Help me with my support revenant

in Revenant

Posted by: BlankHearts.8216

BlankHearts.8216

Hello! I’d like to make a support revenant using the new Crusader stat (Power, toughness, ferocity and healing power).

Something that deals good damage but also has good healing, I suppose a hybrid of both worlds. However, I’m not sure how to go about this and I could use some help from the community.

Thank you

in Revenant

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

If you want to do that just drop the toughness and go Power/Ferocity/boon duration with a few healing power pieces. Revenants are pretty tough (I run zerker/assassins gear and use Shiro/Glint for my legends) and are very mobile so dying is not one of the big worries. For best support, boon duration is your best bet because your AoE heals are less valuable than might stacking and permanent fury.

If you want to lean more support than damage, drop the ferocity and increase the healing power, but I cannot stress enough that boon duration is the best thing you can provide a group when using Glint as your legend

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

in Revenant

Posted by: Potato Slayer.3107

Potato Slayer.3107

Until they rework Ventari, your healing support will be very negligible. The best thing revs have right now is boon support/upkeep, so boon duration is your best bet with glint.

in Revenant

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Ventari’s is good for some specific fights but it’s slow to utilize so you’ll need to plan ahead. Most notably the reflect and condi cleanse will be the reason to use it.

As I said during the beta, Anet should remove the tablet, call it “Ventari’s Will” and make the effects trigger from the player. It’s still interesting because it forces the Revenant to consider positioning without having to micromanage the tablet while using abilities. Which by the way, moving the tablet cannot be done while other abilities are being used as it will cancel them so it’s even more of a hinderance.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

in Revenant

BlankHearts.8216

Oh I did not consider boon duration because I thought it wasn’t needed due to our F2 skill. Originally I did want to use ventari’s tablet because it seemed like a really cool playstyle but it seems mediocre from the responses here.

I wonder what my alternatives are.

(edited by BlankHearts.8216)

in Revenant

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

For support? Glint. Jalis give a teensy bit of group support, but primarily Glint and Ventari, and while Ventari is fun to use and not as bad as the people here like to claim, it’s also not going to be tolerated by most PUGs because they want to go fast and Ventarimis slower.

in Revenant

BlankHearts.8216

Now that I think about it, Glint does have that regeneration facet I could use. So I could stick with Shiro/Glint since that is revenants main DPS combination, but I could also use it as support through regen.

What would be some good runes for that and what kind of stat combination would I be looking for?

in Revenant

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Now that I think about it, Glint does have that regeneration facet I could use. So I could stick with Shiro/Glint since that is revenants main DPS combination, but I could also use it as support through regen.

What would be some good runes for that and what kind of stat combination would I be looking for?

For personal dps, scholar. For group support, Water and Monk both have boon duration and that might stack can be pretty awesome since you can double your own boon duration by yourself. If anyone could figure out how to make Runes of the Herald, the would be best because they give a ton of boon duration. But again, that’s for groups. Solo you are pretty much always better off with scholar.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”