as a Revenant. I want to take my time and re-experience everything on my new Revenant before jumping into HoT the same time as everyone else.

Roy, I know you’ve already done so much for us but this would just be the delicious, sweet icing on the magnificent cake called Revenant that you’ve made for us.

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

Hi, this topic has been going for awhile now and there is a Petition up for it. If you not signed or commented on the forum it might be a good thing to do so It is one way to try and get our voice heard and to push the forum back up near the top to be seen: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/Early-Access-Petition/first#post5406609

I agree completely. While my gear isn’t all infused I do have an almost full set as in I am missing the weapons only at this point and the last gift of ascension for the back item I want but I would love to level the rev normally without being punished for wishing to see the new content on the rev day one.

Edit: Forum was removed by the looks of it

(edited by frayon.3984)

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Another voice here, asking for the Revenant to be released early so that those who both want to level by playing and also play the Revenant in the new area at release can do so.

If the Rev is released early, I can spend the time enjoying the leveling process and learning how to play it. If it doesn’t get released, then there is a very strong incentive to tome level it and immediately jump to the new area. I think the game and the profession would be better off if leveling by playing was encouraged with an early release.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

If they done this then you would have the same arguements for the elite spec’s of every other class getting early release as some people are rolling new class just for them and it requires new playstyles etc to.

I would say this however, if they release it early for pre-purchase players then they should make it for PvE only. This arguement is being used with PvE being the basis for it and thus you wouldn’t need WvW/sPvP access anyways as that brings you no benefits for what you looking for. It also helps to make sure that the fine tuning that always done in the final days before a game comes out can continue without an impact in the competitive areas.

Personally, if you pre-ordered and do even a couple of hours of beta you be pretty much up to scratch imo. Sure you wont have it fine tuned but you will understand the basics of your chosen playstyle.

Would I like early access? Sure. I plan to make it my new main class assuming that it can find a place in fractal/wvw without it been classed as the new necro (latest changes help with pve side for sure) however I can completely understand them not doing so as well because it just be a headache when all other class forums demand access to their elite spec … of course they could just not let us get herald unlocked but i doubt they want to add extra un-necessary work to code a block like that for a week.

Headstart?

in Revenant

Rain.9213

If they done this then you would have the same arguements for the elite spec’s of every other class getting early release as some people are rolling new class just for them and it requires new playstyles etc to.

I would say this however, if they release it early for pre-purchase players then they should make it for PvE only. This arguement is being used with PvE being the basis for it and thus you wouldn’t need WvW/sPvP access anyways as that brings you no benefits for what you looking for. It also helps to make sure that the fine tuning that always done in the final days before a game comes out can continue without an impact in the competitive areas.

Personally, if you pre-ordered and do even a couple of hours of beta you be pretty much up to scratch imo. Sure you wont have it fine tuned but you will understand the basics of your chosen playstyle.

Would I like early access? Sure. I plan to make it my new main class assuming that it can find a place in fractal/wvw without it been classed as the new necro (latest changes help with pve side for sure) however I can completely understand them not doing so as well because it just be a headache when all other class forums demand access to their elite spec … of course they could just not let us get herald unlocked but i doubt they want to add extra un-necessary work to code a block like that for a week.

No it’s not the same. Revenant is not an elite spec. It’s a completely new class. All elite specs are only attainable after level 80. This means that everyone who purchased HoT can jump right into the HoT storyline with their level 80 character and get their specialization right off the bat into the new content.

Revenant players will have to either wait to level up their new character to level 80 to get started on the new content or be forced to insta-80 with tomes and skip on the personal story just to catch up with everyone else.

As for people rolling new characters for the new specs? They have the option to pre-level them before the expansion is out. An option us new Revenant mains do not.

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

I basicly made the same post in the general area for the expansion, since i do think people who aren’t as interested in the revenant deserve to give their opinions aswell.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/The-Revenant-Can-we-get-it-early/first#post5416325
It’s certainly being brought to the attention of the devs, what they do with it is their choice of course.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

i too wish for a revenant head start, and elite spec the time the expansion releases, seems only logical.

Proud TTS member

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

to get the elite spec in pve/wvw u need to do the story, to unlock it

Headstart?

in Revenant

frayon.3984

I basicly made the same post in the general area for the expansion, since i do think people who aren’t as interested in the revenant deserve to give their opinions aswell.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/The-Revenant-Can-we-get-it-early/first#post5416325
It’s certainly being brought to the attention of the devs, what they do with it is their choice of course.

As I stated on your forum, there are around 6 forums over this matter now and there was a forum (which I brought up in both of these threads) which had been to petition for the release of the base revenant.

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

No it’s not the same. Revenant is not an elite spec. It’s a completely new class. All elite specs are only attainable after level 80. This means that everyone who purchased HoT can jump right into the HoT storyline with their level 80 character and get their specialization right off the bat into the new content.

Revenant players will have to either wait to level up their new character to level 80 to get started on the new content or be forced to insta-80 with tomes and skip on the personal story just to catch up with everyone else.

As for people rolling new characters for the new specs? They have the option to pre-level them before the expansion is out. An option us new Revenant mains do not.

Half the arguement is “learning to play” the class so you can survive in the new area, as you can just insta-80 a rev if you didnt need to learn it for the new areas. Infact in many ways it actually a better idea to insta-80 before map completion so you can work on masteries for the base game maps.

A reaper plays completely different from a base necro, people will need to learn much about this new spec in regards to survivability, best time to us skills, optimal build to use with it, etc etc etc. So they too be in this situation.

Now the personal story etc is another story. No way to get around that however i have not seen any quote from anet that said what this guy states:

If there somewhere that this has been quoted then I would be grateful for a link to read that information myself. If however it is not the case and you just need to take it over one the core lines, that easy enough to get around by not spending hero points on one the core lines . . I know that is my plan so I can have herald right away.

If I do have to do the personal story, then I be a bit annoyed, that is true. But least i know with a insta-80, fully ascended geared toon I will fly through the story in a few hours. Sure it not optimal but that the sacrifice I am willing to make to get my perfered toon up and running.

Can’t say I ever experienced a game that allowed early access to an expansion class, but certainly would be an interesting step.. however like I said if they do so, in order to keep fairness to the base classes , Herald would have to be locked and only the core skills unlockable until the expansion officially released and unlocked it for all 9 classes.

Headstart?

in Revenant

Rain.9213

For me it’s not about learning to play it. It’s about being able to hop on your new shiny Revenant right alongside all your friends when HoT drops without having to insta-80 and miss out on partaking in the personal story as a Revenant. Sure you can go back and do it as an 80 but that’s just easy mode.

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

to get the elite spec in pve/wvw u need to do the story,
to unlock it

I’ve never seen this. Do you have a source? All I’ve seen is that you unlock it by using your hero points to unlock the traits, which then allows you to use the weapons for the elite.

What they specifically said was

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-two-reward-tracks-and-elite-specializations/
(Snip) “In order to equip any of these new skills, you’ll have to train and equip the corresponding elite specialization.” (Snip)

In other words, use hero points to unlock. Nothing is said about having to do personal story first.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Headstart?

in Revenant

frayon.3984

I seriously doubt it. If you have a source, do share. Otherwise, I doubt anet would gate this behind more than being level 80 and having HoT. There are a lot of people who have never finished the personal story and enjoy PvE or WvW and never plan to run personal story. Running the personal story is a choice on the players end and it would make a lot of players mad to gate the elite spec behind more than buying HoT and being level 80.

I personally enjoy the personal story, but it still wouldn’t make sense. All that i see in the specialization news drops that has anything to do with automatically being unlocked is the pvp reward track.

What they could do is gate it behind a piece of “story” or lore in HoT proper, which would make sense. Have us go on a little “quest” chain like in season 2 of the living world in order to unlock the elite spec for the class we’re playing. But not having it actually being a full on story arch to get it. Much like in WoW how the druid used to have these quest chains to unlock each new animal form (been a long time since I played WoW, but I don’t think it’s the same as it used to be for this which would be a shame because those were fun).

(edited by frayon.3984)

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

I think it would be pretty cool if each elite spec had a quest line to complete (not personally story, but a specific quest pertaining to the origins of the specialization) but haven’t seen any indication there will be.

Headstart?

in Revenant

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

I don’t mean to make devs feel more pressured then they already are, specially giving us a release date that really is soooo soon, however, it would be a nice feature to get the Rev Early

A lot of us threw in the money on the same day with 0 knowledge of the expansion release dates or half the new Speccs coming, it’d be a Lovely reward for the loyalty to see rev alittle earlier then those demanding to view before paying.

I mean I fully understand if Roy isn’t physically allowed to do it, or theres a problem with making such but if it is at all possible roy c: